Was here 2 years ago, lasted about 6 months on minis... fell off, but I'm back - with Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke7in11

Nov 13, 2011
California
Wow - how things can change in two years, eh?

Here's my original Hello Post.

Around June of 2012, I fell off of the wagon, and back onto analogs. In the meantime, I tried to keep up, but so many things have happened in the industry that I'm pretty much a newbie once again.

Well, about 3 weeks ago, I picked up an eVic (And I LOVE it, BTW. Dropped it once - hard - and no issues, yet). Right now I have a Sigelei Protank clone, 2 Kanger PT IIs, and a carto tank by Innovape mods. Also, I have 10 bottles of juice that I'm slowly but steadily making my way through.

I've also dusted off my minis (and they work) in case I need a backup. This makes me anxious, though, as I really don't want to go back to the minis, and I am honestly afraid of going back to analogs. I don't want that.

Also - in the meantime, one of my friends (who I remember showing off my mini to when I started) started vaping with vigor, and is now a juice supplier. So, when I got back on e-Cigs, he was a lot more knowledgeable than I, and I asked him for some advice, and he sent me some of his juice. Although he advised more towards a zMax, I ended up getting the eVic instead.

And now - my questions!

1) Anyone want to suggest a tank for me to add? Something not necessarily rebuild-able, but maybe as involved as the PTIIs I have. I have made my mind up to try and rebuild these coils as I use them up, but I am also trying to be as frugal as possible and keep them in good working order for as long as I can by cleaning them regularly, and rotating them in use.

2) Who's got the good juice right now? I am vaping Jet Fuel, Freemason's Elixirs, and the rest is labeled by my local B&Ms. As I go through them and find the flavors I like, I hope to have a regular rotation of about 8-9 flavors, with 3-4 spots for new and exciting things I come across.

3) Suggestions for a back-up/heir to the main unit? I am really enjoying the eVic, and exploring the vv/vw capabilities of this unit. I have also begun tinkering with the variable power per hit as well. I've found that the ceiling doesn't bother me yet, as I have yet to find a juice that lacks at m y current settings.

4) Any eVic enthusiasts out there? I know a lot of people hate them, and I get it. But, I'd like to connect with others that really like what we've got, and see what else they've found that they like about it. If you want to tell me how crappy my new toy is, feel free to recommend a backup device in question 3. Or, warn me of what to look out for - you know, in a nice way.

Thanks in advance! I've been on reddit, posting and reading as well, but as far as I'm concerned, this is still the main resource for vaping info on the internet.

Kevin

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Wow - how things can change in two years, eh?

Here's my original Hello Post.

Around June of 2012, I fell off of the wagon, and back onto analogs. In the meantime, I tried to keep up, but so many things have happened in the industry that I'm pretty much a newbie once again.

Well, about 3 weeks ago, I picked up an eVic (And I LOVE it, BTW. Dropped it once - hard - and no issues, yet). Right now I have a Sigelei Protank clone, 2 Kanger PT IIs, and a carto tank by Innovape mods. Also, I have 10 bottles of juice that I'm slowly but steadily making my way through.

I've also dusted off my minis (and they work) in case I need a backup. This makes me anxious, though, as I really don't want to go back to the minis, and I am honestly afraid of going back to analogs. I don't want that.

Also - in the meantime, one of my friends (who I remember showing off my mini to when I started) started vaping with vigor, and is now a juice supplier. So, when I got back on e-Cigs, he was a lot more knowledgeable than I, and I asked him for some advice, and he sent me some of his juice. Although he advised more towards a zMax, I ended up getting the eVic instead.

And now - my questions!

1) Anyone want to suggest a tank for me to add? Something not necessarily rebuild-able, but maybe as involved as the PTIIs I have. I have made my mind up to try and rebuild these coils as I use them up, but I am also trying to be as frugal as possible and keep them in good working order for as long as I can by cleaning them regularly, and rotating them in use.

2) Who's got the good juice right now? I am vaping Jet Fuel, Freemason's Elixirs, and the rest is labeled by my local B&Ms. As I go through them and find the flavors I like, I hope to have a regular rotation of about 8-9 flavors, with 3-4 spots for new and exciting things I come across.

3) Suggestions for a back-up/heir to the main unit? I am really enjoying the eVic, and exploring the vv/vw capabilities of this unit. I have also begun tinkering with the variable power per hit as well. I've found that the ceiling doesn't bother me yet, as I have yet to find a juice that lacks at m y current settings.

4) Any eVic enthusiasts out there? I know a lot of people hate them, and I get it. But, I'd like to connect with others that really like what we've got, and see what else they've found that they like about it. If you want to tell me how crappy my new toy is, feel free to recommend a backup device in question 3. Or, warn me of what to look out for - you know, in a nice way.

Thanks in advance! I've been on reddit, posting and reading as well, but as far as I'm concerned, this is still the main resource for vaping info on the internet.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, and welcome back!

I LOVE my eVic! It has been my reliable goto for the last 7 months or so, and it has been fantastic. My biggest gripe is the "fragile" feel of the eVic. I have dropped and battered it and it has held up, but it just FEELS cheap and fragile in my hands. That said, I also have recently added a Sigelei Legend, Innokin iTaste VTR and soon and MVP 2. Along the way, I picked up a few iTaste VV v3s for backup devices, and they have been fantastic. All of these other mods FEEL more substantial (especially the VTR and the Legend), but they all have disadvantages too.

A good, relatively cheap, backup would be the iTaste VV v3. They do have a couple of disadvantages compared to the eVic, VW is in .5w increments vice the .1 of the eVic, and they are ONLY an 800 mAh battery. If it is purely a backup device, then the 800 mAh should be sufficient, I get between 4-6 hours of heavy vaping out of one before needing to charge it (or vape it as a pass thru). If you can live with these minor (in my opinion) disadvantages, they are excellent and cost effective enough to get two or three to keep on hand (if you need that many).

As for tanks, I use the PT 2, and the iSmoka BCC almost exclusively. I do have the new iClear 30S that came with the VTR but have yet to try it (looking to have at least one replacement coil on hand before I fill it up ... just in case). I really want to add a Protank 3 to the lineup and see how it compares against a single coil tank.

With the PT 2 coils, they are SUPER EASY to rebuild. I watched a youtube video and dove in. My first one took about 45 minutes (I am a perfectionist and wanted to make sure it was perfect). My second one, however, only took about 5 minutes (maybe even less).

As for juice, that is a VERY personal experience, everyone has different tastes. What I like, may not be what you like and vice versa. What I can recommend is reading the reviews over on Spinfuel. They give out awards for juices they like, and so far, they have not steered me wrong. As always though, YMMV!

HTH!

Last edited:

macaroni

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Rockledge, Florida, USA
Howdy Kevin, if you are looking for a "built like a brick" feel I don't think you can beat an iTaste VTR (as long as you can put up with the "heft"). The VTR is my current favorite goto device, it feels like I could throw it through a wall and it would keep on ticking .... or vaping ..... or whatever. The tank that comes with it (the iclear 30s is also pretty darn good too).

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Welcome back-I can only imagine the changes in vaping for you now-a lot of choices of hardware and juices-but I'm sure finding what works for you will be fun-check the juice/liquid section of the forum for reccs since taste is subjective-just a LOT to read there-and spinfuel has good reviews too. A good back up unit is the MVP2-good solid vv/vw device at a good price(mine isn't a back-up but since I love the thing, it's my recc. to pretty much everyone)-lots of info on ECF about this item. Good luck and hope you have success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread