Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know where I am coming from. I got into ecigs for the reasons many other probably do...to replace analogs. I don't see myself, nor is it my goal, to ever get into being an avid, recreational vaper, like using the larger mods and stuff. I like the thought of replacing an analog with a cigalike, but the larger mods, to me, are too hardcore and more than I wish to get into. To me, cigalikes are like drinking beer from a bottle or glass whereas a large vaping mod is more like using a beer ..... Know what I mean? Not really my thing.

My first attempt was a couple years ago. Bought a smoke 51 from a local tobacco retailer. They suck. Didn't produce a decent amount of vapor and could never get into it. SO that lasted off and on for about a couple weeks then back to strictly analogs for another year and a half or so.

Found this forum and did a little more research, (but not too much). Decided to try it again, but this time with a smokless image Volt with auto batt. Definitely produced an acceptable amount of vapor. But the problem is, the Volt and other cigalikes are just too long and too heavy to satisfy part of my psychological addiction. Gave it another couple of weeks of both Volt and analogs, and gave up. I am about to give it another shot.

My ultimate goal with ecigs is not to replace the analog and vape an ecig forever. My goals is to replace the analog with an ecig and then eventually ween myself down to a 0 nicotine juice. At that point, I will then start to work on the psychological aspect of the smoking addiction and hopefully lose the ecig altogether. However, if I can never drop that psychological addiction and continue to smoke the ecig without nicotine, I guess that would be fine, assuming ecigs really turn out to be not that bad for your health (time and testing will tell).

But as I said, it's really tough for me. I hope to keep active here and learn more about ecigs and maybe eventually I will find a model that will satisfy my vapor production and size/weight requirements which will allow me to replace analogs completely. However, I dropped some good change on my SI Volts and so I would like to give them another fair shot before I spend money on something else.

Anyway, that's where I stand now and I'm glad to be here. :vapor:

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello and welcome.

How much of a smoker are you? For something that is similar to a cig-a-like(which up to now have not been successful in getting many people off analogs) look for an Itaste vv 3. It is small, but can deliver a good hit. The cig-a-likes just aren't powerful enough to get the job done. But the Itaste is a recent addition, and offers a vv that allows you to adjust the the voltage for a bigger hit. Look at discountvapers, or just google it.

Hope this helps a bit. And you will need to find a ejuice that makes you happy and curbs the nic craving.

good luck

:)

edit. Also, for research that has been done on ecigs, click the CASAA link in my signature.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2013
    United States
    Hello and Welcome cxm322. Keep up the good fight and you won't be sorry. I set my mind to it once I invested my money into it. When I first started vaping I had already purchased a carton of my cigarettes so I smoked those as I started vaping. It took me 3 weeks to get through that carton where it had normally taken 5 days. I couldn't believe it. Once those were gone I kept a pack on me for security reasons. It took another 3 months before I could be without that security pack of cigarettes and totally depend on vaping alone. I never smoked after that carton and gave the security pack away. It is doable so please don't get discouraged. You may have to smoke while you vape to wean off. You won't lose points cuz' no one's taking score. Do what feels right for you and your success will increase. Don't set up too stringent a time-line. Let your body tell you when and it'll go alot smoother. I wish you the very best. Please keep us posted on your achievement and ask questions if you need to. We will be here for you! Good luck and Happy Vaping :vapor:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks for your responses and confidence building.

I guess I forgot to mention something important. I smoke about 2-2.5 packs a day.

@sugar, I will check out the Itaste VV3 but like I said, I will have to give the SI Volts another chance since I spent money on them. I don't feel I really gave them a chance. They do produce a good vapor, I can't complain too much about that aspect of them.

The thing that really sucks is that there are only 2 small time ecig dealers in my area and they sell stuff that I really don't want like 4081 models (which I believe the smoke 51 is a 4081). Hard to buy something when you are as picky as I am but have to buy online where you can't touch it before you buy it.

The only other stuff in my area is the junk that the convenience stores and tobacco outlets sell. Usually just junk and as far as size and weight, they are no different than any other cigalike out there. 100+mm and too heavy. Like greensmoke, blue, etc.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thanks for your responses and confidence building.

I guess I forgot to mention something important. I smoke about 2-2.5 packs a day.

@sugar, I will check out the Itaste VV3 but like I said, I will have to give the SI Volts another chance since I spent money on them. I don't feel I really gave them a chance. They do produce a good vapor, I can't complain too much about that aspect of them.

The thing that really sucks is that there are only 2 small time ecig dealers in my area and they sell stuff that I really don't want like 4081 models (which I believe the smoke 51 is a 4081). Hard to buy something when you are as picky as I am but have to buy online where you can't touch it before you buy it.

The only other stuff in my area is the junk that the convenience stores and tobacco outlets sell. Usually just junk and as far as size and weight, they are no different than any other cigalike out there. 100+mm and too heavy. Like greensmoke, blue, etc.

Fair enough. Let me just say, when you are ready, you can get a Itaste vv 3 kit, that comes with Iclear 16 cartomizers(5) for around $50.00. Everything you need except the ejuice. I am glad you cut back, but having been a heavy smoker myself, I know those you mentioned will not be enough to get you totally off the stinkies. Until then, relax and read. There is so much info here at ecf and if you click the CASAA link in my signature, you can find the latest research that has been done on ecigs.(Dont worry, it is free lol)

:)

edit you can also look at vaporsearchusa.com and click on your state. There may be more stores than you know.

http://vaporsearchusa.com/

Last edited:

higskies

Feb 24, 2012
    Harrisburg,PA
    Welcome to the forum. We have similar long term goals. I've already reduced my nic. I wasn't able to quit with the cigalike style vaporizers. I bought a joyetech ego twist in June of this year and was able to finally whittle down my cigarette intake.

I started by reducing to 10 cigarettes a day for a week, complemented by my vaporizer. The next week I dropped to 9 cigs, and then the next week 8, and so on...

It took 10 weeks to do it, but when I got below 5 cigs a day, it got pretty easy, and by the last two weeks, I was skipping smoking every few days.

Smokeless Image does offer a "spinner" style battery ($22) that is similar to an ego twist. You can turn the voltage up to increase the amount of vapor you are getting and better satisfy your cravings. That would mean you could continue to use your originally purchased kit and have a better vape. I, personally, moved on to bigger mods and vapor bongs. I had used Vapor4Life products before, but, like Smokeless Image, you are kinda trapped into buying their products almost exclusively.

If you set a budget for what you will spend, make it less than what you spent on smoking, and chances are, you will be surprised by what you are able to get. I will most likely not spend any of my budget in December, since I now have more than I need, on a modest $25 a week budget, which is less than my previous $40 a week American Spirit expense. In the last 20-ish weeks, I have acquired two large variable voltage/wattage mods, two mech mods, many, many atomizers, a lot of juice(making my own, too) and have learned a lot! One of my employees has taken a much simpler approach with a twist-style battery, and has been able to stay off the smokes, as well. It all comes down to sticking to what works for YOU! Good luck and don't hesitate to reach out if you need help.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I had used Vapor4Life products before, but, like Smokeless Image, you are kinda trapped into buying their products almost exclusively.

I'm new to this stuff so forgive me for asking, but what makes SI and V4L products incompatible with others? Do they use proprietary threading on their batteries and cartos or something?

BTW, i can say one thing about my Volt. Just got it out and juiced it up with some Mint 1.8 SI juice and the thing really "smokes". I can blow MUCH thicker rings with the vapor from this thing than I can from my full flavored analogs.

oh, another thing I forgot to mention. I noticed that when I vape, I vape more than I smoke. I think it has to do with the novelty of it all and getting to know the device or something. Sad part is, I take a break from the ecig by lighting up an analog. LOL. Sad, but true.

Lastly about spending money on vaping. I really would like to spend less than analogs eventually, but that's not something I am focusing on right now. For now, I just want to get off the analogs even if the ecig ends up costing me more for a little while. Right now, with analogs, at 2-2.5 packs a day, that costs me about $320 to $400 per month. OUCH! Around here, that's rent for a decent small apartment...lol! And that's more than I spend on food most months (don't eat out much).

So, at that spending level for analogs, I am used to the expense (even though I can barely afford). The real focus is getting rid of the analogs, not so much the expenditure right now.

Last edited:

cjaz1776

Dec 4, 2013
    Arizona
    Just keep going. It was back and forth for me for a few months. We went from almost three packs a day between me and my husband to a couple packs a week. Then to a pack a week each. Then less and less. We then decided just not to buy cigs no pressure not to smoke we can only bum a cig off a friend. I just went a month without smoking a real cig but broke down last week and bought a pack. It will come...every one less cig you have is good enough. Dont pressure yourself or quit because you feel like you are failing. My last pack of cigs did not even do anything for me. I am to into vaping flavors now.

When i started i too did not want a huge vaping device. I really dont want to smoke out of something that reminds me of a personal pleasure device. I started with a blu. It was okay for the occasional non smoke but not good enough for a replacement. Then a fancy ego....i was in love. I am now using a smok spinner and that is as big as i will go. I am interested in the new joytect cig look alike but the price point is high enough i am not willing to try it yet. Switching batteries suck though....and i am spoiled with my aweome vape now :p

But stick with it. You will get sucked in to the awesomeness that is vaping. And give a slightly bigger unit a try. You dont have to get a dorky lanyard or anything lol. It is pretty main stream now in my little town. I now get to vape inside at home and work. Oh and bars!!! Winter is here and that is enough motivation right now.

devauto

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    NoVA
    Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know where I am coming from. I got into ecigs for the reasons many other probably do...to replace analogs. I don't see myself, nor is it my goal, to ever get into being an avid, recreational vaper, like using the larger mods and stuff. I like the thought of replacing an analog with a cigalike, but the larger mods, to me, are too hardcore and more than I wish to get into. To me, cigalikes are like drinking beer from a bottle or glass whereas a large vaping mod is more like using a beer ..... Know what I mean? Not really my thing.

But as I said, it's really tough for me. I hope to keep active here and learn more about ecigs and maybe eventually I will find a model that will satisfy my vapor production and size/weight requirements which will allow me to replace analogs completely. However, I dropped some good change on my SI Volts and so I would like to give them another fair shot before I spend money on something else.

Anyway, that's where I stand now and I'm glad to be here. :vapor:

Hi, and welcome (back?) to ECF.

As for a small cig-a-like that is not too heavy, but vapes well, there are a couple of products that get rave reviews, BUT, there are trade offs with them. The 2 biggest that I keep seeing are the G2s and the eRoll. I, personally, am considering the eRoll for use while riding my motorcycle. They are SUPPOSED to be exceptional and VERY light weight, like a traditional cigarette. The trade offs are miserable battery life, and very small juice tank. For me, I think I can live with these trade offs, but not everyone can. As always though ... YMMV!

Oh, and FYI ... use of words like b.o.n.g. might draw a moderators attention and get the thread deleted. These types of words/phrases are associated with topics that ECF does NOT want to be associated with. I have seen entire threads get aggressively removed because of one word ...

HTH!

Kathibg57

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 25, 2013
    Norton, MA, USA
    Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know where I am coming from.:vapor:
    Hi,
    I'm new here too and am vaping on an Innokin iTaste vv 3.0. I find I use the 3.9 setting first thing in the morning and when I haven't been able to gape in a while but turn it down to 3.7 when I find I am vaping non stop. I was a 1 1/2-2 pack/day smoker of Camel Crush Menthol (and I always did the 'crush' for increased menthol hit). I am using jVapes Minthol 24 mg nicotine and LOVING it! Great vapor, great throat hit, great taste...super satisfactory! I find that on a heavy vape day I may refill (only 2/3 way or it overfills) my tank 2 and sometimes 3 times a day! My hopes are to be able to begin to reduce the nicotine levels soon (when I am either down toward the end of my new 120 ml bottle of juice or by adding some pharmacy acquired glycerin to dilute it some). One of my concerns is that I tried a 100% vg menthol and felt it was too thick and the draw was harder...the jVapes is a 50/50 VG/PG juice...does anyone know if diluting might cause it to become a harder draw? Or...is there a setting other than the voltage I need to change? The store I bought it from set the other setting (watts?) at 8.0 and I haven't changed it cuz I don't know what it changes...Sooo...does anyone know anything that can help any of my areas of confusion?:2cool::oops:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Oh, and FYI ... use of words like b.o.n.g. might draw a moderators attention and get the thread deleted. These types of words/phrases are associated with topics that ECF does NOT want to be associated with. I have seen entire threads get aggressively removed because of one word ...

I thought of that when I was writing it, but I decided to use it anyhow becasue I used the word "beer" with it and not the "other" thing. lol.

BTW, I have been looking into the eRoll myself, but I have invested too much money in the Smoeless Image volt so right now I will have to give that a shot before i sped more money on just another cigalike. The one thing that draws me to the eRoll is the small PCC. SI does not offer a small PCC like this. IMHO, with a small PCC like the one the eRoll has, it would be less of a hassle to carry around and less of a problem that the batts don't last as long. But like I said, I have to give the Volt some more time before I give up on it.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My hopes are to be able to begin to reduce the nicotine levels soon (when I am either down toward the end of my new 120 ml bottle of juice or by adding some pharmacy acquired glycerin to dilute it some). One of my concerns is that I tried a 100% vg menthol and felt it was too thick and the draw was harder...the jVapes is a 50/50 VG/PG juice...does anyone know if diluting might cause it to become a harder draw? Or...is there a setting other than the voltage I need to change? The store I bought it from set the other setting (watts?) at 8.0 and I haven't changed it cuz I don't know what it changes...Sooo...does anyone know anything that can help any of my areas of confusion?

Your best bet is to ask your question on your own thread dedicated to your specific question. What you are doing when you post unrelated questions to other peopl's threads is "thread hijacking". WHne you engage in thread hijacking...

1. You decrease your chances of an answer becasue the right people are not reading your question.
    2. You decrease your chances of an answer because others do not like thread hijacking because so they may just ignore you...
    3. Thread hijacking is bad forum ettiquette and looked upon as rude...because...
    4. Thread hijacking makes for an unproductive and badly organized forum which can make it hard to search for info as well as hard to address the issues of the OP. This thread doesn't matter so much because it's just a dumb "intro" thread, but it kinda still does matter, at least for you it does.

I mean no offense here, just helping you out. ;)

higskies

Feb 24, 2012
    Harrisburg,PA
    BTW, i can say one thing about my Volt. Just got it out and juiced it up with some Mint 1.8 SI juice and the thing really "smokes". I can blow MUCH thicker rings with the vapor from this thing than I can from my full flavored analogs.

Sounds like what you have works for you! That's what matter the most. Ween yourself off the analogs. You'll thank yourself for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread