What's that doodad called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
It screws into your mod and then you put your topper on it and it displays the amps that are being drawn. I believe that's how it works. It's not a multimeter, I already use one to check for shorts, etc. It would be nice to have a real time amp meter ( if there is such a thing). Finally if there is such a device, where would I find it?

CASAA member 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

riseabovethestorm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Grayling, MI, USA
www.kalkaskamma.com
Actually... volts is the display. It's an inline volt meter. The one linked to is just one of several brands and types. Very popular, so when you find one in stock for under $20... might want to buy it.

Yeah, that was just one I found and it seemed like the price was right.

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
Ah so it doesn't measure the amps? I check my batteries religiously with my multimeter throughout vaping especially while sub ohm. I just thought it would be cool to bypass the taking the battery out to check. Thanks for the quick responses!!

CASAA member 2013

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Ah so it doesn't measure the amps? I check my batteries religiously with my multimeter throughout vaping especially while sub ohm. I just thought it would be cool to bypass the taking the battery out to check. Thanks for the quick responses!!
We don't normally measure amp load... but you can easily calculate it because we have known resistances and voltage to work with. The formula is I = V / R (current (amps) = voltage divided by resistance)... so, If voltage is 4.2 and resistance is 0.8... then current (amps) is 5.25.
Here are a number of links you may find useful, including an ohms law calculator.

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
We don't normally measure amp load... but you can easily calculate it because we have known resistances and voltage to work with. The formula is I = V / R (current (amps) = voltage divided by resistance)... so, If voltage is 4.2 and resistance is 0.8... then current (amps) is 5.25.
Here are a number of links you may find useful, including an ohms law calculator.

Thanks for the info! I use an ohms law calculator on my phone, but I appreciate the explanation!

CASAA member 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread