My first Mech Mod & RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewistein

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS
Couldn't be more stoked on my new smok Magneto & IGO-W RBA.
I've been leery about Mech mods because I love a flashing light to tell me when battery is low on my Provari. But I really wanted to get into RBA. I was also worried about how well I could pull off doing my own coiling.
The amazing folks at Indy E Cigs in Indianapolis gave me about 45 min of their day to teach me everything I needed to know.
I have never vaped like this before. More vapor, more thoat hit and the most flavor I've ever gotten out of juice. vaping on Five Pawns Gambit at 6mg and getting LOADS of T.H.
Look at this cloud!!! Like a santa beard of vapor!
Photo on 12-2-13 at 11.22 AM.jpg
Probably won't use the Protank NEARLY as much except for long days away from my desk.
Definitely looking now to get a tank RBA. Maybe a genesis. Dangerous new fascination that will definitely impact my wallet.

I ordered some 18350 batteries so I can telescope this bad-boy down to be more covert and compact.
Love the locking mechanism and magnet bottom button.

Radio

Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
Germany
Don't worry too much about the battery thing. Keep an eye on it but after a couple of days you will start to notice when it's slow to respond. That's been my indicator for awhile now. Every time I've noticed it and swapped out batteries I've been sitting at 3.6 or 3.5 volts. I couldn't imagine how poorly it would fire below 3.

Love the setup though. My vamo got shelved pretty much after I got the magneto and igo.

lewistein

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS
Don't worry too much about the battery thing. Keep an eye on it but after a couple of days you will start to notice when it's slow to respond. That's been my indicator for awhile now. Every time I've noticed it and swapped out batteries I've been sitting at 3.6 or 3.5 volts. I couldn't imagine how poorly it would fire below 3.

Love the setup though. My vamo got shelved pretty much after I got the magneto and igo.

What battery are you using to last a couple of days? I have AW 18650's in it now and it feels like vape weakens after about half a day. I vape heavy and long pulls. And batteries are a bit old, so that factors in too.

lewistein

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS
If you plan on running 350s all day long better get a bunch lol. I run .9 ohm and don't get much battery life at all. Did you get the v1 or v2?

Btw, try out cotton, much better in taste imo.

Right on. Going to play with the cotton. Do you use cotton balls, or cotton wick?
I'm not sure if it's V1 or V2. It doesn't have the holes going through the pins which I noticed on some videos when learning how to dual-coil.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Follow-up. just did my first dual coil build. Was super nervous because my Provari can't measure the Ohms. Need to get a ohm checker. Any recommends?
It's a little sloppy and not as tight as I'd like, but working solid and MAN OH MAN that is a VAPE! The vape I've been chasing!
View attachment 279057

You should never fire a build without knowing the resistance first, especially on a mechanical mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread