Just Smoked a .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefulpoet

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Champaign, IL
As the titled states, I just took a few drags off of an analog ..... I've been smoke free for over two months now and haven't craved a "square" the whole time except for the past week. The cravings have revealed themselves with certainty. I'm not craving like I did as a smoker without my fix. It's more of a want. Accordingly, I picked up a .... from the garage (which I should'a already purged months ago), lit it up, and took a couple pulls. Unfortunately, it wasn't really bad...at first. Around 10 mins. later I started to feel light-headed, like when I first started, and now my stomachs is feeling the turns. Damn. This is enough for me to avoid sparkin' the "old friend" any time soon. I've read from others that this is the time when folks start Jones'in, so I don't feel guilty (not too much at least). My head just hurts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
Earlier today I went out for awhile and didn't bring my vape. I was walking around and heard a kid begging another one for a cig "if you give me one now, I'll get you back tomorrow" made me strangely nostalgic to the recent past when I was "that guy" bumming cigs. When I was walking home I smelled some people smoking, and I almost stopped at the store to get a pack. When I got home I almost sparked up a really old black-n-mild third I had outside (gross!), but I came inside and took some vape lung hits and was kicking myself for even considering it. Took care of those cravings. The liquid I have now isn't very good, I just have chinese flavors and ran out of my favorite one and the rest are pretty gnarly(in a bad way), I think when my protank and US liquids come I won't have as much temptation.
Stay strong! May the force be with you!

hopefulpoet

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Champaign, IL
Thanks, everybody, for the positive vibes. I know now to get rid of the temptations ASAP. I'm thinking about increasing my nic. to 24 for the time being just to make sure, but at the same time I know how psychologically dependent I still am. Nicotine isn't gonna help that part. It's amazing what we'll do to get our fix. I remember telling non-smokers that, at times, I would put my cig. out early, so if I ran out I would have something later. They always cringed, but they were clueless about the urges. This sucks, man.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
it gets better...one day at a time, ok?

its ok to light up, but after vaping a bit..you maybe wont want to or crave it as often. I get cravings, but then I just take some massive honks off my gear and im all set a few mins later - it takes a few minutes for the nic to get into the bloodstream

smoking is a habitual thing too, the ritual of lighting up or smoking while im driving...i dont miss it, cuz I can vape and drive.

and I see folks throwing butts out the window...I just want to pull up next to em, chain vape out some major fumes of vapor and watch em go :O wth is *that*.

Its me vaping..duh!

I used 24mg stuff at first and quickly found some vendors on here to get some 18mg nic juices and then ordered 12mg stuff, which is what I use now. This was all in the space of a few weeks, so I have all this stuff on hand and if I want a stronger tank, I spike it a little to get rid of that first go-round's worth of stuff.

it gets easier..got to give it time.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
As the titled states, I just took a few drags off of an analog ..... I've been smoke free for over two months now and haven't craved a "square" the whole time except for the past week. The cravings have revealed themselves with certainty. I'm not craving like I did as a smoker without my fix. It's more of a want. Accordingly, I picked up a .... from the garage (which I should'a already purged months ago), lit it up, and took a couple pulls. Unfortunately, it wasn't really bad...at first. Around 10 mins. later I started to feel light-headed, like when I first started, and now my stomachs is feeling the turns. Damn. This is enough for me to avoid sparkin' the "old friend" any time soon. I've read from others that this is the time when folks start Jones'in, so I don't feel guilty (not too much at least). My head just hurts...

Oh no!!! Now why did you go and................ Seriously though, don't beat yourself up. Sometimes the reminder of how disgusting they really are is all we need. Good luck and keep on vaping my friend....... :toast:

hopefulpoet

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Champaign, IL
Nothing more to say or add. It's a way of life. Don't worry about it and be glad it's the only one.

Exactly. That's the reminder we all need at times. At this point I've avoided 1,955 of 'em to be exact :p I like the "way of life" perspective, too. As with any addiction, we must always stay mindful of our weaknesses and push forward recognizing that it's always with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread