Is Bobas Bounty supposed to look like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignalFlow

Aug 3, 2013
SoCal
image.jpg

Its all bubbles and it just stays there even after shaking well.

SignalFlow

Aug 3, 2013
SoCal
Greetings!

Some of our e-juices get bubbles at the top because we hand make and mix the e-liquids. Hope that helps!

Hi Wookie,

Thank you guys for the quick turn around on the juice. I wasn't sure so I had to ask about the bubbles. I know flavor is subjective and I'm not use to the flavor "yet". I'll let it steep for a week and see how I feel. My co-worker like it though straight out the mail box.

Desdenova

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2011
Ortonville, Mi.
Friday I just received two 100ml bottles from AVE, one of Boba's the other Bee's Knee's. The Boba's has the foamy bubbles(this is my 3rd 100ml bottle of Boba's, my first time with the bubbles though).
I am vaping the Boba's as I type and it tastes all good to me, other than needing to steep a little. To me, Boba's is sorta like a vintage wine that needs a little time for the flavors to meld together.

I thought maybe it was the cold causing the ingredients to separate as I live in Michigan. I now see that this is not the case.
"Some of our e-juices get bubbles at the top because we hand make and mix the e-liquids." If this were true then I should be able to repeat and see the same results on the 100ml bottle of Bee's Knee's that I have. Such is not the case. Science seems to lean towards a difference in chemistry between the two products, in my humble opinion.
In science, if the idea does not match the experiment, it's wrong. Richard P Feynman.
Bubbles or no bubbles, I still enjoy my Boba's!:vapor:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Oh, Feynman was correct but the mediums should be the same. Boba's for Boba's since we know the components and therefore the properties will not be different. The bubbles are a result of the viscosity and turbulence (shaking). When air is incorporated it will form bubbles, this is repeatable with Bee's Knees. However, due to the viscosity the bubbles in Bee's Knees will release with little trouble at all. I wouldn't use Pepsi in a test to discover the properties of Coca-Cola.

Here is a better test using Boba's control samples. Get two bottles of Boba's leave one at room temperature and then add another one to a pot of hot water (approx. 10 min, half submerged, at 100 - 130 degree F). This will cause the submerged bottle liquid to warm up to a higher temp and lower viscosity.

Now shake both bottles at the same time. Place the warm bottle back into the warm water to keep it at temp, or close. The colder one should have a noticeably less bubbles after sitting for a few minutes. Also, answer the question, "where did the larger bubbles go?"

Richard Feynman has taught me a lot, especially in the quote above, where he is speaking just as much to the experiment as to the idea when he says "it is wrong". He was speaking to the difficulty of designing an experiment for items you've never seen but intuit through data to be there (in his case the example given is his models of electron patterns/behaviors). I'm assuming that is the lecture this quote is pulled from. In any event he is correct, if either idea or experiment does not mesh up one or the other is in conflict with reality. In the post I'm responding to I'd say the experiment is subject here for using to unlike mediums. The reality is that Boba's and Bees Knees are very different (more so than the difference between Coca-Cola and Pepsi)

I really love how effective a skeptical mindset can be in society so I don't take any issue with the questioning of our statement about e-liquids and bubbles. Questions lead to either answers or better questions and I hope I was able to provide one or the other here.

I would ask one question though, food for thought so to speak; what do you think my incentive might be to lie about bubbles in our e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread