Whats the best tank to use with Innokin Itaste SVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Didn't your SVD come with an iclear30?

Anyway, the best tank would be the one that fits your preference, so depends on the type of draw you like (tight or airy) the vapor temp your want (warm vape vs cool) and I guess the kind of ejuice you like to use (glass tank vs plastic; some e-juices don't go well with plastic, others have no reaction)

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
I'm also looking for another tank setup. Right now I'm use a PT II with cotton and micro coil when I'm on the go. At home I use an IGO-I for dripping.

Sounds like you already have a good setup there, do you not like the PT2 or looking for a different style? If the PT2 works great for you, the PT2 mini works just as good, but in a more compact form.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
I have recently just experiened a Russian 91% (kayfun/Kayfun light/Kayfun light plus clone. I only paid 12 bucks for it at FT and it is the best vape I ever had. Really.

I really think this is the highest level in a topper for vaping. Its is a rebuldable, its a dripper, its a tank system and its a rebuildable carto (sorta). The taste and smoothness of vape is just beyond compare and has no rivals.

if you get one, get the one with the adjustable airflow valve which is the Russian 91%, Kayfun light plus, or a Rocket clone, or from VaporBreak... Russian rebuildable atomizer this one is the better made clone. The original is around 125.00 and out of stock almost everywhere.

Really.. order the cheap Rocket from fastech for 12 bucks and see for yourself.

Im so impressed that I ordered 5 of the 22 dollar ones from This VaporBreak place (china) ( better machining)

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Just get a variety different juices do better with different tanks.
I prefer cartotanks, i use smok dct
I also like bcc my fave is the tumbler.
I use iclears when i have juice that is kinda good but not really, the iclears are really warm and mute taste.
The kanger t3s mutes flavor but is cooler.
Get a variety, if your juicmdoesnt taste good, try it in a different clearo

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
jhelliwell, thanks bud but thats a US website and im not paying that kind of delivery.
Any uk based tanks?

Thanks
Ah soory, I should've noticed your location. Try UD AGR+ and you will also need cartomizers and a carto punch

[EDIT]You'll need a drip tip too. The tank doesn't come with a mouthpeice

Last edited:

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
Sounds like you already have a good setup there, do you not like the PT2 or looking for a different style? If the PT2 works great for you, the PT2 mini works just as good, but in a more compact form.

Don't get me wrong, I like it but asides from wanting to expand my experience with different vaping gear, I'm on the hunt for MORE flavor. I don't know if I'll ever find it, but the hunt is on! I may play around with different PG/VG mixes once I find a few recipes I really like but I'm not in any rush.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Don't get me wrong, I like it but asides from wanting to expand my experience with different vaping gear, I'm on the hunt for MORE flavor. I don't know if I'll ever find it, but the hunt is on! I may play around with different PG/VG mixes once I find a few recipes I really like but I'm not in any rush.

On my SVD, flavor, the best tank I've used and got the best flavor from is my Russian 91%. How the vape chamber and chimney are setup the vapor is compacted from the chamber up the chimney then compacted again at the mouthpiece, which enhances the flavor. If you can build a good coil in you Igo you can get a good coil going really quickly in the Kayfuns and Russian style tanks, an you get what you pay for with them.

@Newyorkifornian - Though disassembly and re-assembly are a little more involved, rebuild and re-wick of a coil on them is not that difficult. Once you get a good coil built, the biggest issue is juice flow control and air flow on the full blown Kayfun 3.1 and full blown Russian, getting the adjustments just right is trial and error. The Russian 91% just has air flow control over the normal Kayfun Lite, the Kayfun Lite Plus addresses that downfall if you are looking. And remember, that both tank systems have dedicated fill ports at their bottom deck plates, they are there for a reason, filling from top then fully sealing one you have to get the threads started for the top cap then tilt upside down and finish screwing together or you'll flood the coil chamber, personally I don't mind removing my Russian 91%, remove a screw, fill, replace screw, and put back on my SVD.

@OP - Not much anyone can tell you about a new system other than I can say, look at what you are wanting to do with you atty attachment, then look at tank capacity, convenience, and portability for that particular role. Just running to a store and back I'll grab my iTaste VV V3 with a Mini Vivi Nova, iClear16, or Protank Mini, out for a few hours with friends I take my SVD with my Russian, and my MVP with either my Hypertank or Cartotank on it, at work I run and gun with my MVP with a cartotank or 2 T3S tanks and my iTaste VV in my pack as a backup, out at a vape shop I got most my whole rig (rebuild kit, SVD, MVP, iTaste VV, couple mech units, and a slew of attachments I will be rebuilding during the setting), at home I'm running on my mechs with various dripping attys, as you see given different situations I adjust my PV configuration to compensate to last me the day or 2 days really.

Newyorkifornian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
New York
Thanks for that info - I really appreciate it! I'll pull the trigger and give it a try - this will be my first RBA (they look intimidating at first) - I ordered some cartos too so I figure if I'm feeling too irritated to bother with fiddling around I can throw one of those on & when I want to experiment I can dig into this one :)

One more newb question if I could - How do you tell when it needs to be filled? (Obviously when not using the clear tank lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread