Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Has anyone here tried the Prestige Auto Pipe? I dabbled in corn cobs in my early 20's, but given the types of jobs I had and the nature of my free time, I never became much of a pipe smoker. That said, I do enjoy the look of a well-made pipe and i prefer my Kuwako bowl over anything. I'm thinking of splurging on a Prestige, but I don't want to spend that kind of cash if it has the same issues I've read about the DSE601-C.

I'm familiar with the issues with automatics, so we don't need to go down that road. In over a year of vaping, I vastly prefer autos over manuals. So with that out of the way, does anyone around here have any experience with the Prestige?

Nofretz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2013
DFW
theculver.yolasite.com
Mine lasted about 2 months. The carto that came with the setup leaked into the shank and shorted the pipe. Up until then it worked OK, not great. The + connection had to be tightened occasionally to get it to work. Also, having to unscrew the cap to replace batteries was a pain. I think that if I had used a vivi or similar tank with a good L.R. coil it might have lasted longer and worked better.

gwbruce

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2012
Oklahoma, USA
Johnny, I don't know much about the Prestige. Like you I started with a Kuwako just to see if I like vaping and using a pipe. Always wanted to smoke a pipe like my dad did, but didn't want all of the hassle. I have since moved into mechanicals and sub ohm vaping, but I make my own pipes and use them often. You just can't beat relaxing on the patio with the dog and a good pipe in your hands. Anyway, I was wondering what auto battery you are using with your Kuwako and where you got it. Thanks.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Mine lasted about 2 months. The carto that came with the setup leaked into the shank and shorted the pipe. Up until then it worked OK, not great. The + connection had to be tightened occasionally to get it to work. Also, having to unscrew the cap to replace batteries was a pain. I think that if I had used a vivi or similar tank with a good L.R. coil it might have lasted longer and worked better.

Not for me then. I mainly drip, though occasionally I use a Killer 705 clone. Thanks for that.

Johnny, I don't know much about the Prestige. Like you I started with a Kuwako just to see if I like vaping and using a pipe. Always wanted to smoke a pipe like my dad did, but didn't want all of the hassle. I have since moved into mechanicals and sub ohm vaping, but I make my own pipes and use them often. You just can't beat relaxing on the patio with the dog and a good pipe in your hands. Anyway, I was wondering what auto battery you are using with your Kuwako and where you got it. Thanks.
The one I use with my Kuwako is called the iSmoka. I got mine from Vape Dojo, so I'm not sure where else to get it. It looks great with a tanked RDA. :)

My favorite device is the Echo, but it's an 808 connection. I use mine with an adapter and eGo-C to drip with.

Doughboy67

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
Durham, NC, USA
I was looking to get a pipe and read somewhere that the Prestige 601 series had all sorts of problems with the carto being in the shank of the pipe. It would get to hot and leak or crack the pipe. They have fixed this with the 618 I believe where the carto is outside the pipe body. I believe this would also allow you to use whatever tanks you like. Shop around but here is a link to a 618:

e-Pipe DSE618 Electronic Tank Pipe: Voted Best ePipe | AquaVapor Cig

Doughboy67

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2013
Durham, NC, USA
How does that one hold up versus the King, Doughboy?

I haven't gotten the 618 yet but I thought it looked promising. I just bought the King and love it. I especially like the small easy to press button switch on it. Currently the only pipes I have of this type are the Sherlock and the King. When I get a 618 I'll post again. There hard to find and they are out of stock on the link I provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread