No Ecigs allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged imp

Dec 6, 2013
kent uk
Hi all
This is my first post having recently given up my 34yr habit 5 weeks without a analogue.
being rather new to all this I was suprised when I got on a local bus, I was sitting there
looking around when I saw a red no smoking sign nothing unusual there but next to it was
a blue sign saying no Ecigs same design as the no smoking sign to me indicating to the general
public this is just as bad for you so watch out for those dastardly vapers people. :glare:

now is this just my eyes being open for the first time about vaping or is this now a common thing
just wondering if anyone else has seen these signs popping up or have they been there all along?
On a lighter note I have seen zero savings so far in vaping in fact i probably spent twice as much
but you no what I don't care I feel better and Im having way more fun spending my money this way.
now what else can I buy I need it all.
cheers and keep on vaping
:vapor:

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Welcome to ECF!

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot of mis-information, and it does take time to get people educated/re-educated.

Once you get established with your hardware setup and favorite e-liquids, the costs should start to go down. When you are new (or even semi-new) there are a lot of different things to try out :) It also doesn't help that it seems like their has been a large number of new devices and tanks and advancements in their technology in the last several years - all of that is good, but it means there are even more new things that catch one's eye. :)

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
Hello caged! Welcome to ECF.

Never can tell what the effects of a sign might have.

Some folks that wouldn't even think about possibly consider VAPING entering
their lives just might look into the WHYS of it being banned on buses... or elsewhere...
When before it wouldn't if cross their mind's... never know who may show up here???

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Hi all
This is my first post having recently given up my 34yr habit 5 weeks without a analogue.
being rather new to all this I was suprised when I got on a local bus, I was sitting there
looking around when I saw a red no smoking sign nothing unusual there but next to it was
a blue sign saying no Ecigs same design as the no smoking sign to me indicating to the general
public this is just as bad for you so watch out for those dastardly vapers people. :glare:

now is this just my eyes being open for the first time about vaping or is this now a common thing
just wondering if anyone else has seen these signs popping up or have they been there all along?
On a lighter note I have seen zero savings so far in vaping in fact i probably spent twice as much
but you no what I don't care I feel better and Im having way more fun spending my money this way.
now what else can I buy I need it all.
cheers and keep on vaping
:vapor:

I haven't been tracking my expenses - I can afford it, my bills are in no danger of not being paid, and it's worth every penny, and every cigarette I haven't smoked.

As for the public, don't forget that the general populace has been trained for several decades to demonize tobacco, and those that use it. There has been BILLIONS of dollars spent on this effort, and in the public's eye, white plumes of vapor = smoking, therefore it's bad for you, and should be stamped out, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

It's disheartening, but it's to be expected. It's up to US to educate, not hide - and maintain civility along the way. If someone is bothered by my vapor - for whatever reasons - I can stop for a bit, just to be nice.

It all reminds me of the low carb fad. I had cooincidently taken up low carb two years before it started (with spectacular results, and I still do it), and when I cae out of the closet, so to speak, when it became a fad, I was literally assaulted by people and their opinion of what's healthy, and what's not - and experienced the kind of brick wall, "You're wrong no matter what facts you present" attitudes that we're going to be dealing with, with vaping.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
It's disheartening, but it's to be expected. It's up to US to educate, not hide - and maintain civility along the way. If someone is bothered by my vapor - for whatever reasons - I can stop for a bit, just to be nice.

I respectfully disagree that the onus is on the person bothered by the vapor. How about being "nice" and assuming that the other person is not comfortable breathing in your vapor? As with most things the "American Way" seems to be to do what we want and not care if someone else will be bothered by it. It's as if the sentiment is; "Although they shouldn't be bothered by it because I think it's harmless or pleasant (and after all it's all about me), if they don't like it they can tell me to stop, and I'll begrudgingly quit what I'm doing, (to be nice) but I won't like it, because I feel I have a RIGHT to do it!"

The most recent example of this type of selfishness is the dolt who walks around in public with music playing on his/her phone for everyone else to hear. Is it harmless? Probably, although I'm not sure about my soul. But what makes you think that what I want to listen to when I'm shopping for groceries, is your crappy (country / hip-hop / metal - take your pick) music? They don't make ear buds where you come from? Then there's the the fellow cubicle dwellers who feel they need to subject the whole office to the potpourri scent in their electrical scent machine, or the music on their little boom box or Mp 3 music system. And don't get me going about Harley riders with loud pipes!

I always tried to be respectful about my analog smoking, even before all of the research about second hand smoke. (I do think people got a little carried away with the whole "third hand smoke" thing.) And I've tried to do the same thing with vaping now that I (hopefully for good) put the analogs down. The bottom line for me is respect for others, and maintaining a neutrality with those around me, whether it's my cubicle neighbors, my neighborhood neighbors, or fellow bus riders. I won't inflict myself on you and I expect the same from you. JMHO

caged imp

Dec 6, 2013
kent uk
while I agree with you I myself stick to the same rules as when I smoked the point is if this is happening and people get the
impression that this is bad habit then life will become harder for all vapors.
and some of these same people and the government seem to be hell bent on stopping us and yes I do feel it is my right
to vape if want while also being considerate of others.

I am a member of an ethnic social club that doesn't allow e-cigs in the building. We have to go outside with the smokers. The club's reasoning behind the ban was too many complaints from the smokers. "Why can they stay inside when we have to go out in the cold?" Since most of the board members are smokers, we got a new rule. They also reasoned that since many of the e-cigs look like cigarettes, they didn't want to have the bartenders waste time checking to see what people were using. The club can get a hefty fine for allowing cigarettes.

It doesn't really bother me or the other folks I hang there with that vape. We just wait until we leave or go sit in the car if the need hits.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
It is a fact that they have been caught pants down. Big pharma asked "hey you get enough we should have some benefits too" Big tobacco told them "ok your medicine is funny against my tobacco but lets have them try to quit your way. we both benefit they can not give up at all" And this unwanted visitor called "Hey is there a little way for me? I will get them out of you both and they will not only quit but you can not do anything to prevent them" They have to ban batteries, glycerin, glicol, nicotine in order to save their money. No way than they go to governments, invented some funny stories about e-cigs like it will atract children when it has stopped very grown ups stop smoking.
Now we are in a position (and will be more when it is wider spread) "well now that smoking is dangerous ban them"
come the times when they produce e-cigarettes too (both big tobacco and big pharma) and make it competitive. Tax? no. why should I buy from them when I can do every little piece myself?
Well let them wear their pants on they cant do anything but ban them wainly. Purpose is "enough is enough let these wide awake ones vape we just have to avoid others to join them"

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Hello and welcome to ECF!! Also a big congrats for joining the winning team.... Sometimes ignorance causes people to have a negative outlook to something, in this case vaping. I'm fine with the rules and I will abide by them but I am still the winner because I am healthier and I feel great... something that they can't take away from me. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread