Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Just for fun I tried this little test.

I know it's not exactly a fair test but, it's the best I could do with what little I have.

Test juice is Penny's Girl from http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ers-forum/244042-smokeforpennys-new-sale.html

mods
ProVari - KirF tank, Boge 2.0 ohm pre-punched 1 hole
SVD - X8 tank, Boge 2.0 ohm pre-punched 1 hole
KTS Mech DCT tank, Smoktech 2.0 ohm Dual Coil-Double punched
MVP v2.0 - iClear 30
VTR - iClear 30s

I put the same juice in all 5 mods.

Got 3 people that Vape Penny's Girl as their main juice.

I let them think that all 5 mods had different juices in them.

Had them try all 5 and pick the one juice they liked the best.

All 3 Pick the juice in the ProVari :)

I am sure people can jump all over my little test and throw ohms, resistance, and coil numbers at me but it was just for fun and I got a kick out of it. :D

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Fun indeed :)

I see at least three different carto and tank types going on there.

Blind fold'um, and put in ear-buds of some type (so they can't see, nor hear the mods that do rattle-snake pulses) and put the same top-rig (drip tip and all) on all the batteries and push the button for them.

Set equal voltage/wattage on each battery.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Loads of fun??

While I admire your creativity, I'm not all the crazy about seeing posts like this. Some see it will take it the wrong way. Just like cinnamon tests and results. I would hope the KirF tank, Boge 2.0 ohm pre-punched 1 hole would taste the best on any device compared to an iClear 30. Should have been a delivery system test on a ProVari and the validity would have been more than fun.

I tend to be opinionated and not so eloquent at times so disregard if this is offensive......

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Loads of fun??

While I admire your creativity, I'm not all the crazy about seeing posts like this. Some see it will take it the wrong way. Just like cinnamon tests and results. I would hope the KirF tank, Boge 2.0 ohm pre-punched 1 hole would taste the best on any device compared to an iClear 30. Should have been a delivery system test on a ProVari and the validity would have been more than fun.

I tend to be opinionated and not so eloquent at times so disregard if this is offensive......

I wish I had 5 KirF tanks lol
I will try it again with same tanks on all of them. Just have to find 5 same tanks lol

If you had put the same Kir Fanis on all the mods I could see how your thread title might have some validity.

With that being said, this thread just sounds like another "Provari's Rule" trollfest.

Enjoy the responses.

I posted this in ProVari forum to avoid starting any BS with others, so if they in here either they looking to start or looking to buy.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I wish I had 5 KirF tanks lol
I will try it again with same tanks on all of them. Just have to find 5 same tanks lol

I posted this in ProVari forum to avoid starting any BS with others, so if they in here either they looking to start or looking to buy.

I found it whilst searching the term VTR (which I have to do as there isn't a specific forum).

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
You could have someone take a test drive in a Ferrari and a Mustang, and even if you put a limiter on the Ferrari so it went slower than the Mustang and covered the speedometers, I bet that most people would think the Ferrari went faster.

It's been proven that ProVari's OUGHT to taste better than anything else, due to the circuitry inside (see the "provari and vamo on an oscilloscope" thread) but as a true "blind" taste test, this one of yours fails miserably.

That said, I don't find your results surprising in the least. I could notice a difference between the taste when I used a Vamo, eGo and a ProVari. The ProVari tasted noticeably better.

Edit: Here's the link for that thread (WARNING! it got a little salty in there at times): http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
It's been proven that ProVari's OUGHT to taste better than anything else, due to the circuitry inside (see the "provari and vamo on an oscilloscope" thread) but as a true "blind" taste test, this one of yours fails miserably.

There ARE other circuit designs available that look just as good or better than the ProVari on a scope while also rivaling it on efficiency and safety features.

Several are analogue instead of PWM (tho' many of these really need higher voltage rigs).

At least 4 mass produced digital PWM circuits exist that look as good as the ProVari on a scope, and they actually go a step further and regulate the voltage/current up and down as the coil resistance changes in real time. In this case, NO, the voltage is NOT perfectly FLAT on a scope...it shouldn't be if the resistance of the coil is changing as it heats up and cools.

That said, I don't find your results surprising in the least. I could notice a difference between the taste when I used a Vamo, eGo and a ProVari. The ProVari tasted noticeably better.

I'm not surprised either. The overall EXPERIENCE of holding and firing a high end mod will certainly have an impact. It's a total package experience.

On down the road, there are also things like maintenance and care.

The ProVari to me is one of the ugliest mods in existence 'to my eye', BUT, when it comes to day to day use...it's exceptionally well thought out. No slip grip...good shape, good button, and a solid and consistent performer.

I.E. The stuff knurled into the body of the various ProVari body models reminds me of the no-slip stickers put in the bottom of the shower so people don't slip and fall (the handle of a lady's razor also comes to mind). If someone 'likes' the visual aspect of that knurling pattern that's great...but even if it's not exactly visually appealing to someone, it does still serve a practical function while stimulating higher level tactile senses. Once you actually hold and use one...it's a real game changer.

As a drag Race vehicle, the ProVari is slipping way behind in the race, as an eye-candy piece it's not exactly beauty pageant material...but in a longer term Grand Prix style race...it's still taking quite a share of checkered flags. Today, the ProVari is more like a limo, high end touring car, or luxury decked Range Rover than the exotic/fast Ferrari.

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have my ProVari and VTR currently both set up the same way. IBTanked, Ikenvape, and the same juice in both (don't ask). I have been vaping off of both of them for the last couple of days since I got the VTR. The main difference between the 2 is the chipset. The ProVari provides a stronger hit and no battery drop off.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
As a drag Race vehicle, the ProVari is slipping way behind in the race, as an eye-candy piece it's not exactly beauty pageant material...but in a longer term Grand Prix style race...it's still taking quite a share of checkered flags. Today, the ProVari is more like a limo, high end touring car, or luxury decked Range Rover than the exotic/fast Ferrari.
I've always used and liked the Hummer analogy (military version, not civilian). I posted this back in March-
The problem is that people keep comparing the ProVari to Rolls Royce's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and BMW's when they should be comparing it to this:
ORD_RWS_CROWS_Hummers_lg.jpg

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
What would those be? I'm curious, and would like to hear other options out there. Are you perhaps referring to DNA20 mods? If so, which ones?

There ARE other circuit designs available that look just as good or better than the ProVari on a scope while also rivaling it on efficiency and safety features.

Several are analogue instead of PWM (tho' many of these really need higher voltage rigs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread