won't let me post in the vamo forum... have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardent

Nov 3, 2013
USA
3 things I can think of:

1 - Your Vamo electronics are probably messed up. I had that happen to mine. You can tell if you see incorrect values show up for battery volts or ohms, or if the device changes voltage or wattage on its own.

2 - Your battery is not fully charged and is not providing the required power to heat up the atty

3 - Try loosening the protank a tad so that the air flows better. I need to do that with my protanks on my mods. This even after using an airflow adapter between the tanks and the mods.

Hope one of the above helps to identify/solve your problem.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Hi ubercrow, there are certain posting requirements before you can post everywhere in the forum. I thought the vamo forum was 5, but the server has to also reset - which it does at 20 or 25 past the hour. You can read more about those requirements here

And as for your question, I am not sure what the issue is, but I would suggest you remove your protank and disassemble it and give it a thorough clean. I doubt if a fully charged battery or the electronics 'messing up' will cause such a tight draw that you are getting a headache.

I am not familiar with the protank 3, so I don't know where the airholes are. But they are usually in the bottom connector that you screw into the battery - so make sure these are clear - you should be able to poke them out with a needle or a thin toothpick. I know I have blocked mine before when cleaning with a tiny piece of lint - so it's worth checking.

Last edited:
I had an issue with my vamo not reading or firing correctly, turned out the center pin inside the 510 connection was pressed down too far. Had to use a precision style screwdriver to gently pry it back up. Not sure if that would really cause the super tight draw which leads me to believe something may be put together incorrectly with the protank. Break it all the way down and put it back together, there are tutorials on youtube that can help out with that. Make sure the air holes are not blocked as well. I would recommend attaching the protank to another device first (an ego batt would be fine) and give it a vape.

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
Tight draw has nothing to do with battery or electronics. It's either you have a blockage( usually in the atomizer. Some rare times it's in the tube). Or it could be its seated too far down. Even on my provari the pro tank cannot be fully seated. It cuts off the air. So unscrew it a little. A quick test would be to take the pro tank off the vamo. Take a draw. If it's not tight like it was on the mod then just don't screw it on so tight.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Lmfao I will go back and correct it. I recently switched roms on my phone. Haven't had a chance to change the keyboard back to the one with my dictionary. Thank you for pointing it out. It was supposed to be provari

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I even misspelled "typo"! LOL Corrected now, thanks for the "like" or I wouldn't have gone back to read it. I figured you meant Provari, but when I read that, I just HAD to say something, too funny.

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
if you unscrew it a thread or two and it pulls fine, its an airflow issue with it seating on the vamo cap too tightly. all vamo cap versions do this as they dont have a native airflow channel built in.

get a simple beauty ring, like this one and it will help you seat your atomizer properly and still allow airflow.

other option is an airflow controller like this one

or if you are a handy type person... you could drill out airholes on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread