qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Provari Beauty Rings : Our Choices

Well, I'm a new Provari owner (yep, joining the cult;)) and thus had to do my research. Purchased all from GR-Modders and Loki Labs yesterday... and thought of sharing my findings here.

1. VapeRev's Kayfun Cone is the cheapest @ $8. Get's in-stock usually fortnightly. However, it's also 'coned' thus might not be for everyone. Also available thru Cloud9 and Svoe Mesto directly ~ but could take a while to land at your doors.

2. BombVapor's Black Delrin Ring is the next cheap Pro-Ring @ $10. However, typically N/A always. You have a 'notify me' option there ~ but I'm waiting for their response since 2-3 weeks now. Their SS ring is for $20 though. And again - N/A.

3. Tatroe's SS and Brass Pro-Rings are $14.99 each. However, they come only in one finish (brushed). They're usually available, except the brass one.

4. The next lowest is the GR-Modders' Pro-Rings @ $16.77 a piece. They have it in three variants, as well as in brushed and polished finish. Brass ones >HERE<

5. Our ECF supplier Loki Lab's Pro-Rings come in three versions ~ SS as well as Black and White Delrin. Though priced a bit steep @ $20 each they are typically in-stock always. And the SS rings again come in three variants ~ Machined, Brushed and Polished. There's one thus for everyone here

6. TrevVapor's Cingulum (Compleo/Prorogatio) series is in the Hi-End line. Pretty nice as Pro-Blings if you have the dough and desire that is. 38, 45 & 83 EUR if you know what I mean.

7. For a wholesome unit Atmistique's Hippo V2s are awesome. At 27 EUR each they are the best bang for our buck! Comes with AFC... available in SS and/or Brass. And fit's everything flush. Brass version >HERE<

8. Last but not the least, if you chose to use one of the finest tanks for your Divers / Killers / Sophias, The GP-SnP Tank - it comes in a 23mm version for our Provaris and any 23mm Mod per se... and has it's own [optional] SnP Pro-Ring for 18.30 which gets air-flow as well as looks nice.

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Great info!

#8 becomes a write up of its own. There are a handful of tanks that have integrated ProVari Rings. KirFanis makes a couple. Vaperfexion has few choices. Then there's the ZAP which more than just a tank.

Well said The GP-SnP is a class act indeed!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I have most of those mentioned:

Provari 1.jpg Provari 2.jpg Provari 3.jpg Provari SnP Dos.jpg SnP2.jpg

I love my Provari's, their special bling products, and the special tanks designed with Provari in mind. Love it!

As others have mentioned, and in reverse order, the last picture of the GP SnP tank with stainless tank and Provari skirt/cone is a nice look. I use the SnP's with a standard Boge LR carto with Siam V2 single punch. The Cartodriver that comes with the SnP is quite nice too and provides the best hot swap method I've used. The fourth picture shows the SnP's with clear glass tank and Atmistique Hippo V2 in brass and stainless, with Kir Fanis extension in brass, and the other with CigTech's extensions in stainless. The third picture shows the silver Provari Mini with Kir Fanis Extension and beauty ring in polished brass, the black regular Provari with CigTech's extension and cap in stainless and Hippo V2 in stainless, and the white Provari Mini with Cingulum Compleo extension, ring and cone ring in polished brass. The second picture shows the white with Kayfun cone in brushed stainless with Kayfun 3.1 and Atmistique Twins Telescoping extensions in stainless. The first picture shows the Kir Fanis in polished brass, the Cingulum Compleo in polished brass and the Atmistique V2 Hippo in stainless with CigTech's extensions in stainless with wide stainless cap.

Thank you for accumulating all of this information for us to see, find, shop and check out....or buy!

Last edited:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Great post! Thanks for putting it all together.

I've got #s 3-8, although for #8, I have the 22mm SnP, which I love. I can use the GP ProRing with it, but I think it looks funny. Their ProRing is definitely better with the 23mm SnP.

edited to add: I second darkgear's comment - I have been using my KirFanis Privadero tank for over a week now (neglecting my others), and it is gorgeous. It has an integrated beauty ring, so it doesn't exactly fit here, but it is definitely worthy of mention.

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
For anyone finding a Hippo on the classifieds (V1 version) it was the original beauty ring (aside from some one-off custom pieces). As an airflow controller, it works great, but has a tendency to leave scratches on the ProVari's bevel and does not offer a flush fit like the improved V2 Hippo. Usually mod accessories don't drop in price much, but I wouldn't recommend spending more than $20 for a V1 Hippo, unless you are really desperate for an airflow controller.

Before the V2 came out, you could get your money back out of the V1 Hippo and sell it for $35-40 easy. Times change.

Great thread, OP!

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
edited to add: I second darkgear's comment - I have been using my KirFanis Privadero tank for over a week now (neglecting my others), and it is gorgeous. It has an integrated beauty ring, so it doesn't exactly fit here, but it is definitely worthy of mention.

Are you sure it's not just a beauty ring with an integrated tank? :) That fits just fine, if you ask me.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Great post! Thanks for putting it all together.

I've got #s 3-8, although for #8, I have the 22mm SnP, which I love. I can use the GP ProRing with it, but I think it looks funny. Their ProRing is definitely better with the 23mm SnP.

^Thanks for that heads-up on KirFanis Privadero :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
For anyone finding a Hippo on the classifieds (V1 version) it was the original beauty ring (aside from some one-off custom pieces). As an airflow controller, it works great, but has a tendency to leave scratches on the ProVari's bevel and does not offer a flush fit like the improved V2 Hippo. Usually mod accessories don't drop in price much, but I wouldn't recommend spending more than $20 for a V1 Hippo, unless you are really desperate for an airflow controller.

Before the V2 came out, you could get your money back out of the V1 Hippo and sell it for $35-40 easy. Times change.

Great thread, OP!

Well said√ The Hippo v1 better be avoided... the v2 is much nicer and functional.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Do I need one of these rings? I think I want one, but do I need one? I was considering the black loki...

They make the Provari look nicer when you have a tank with a larger diameter than the top taper. The top taper is ~19mm, so if you have 19mm tanks they look good without the ring. The body of the Provari is ~22mm, so for a seamless look the ring covers the taper & makes the body flow right into the sides of a larger, 22mm tank. The rings are for nothing more than cosmetics.

Edit: Others haven't had the same problem, but my first order with Loki will likely be my last. I just got my rings today & they look good, but the shipping time was horrible at best. There had to have been a fluke somewhere along the line since Lion ordered his the same time I did & got his days ago... even though he lives thousands of miles further away from them than I do. :glare: 2 day shipping turned into 2 week shipping. Not convinced this was all the fault of the idiots at USPS, but perhaps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread