Protank 3 Coil Discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
I just picked up the Kanger Protank 3 from 101vape and it came in on Saturday. I noticed that the coil on the one I got is different from what is out on the Kanger website.

- Notice that the one in the Kanger picture is much longer.
- Also another difference is the top of the clearo where it meets the driptip

Just left me curious as to why that is... Maybe Kanger didn't update their product pics from an earlier design model. Not sure when the PT3 came out exactly.

From electronci cigarette. ecigs, kanger protank. kanger ecigs

20131016174068556855.jpg

From 101vape.com:

protank-3.jpg

RayBans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Southern California
Nice catch on that! The one that I just opened and am on my 10th vape has the short atomizer like the picture from 101vape. I'm running 100% VG on my RY4 flavor. The flavor is popping, So far I'm really impressed. Maybe they decided to ditch the long tube because the short one works better. To me it sure does, I'm really happy I ordered this. BTW How is yours going?

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
I love this thing. I'm a newbie so I've only tried the iClear 30, PT2 mini, and now the PT3. Definitely my favorite out of the bunch. Much better flavor.

I did notice that it still had a bit of the airy draw that my PT2 mini had but I fixed it....

***I wanted to see how the beauty ring that came with my MVP looked as opposed to the one that came with the PT3 and it took care of the airy draw along with the slight whistling sound that I had with my PT2 mini as well.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
Nice catch on that! The one that I just opened and am on my 10th vape has the short atomizer like the picture from 101vape. I'm running 100% VG on my RY4 flavor. The flavor is popping, So far I'm really impressed. Maybe they decided to ditch the long tube because the short one works better. To me it sure does, I'm really happy I ordered this. BTW How is yours going?

Have you by chance seen any replacement coils out there for the PT3? I looked around and couldn't find any... Probably just looking in the wrong places.

NorthWestVapour

Nov 20, 2013
Washington
Well I ordered a second PT3 so I'll have 2 backup coils for a bit. I got some 32 gauge wire coming and just bought a multimeter so I'll be rebuilding (or learning to) my coils

Sent from my Droid to the Maxx

If you rebuild these dual coils please let me know how that goes. I haven't found any info on a rebuild for these yet. I want to take a crack at it. Not til I get some info first though.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
If you rebuild these dual coils please let me know how that goes. I haven't found any info on a rebuild for these yet. I want to take a crack at it. Not til I get some info first though.

I got a learning curve ahead of me. Gotta learn how to make a coil for my nemi and mini pt2 first but it's only a matter of time. I'll keep you posted as long as I don't blow anything up ;-)

Sent from my Droid to the Maxx

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Buying a PT3 at the moment when the replacement heads aren't even available is like buying the PS3 now before any good games are out yet. I always find it's best to wait a while before getting something hot off the product line so they have time to work the bugs out.

Exactly.

There are usually two distinct types of consumers when it comes to issues like this. The first type is the consumer who PREFERS to get a product as soon as it comes out. The benefits are having it first, and enjoying being one of the first to try out a new toy. The second category, of which I've always been in, is the consumer who much more prefers to sit and wait for a product to be out a good while first. The benefits of this are being able to see a plentiful array of reviews, and letting OTHER people discover the problems so that I can make an educated decision as to whether or not those problems are something I'm willing to look past.

E-cig products are one of those things, in my opinion, that are even MORE SO important for people like me to WAIT, WAIT, and then WAIT some more.....because of how fickle they can be.

I bought a pro tank 1 LONG after it came out based on reviews, and I'm glad I did. However, I waited on the PT2, and STILL was disappointed. It performs terribly for me.

I'm going to pass on the PT3. I dislike the PT2 so much, that it would take a miracle to ever order a pro tank again. Especially now, with so many great similar alternatives that IMO work better.

jnixon

Oct 28, 2013
baltimore
Exactly.

There are usually two distinct types of consumers when it comes to issues like this. The first type is the consumer who PREFERS to get a product as soon as it comes out. The benefits are having it first, and enjoying being one of the first to try out a new toy. The second category, of which I've always been in, is the consumer who much more prefers to sit and wait for a product to be out a good while first. The benefits of this are being able to see a plentiful array of reviews, and letting OTHER people discover the problems so that I can make an educated decision as to whether or not those problems are something I'm willing to look past.

E-cig products are one of those things, in my opinion, that are even MORE SO important for people like me to WAIT, WAIT, and then WAIT some more.....because of how fickle they can be.

I bought a pro tank 1 LONG after it came out based on reviews, and I'm glad I did. However, I waited on the PT2, and STILL was disappointed. It performs terribly for me.

I'm going to pass on the PT3. I dislike the PT2 so much, that it would take a miracle to ever order a pro tank again. Especially now, with so many great similar alternatives that IMO work better.

and I bought the pt2 long after it came out and I loved it! when I saw the pt3 was out I had to buy one. it is pretty nice so far sucks the life outta my batteries(waiting on my mod to get here) but pretty nice. btw I don't usually buy something when it is first released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread