Vaping and Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxrdrver

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
Has anyone ever had someone slow down and stare at you on the highway when you're vaping? I spend about 40 minutes each way to and from work everyday. I'll be cruizing along, vaping away on my igo-l/mech mod setup, and someone will slow down to stare. Seems to happen right after I blow a huge cloud of vapor out. I'll look over and smile. Then I hold up my setup and show them. Some just shake their heads, others laugh. I even had one lady look horrified. Maybe she thought I was smoking something breaking bad style.

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
I had one young lady (20) follow me into a parking lot to ask what kind of mod I had, what I thought of it, how much did it weigh, and what I would recommend for an upgrade from an ego with a ce4 clearo (this was pre B&M in my city).

I did have my entire kit with me so she could see the vamo, the mvp, protank, evod, vivi nova options available, and we went online so I could show her other options such as the provari and Zmax3 (gotta love all the businesses with free WIFI leaking out into their parking lots). She ended up getting the Zmax with a protank, has just ordered the MVP2 (more for a battery backup for her phone than anything else), has been coming over to learn how to rebuild protank heads and how to DIY (she has discovered that vaping is incredibly cheap - especially with me supplying the wire, wick, and DIY supplies - but that's ok with the DOM in me (DOM = dirty old man - who's your grampa))

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
I've had the scrunchy faces at stoplights and while walking down the street but I've also had a few thumbs up and head nods. I really don't care what other people think and I enjoy the reactions of the scrunchy face & sourpuss people the most. They look funnier than I do! I'm just carrying a weird looking pen that I can put down. They have to see that face every time they look in a mirror.

Buffyisabean

Nov 21, 2012
Wilkeson
Seems the vape movement has progressed ALOT faster than general public awareness.
Here in Washington state with the majiuanna store movement combined with equipment made to vape herbs as well as e-liquid it feels like trouble ahead for e-cig users......

I'm also in WA and have had this thought. I've chatted with my local police and they know what a Provari is now. But whenever I leave town, I get a little worried about people thinking it's something it's not. Helps to have a bottle of e-liquid with a label on it.

BigDaddyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Greenville, SC
A few times. I actually had one lady roll her window down and shout out to me that smoking is bad for my health LOL. I just shook my head back and said I'm not smoking, I'm vaping. To which she replied, "What's the difference?" I said there's a lot of difference, look it up sometime, Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread