....A menthol option for ALL Halo tobacco flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
....I have been searching for the "perfect menthol tobacco nirvana" and I may be on to something. I have tried various Halo tobacco flavors and I mix with Sub-Zero. This works excellent, but why not try something different? By itself, in my opinion, I don't taste tobacco in Sub-Zero. It has very bold mint/menthol flavors but it is also sweet. I have mixed this 50/50 with Tribeca and Torque with great results. But doing this must take away half of the tobacco taste, right?

I found a product from NicQuid called "Added Burst" menthol that is just menthol and is not meant to be vaped by itself- only to "mentholate" E-liquids. I picked up a 10ml bottle. I did some research on the product and people were putting very small amounts into their favorite liquids. I figured that I must try this method out!

I picked up the Halo tobacco sampler just to try different flavors. (18mg/ml) -I picked one I have not tried, Prime 15. I mixed up 2ml of Prime with just 4 drops of the menthol NicQuid. The results are AWESOME..... The menthol intensity is about as strong as mixing 50/50 with Sub-Zero without the sweetness and without taking away half the tobacco taste. Can't wait to try them all!

I only wish that Halo offered a menthol option for their tobacco flavors. Until then, I will do this. Gotta love my HALO! :vapor:

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
....I have been searching for the "perfect menthol tobacco nirvana" and I may be on to something. I have tried various Halo tobacco flavors and I mix with Sub-Zero. This works excellent, but why not try something different? By itself, in my opinion, I don't taste tobacco in Sub-Zero. It has very bold mint/menthol flavors but it is also sweet. I have mixed this 50/50 with Tribeca and Torque with great results. But doing this must take away half of the tobacco taste, right?

I found a product from NicQuid called "Added Burst" menthol that is just menthol and is not meant to be vaped by itself- only to "mentholate" E-liquids. I picked up a 10ml bottle. I did some research on the product and people were putting very small amounts into their favorite liquids. I figured that I must try this method out!

I picked up the Halo tobacco sampler just to try different flavors. (18mg/ml) -I picked one I have not tried, Prime 15. I mixed up 2ml of Prime with just 4 drops of the menthol NicQuid. The results are AWESOME..... The menthol intensity is about as strong as mixing 50/50 with Sub-Zero without the sweetness and without taking away half the tobacco taste. Can't wait to try them all!

I only wish that Halo offered a menthol option for their tobacco flavors. Until then, I will do this. Gotta love my HALO! :vapor:

OMG JohnnyDill! I was a menthol smoker too, and just gave up trying to find a good tobacco/menthol ejuice. This sounds AWESOME! I will definitely try it. Wow, my Christmas list is definitely getting longer, and longer. Hope, hubby...I mean 'Santa', can handle it!!! lololol:)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
BLASPHEMY! Ruining the fantastic taste of Prime w/menthol! Shame on you...ok, joking. Glad u found a mix you like. Prime to me is awesome alone or mixed w/just about anything I want for a smooth, nutty tobacco taste.

The only menthol type I can vape is Malibu. Not a menthol fan at all.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I tried the Longhorn with menthol drops.... Has got to be the most GOD AWFUL thing I have ever vaped. It tastes like pine trees infused with cheap perfume & topped off with a Sharpie marker. LOL. I even tried Longhorn without the menthol. Believe me, it's the Longhorn. YUK. I will leave this one with the cap off in my drawer and revisit it in a week. On to the next flavor! Hmmm. I will try Turkish tomorrow. It is after midnight so I am already in LaLa land {Voodoo zone} ;)

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
that's a good idea! i think i may do that! i may mix my Voodoo with all sorts of things to make it better!

yay! the interweb taught me how!

You meant you have to mix Kringles and Belgian w/menthol to make it better didn't you? I mean, you already have to mix them together, why not add another flavor? ;)

VOODOO stands alone!

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I will be trying my menthol drops on the Voodoo eventually. My latest sample I tried was Turkish and it is bold and fantastic! Just 2 drops per milliliter of juice. It totally reminds me of Camel menthols. I could easily vape this all day. The Prime tasted lighter and slightly nutty- real smooth. The Longhorn fail is still steeping. On to the next one. I will try Torque 56. This is gonna be hardcore! ;)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I was a Menthol smoker, too, and after about 6 mos. of vaping, I finally gave up trying to find the 'perfect' menthol juice....

A lot of the DIY vendors sell the menthol drops and/or crystals, so I even got some of the crystals and made my own liquid to add to Tobacco and other flavors!! :p

But adding it to Halo juices is just plain wrong in so many ways... :shock: especially when they do have a lot of frosty flavors to choose from!! ;)

And btw... I finally gave up on the Menthol Quest, and just enjoy a nice Chocolate Mint now... after all, isn't the reason we started vaping in the 1st place was to get away from the Tobacco we were using?? :)

(but after 3 yrs., I am still on a quest to find the perfect Vanilla... LOL!!)

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Torque should be nice with menthol, since I find Torque to be closest to an analog. I'll bet you hit this one like a dog with ice cream!

And menthol in VooDoo is illegal in most places. the flavors are not complimentary on any level, like creme de mint on filet mignon.

Last edited:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I was a Menthol smoker, too, and after about 6 mos. of vaping, I finally gave up trying to find the 'perfect' menthol juice....

A lot of the DIY vendors sell the menthol drops and/or crystals, so I even got some of the crystals and made my own liquid to add to Tobacco and other flavors!! :p

But adding it to Halo juices is just plain wrong in so many ways... :shock: especially when they do have a lot of frosty flavors to choose from!! ;)

And btw... I finally gave up on the Menthol Quest, and just enjoy a nice Chocolate Mint now... after all, isn't the reason we started vaping in the 1st place was to get away from the Tobacco we were using?? :)

(but after 3 yrs., I am still on a quest to find the perfect Vanilla... LOL!!)

The reason I am experimenting with menthol drops is that I find the Halo menthols to be too sweet for me. (and I don't taste any tobacco flavors in their menthol flavors- only menthol or mint) -I desire a strong menthol tobacco taste. My old All-Day-Vape was Torque and Sub-Zero mixed 50/50. I like it a lot but I wanted it more like my analogs were.

So I found out about the pure menthol, and I only have to add a few drops to an entire clearomizer. I get double the tobacco flavor this way without the sweetness. I am trying the Torque with the drops added for the first time right now and..... WOW. SO MUCH tobacco flavor compared to before. It tastes bolder than any analog that I remember. DAMN I love Halo juices!!! {except for Longhorn}
:vapor::vapor::vapor:

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
I tried the pure menthol in the Tribeca and the result is great. It is slightly sweet with the caramel and vanilla notes coming through. It is SOOOOOO smooth, with less overall tobacco flavor than Turkish or especially Torque. I will not try this menthol thing with Midnight Apple as that just does not sound good.

My conclusion is that this NicQuid menthol additive works best with the Halo tobacco flavors that have the least "non-tobacco" flavors in them. Meaning, In my opinion, it worked best with Torque and Turkish. They are all good so I will vape them all {except for that Longhorn right now} and my next 30ml bottle will be Torque 56. It is just an astoundingly bold tobacco vape- now with no-nonsense menthol thanks to my tinkering. Someone else could do the same thing I did and get different results than I did, but taste is very subjective.

Thank you Halo for giving us so many tasty tobacco options!!! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread