HELP!! Igo-w problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear you don't know frustration until you vape :mad:
So first I wrapped the igo .. Just a regular 3 wrap with ribbon wire and silica... And I noticed that the button on my mod wasn't working, so I spent a good 15 minutes fixing that.. After getting that situated I couldn't for the life of me get the coils to fire evenly, one would fire, then both, then just one spot on a single coil would burn ridiculously hot..(.hot enough to brake the wire type of hot :evil:) I ended up warping the stupid thing at least 6-7 times!!! Then by some type of miracle I finally did.. So I put it on my ohm reader and it says 1 ohm! I'm thinking that a can't be right so I put a different atty on there and it reads at .4.. So once again, I re-wrapped it a few times, and I just can get the thing to work:confused::confused::confused:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Pictures would be very helpful in ironing this out, from the sounds of it the build is a bit of a mess.

I'm a little confused about what resistance reading you actually got. You say 1 ohm reading on the resistance checker, then you put another atty on there and it read .4? Do you mean you checked the resistance on a different resistance checker, and the reading was different? The way it reads it sounds like you are checking the resistance of two different attys which is why I'm confused.

Wandering resistance is either a sign of a loose connection (resistance will go up) or a short somewhere (resistance will go down) The IgoW posts are jerks compared to most other RBAs I've build, not sure why, but it seems like it's more difficult to get the wires clamped down securely without breaking them compared to other rebuildables.

Wiggle your coils around a bit, do they stay in place or can you see the wire moving around inside the post? If it's not screwed down securely you won't get a good connection and your resistance will wander.

Make sure the coils aren't touching the deck, or touching the posts, or anything like that, which would cause a short.

Pictures would be very helpful though if possible!

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
I swear you don't know frustration until you vape :mad: ...
:confused::confused::confused:

I'm sure you'll get it... eventually. (you've great folks here to help & advise you, and), It's not rocket science... Just wanted to comment... I (won't) swear, but I do promise you, with absolute certainty... that YOU don't know frustration if your only frustrations are born of vaping. Hope this is the worst pain you'll experience. :)

MoralFibre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
New Zealand
At that ohm reading, you've got shorting problems. Keep tweaking the wire! :)

Give the wire a roasting! - propane it up! :)
Oxidising and annealing the wire too will help with two things...
1. Oxidised wire will be far more resistant to shorting (the oxidation really helps there)
2. The annealing makes the wire more bendable and keeps its final shape better too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread