vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
innokin iTaste MVP v.2
Purchased from 101Vap
e

I'm reviewing the iTaste MVP that I bought for $39 ($42.98 with shipping to be exact). I've seen this exact same product sold for as much as $80, but keep in mind my opinions are based partly on how much I paid for it. I wouldn't pay $80 for it and I don't recommend that you do either. The $40 one that I have only comes in black, but this is not a concern for me as I just want something that functions and I don't care about being a glamour puss.

Let me say right off the bat that I'm really happy so far with my first "mod". The MVP is a very solid product. It is four inches tall, about an inch and three quarters wide and an inch thick, and it's pretty heavy for such a small box. On the bottom is a a mini-USB port for charging the MVP with the passthrough charger that is included (you can use it while it's charging!), and a USB port for charging other gadgets FROM the MVP (how cool is that) with an on/off switch related to that. On the lower left side are two little buttons, one marked P and one marked U. I'm not sure what the P and U stand for (I mean as far as words that begin with P or U), but pressing the U down puts you in voltage mode and pressing the P down puts you in wattage mode. Pressing both down simultaneously reads the resistance in ohms of whatever tank or head you have attached to the battery. You can use these buttons to also display a puff counter that tells you how many times you have taken a vape if that's a concern for you. The puff counter resets to zero whenever you turn the MVP off. And on the upper base is the fire button that activates the battery so that you can vape away. You click it quickly three times to turn the battery on or off.

The two things that this battery has that none of my other batteries have are the ohm meter and the voltage mode. In voltage mode, it allows you to set the battery to your desired power or heat level and it will automatically stay there (i.e., change the voltage for you) if you switch to a tank that has different resistance. This is very convenient for me, since I primarily use Kanger products and Kanger heads tend to be all over the board as far as ohms go. I had never realized this more than after I started testing them with the MVP ohm meter. My heads range anywhere from 1.9 ohms all the way up to 3.1 ohm, and considering I only have heads that are supposed to range from 2.2 to 2.8, this explains a lot about why I've been getting burnt tastes and sometimes weak vapor from tanks. Of course you're going to get a weak vapor from a 3.1 ohm head using a 3.7 or lower Evod battery—and if you aren't aware that your head is whack you might be baffled and waste your time trying all sorts of fixes that don't help when all you really need to do is jack up the power. So I would suggest that having an ohm meter is imperative for any vapor and especially so for anyone who wants to rebuild their own coil. All this information comes to you in an easy to read digital display on the side.

As far as the quality of the vapor goes, well that depends a lot more on your tank system than on the battery. But since with the MVP you now have not only control of variable voltages, but variable wattages as well, and you can check your ohms to help you decide what VV/VW to use right from the start, I'd say yes, you are going to experience much more satisfying vapor when using the MVP.

This thing is a 2600 mah battery. That's not a typo. That's FOUR times the lifespan of my other batteries. If you press the fire button and it lights up green, that means your battery is fully charged. If it lights up yellow, it means it's about half drained. If it lights up red, it's probably time to recharge the unit unless you want to keep using it until its drained completely, which can be done with no problem from what I understand but I haven't even gotten there yet.

Now considering I spent $28 (on sale) including tax for an ego-c twist that is only VV and nothing else and that has the volt-numbers etched in such a miniscule manner on the twist dial that it's practically useless without a magnifying lens, I'd say spending $43 for this wonderful contraption called an MVP is quite the deal, even if the battery alone was all you get with it. But it isn't all. It actually comes with a tank that itself would retail separately for about $12—the iClear 30 Clearomize.

So let me talk about the iClear 30 for a moment, keeping in mind that I just consider it a freebie since I feel the battery itself is well worth the money that I paid for it. I've only used bottom coil clearomizers so far, so getting this octopus of a top coil clearomizer was pretty baffling at first. It has a 16-wick, dual coil head in it, and the wicks are long, stretching down from the top to the bottom of the tank. As you might imagine this makes it one heck of a juice hog. I've heard good things about the iClear 30, how you don't get dry hits or burnt hits and about more vapor production and whatnot, but this really hasn't been the case for me. I find I have to roll it around constantly to keep all those wicks saturated and if I don't, I get a dry or burnt hit like any other tank that isn't properly feeding juice to the coils. I thought maybe I was holding it wrong, holding it like I would hold a bottom coil tank, and I tried holding it upright while vaping and as a result got a nice mouthful of juice, so don't ever do that. The drip tip (if you can call it that since it's not interchangeable with anything else) is really cool, in that it swivels 360 degrees. That's really the only thing I find exceptionally cool about the iClear 30 since the tank itself is made out of plastic and although I swore I'd never buy another plastic tank again after having one totally corrode, this thing is basically just thrown in with the battery that I wanted so I'm not going to complain too much about it. So keep in mind, I'm not taking any points off my score of the MVP for the fact that I'm not too fond of the iClear 30, because for the price I paid for it, I consider it a gift. In any case, it's an interesting tank and I'm still glad I got it just to familiarize myself with something that isn't bottom coil.

So far I've tried the MVP with the said iClear 30, the Protank II, the Protank II mini and the Evod and have had no problems and have had a lot of fun messing around with it. When the vapor is too weak you can click click click and jack up the voltage; when you sense a burnt taste coming on, click click click down. When you find your sweet spot in wattage mode you can just leave it there so that it will still be there when you put on a different tank. If you're not sure why your tank is not functioning properly, you can check the ohms to see if your head is working properly. When you turn the MVP off it remembers whatever you have it set on, whether it be in volts or watts, and it's still there when you turn it back on. It even comes with a beauty ring that you can leave on all the time if you're using nothing but 510 threading like I am.

All in all, the MVP is one smart, inexpensive product. Quite honestly, the only bad thing this smart little battery does is make all my other batteries weep from loneliness.

I'm giving the MVP 2 a perfect 10/10 score. It is WELL worth $40 and having it or at least something like it is simply essential for any serious vaper.

I also give 101Vape a perfect 10/10 score. This was my fourth purchase from them and I've been happy every time with the quality and price of their service.

If you enjoyed reading this review, you may be interested in reading my review of Halo's Voodoo

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/494950-voodoo-halo-what-stuff.html

Last edited:

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Just so you know-

The On/Off button on the bottom is only for the output USB. It doesn't turn off the device, just turns off it's ability to charge other devices from it.

The P and U buttons are P(ower) and the U is supposed to be a V(oltage). Not sure why they decided on U instead of V, but that's Innokin for ya,

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Just so you know-

The On/Off button on the bottom is only for the output USB. It doesn't turn off the device, just turns off it's ability to charge other devices from it.

The P and U buttons are P(ower) and the U is supposed to be a V(oltage). Not sure why they decided on U instead of V, but that's Innokin for ya,

Thanks for clearing that up. I am editing the review to clarify that.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Great review! I also just recently got a MVP as well and really like it so far. I've only had it since Friday but have been really enjoying it so far. You can't beat it for the money that's for sure!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I have been having no problem with dry hits and burning since I got it. Now I know what the issue was all along--faulty Kanger heads. My iClear 30 seems to be working a bit better now as well, to be fair about that.

Ruby_Red_Shoes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland OH
Great review! I also just recently got a MVP as well and really like it so far. I've only had it since Friday but have been really enjoying it so far. You can't beat it for the money that's for sure!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Second this sentiment - still fiddling but this my new 'home base' batt - I prefer the slimmer aesthetics of my ego-t and vision spinner for out and about, but for chillin in the crib, this MVP is a dream - as for the iClear 30 - mine being a 'freebie' included as well, for a top coil it's fine, but preferring the bottoms - just hooked up with a protank 2 to rotate in with my mini's and I am definitely a happy camper in that respect! So much great info on this site from so many knowledgeable folks helps mitigate the issues with gear - I don't care what kind of technology one uses for whatever purpose, there will always be bugs as the stuff is designed/built by peeps and not a one of us is 'perfect'! :)

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
Just so you know-

The reason for that is that a standard 7 segment display is intended for numbers. There are up to 7 lcd segments that for the number "8" if they are all on. There are no diagonal segments to make a "V" for voltage and why they use "P" for power instead of "W" for watts and why "R" looks like an "A". There may be segment displays that have both numbers and number segments or they could use an LCD screen, but that would be a big cost increase.

Starre

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
plus.google.com
Innokin iTaste MVP v.2
Purchased from 101Vap
e

I'm reviewing the iTaste MVP that I bought for $39 ($42.98 with shipping to be exact). I've seen this exact same product sold for as much as $80, but keep in mind my opinions are based partly on how much I paid for it. I wouldn't pay $80 for it and I don't recommend that you do either. The $40 one that I have only comes in black, but this is not a concern for me as I just want something that functions and I don't care about being a glamour puss.

Let me say right off the bat that I'm really happy so far with my first "mod". The MVP is a very solid product. It is four inches tall, about an inch and three quarters wide and an inch thick, and it's pretty heavy for such a small box. On the bottom is a a mini-USB port for charging the MVP with the passthrough charger that is included (you can use it while it's charging!), and a USB port for charging other gadgets FROM the MVP (how cool is that) with an on/off switch related to that. On the lower left side are two little buttons, one marked P and one marked U. I'm not sure what the P and U stand for (I mean as far as words that begin with P or U), but pressing the U down puts you in voltage mode and pressing the P down puts you in wattage mode. Pressing both down simultaneously reads the resistance in ohms of whatever tank or head you have attached to the battery. You can use these buttons to also display a puff counter that tells you how many times you have taken a vape if that's a concern for you. The puff counter resets to zero whenever you turn the MVP off. And on the upper base is the fire button that activates the battery so that you can vape away. You click it quickly three times to turn the battery on or off.

The two things that this battery has that none of my other batteries have are the ohm meter and the voltage mode. In voltage mode, it allows you to set the battery to your desired power or heat level and it will automatically stay there (i.e., change the voltage for you) if you switch to a tank that has different resistance. This is very convenient for me, since I primarily use Kanger products and Kanger heads tend to be all over the board as far as ohms go. I had never realized this more than after I started testing them with the MVP ohm meter. My heads range anywhere from 1.9 ohms all the way up to 3.1 ohm, and considering I only have heads that are supposed to range from 2.2 to 2.8, this explains a lot about why I've been getting burnt tastes and sometimes weak vapor from tanks. Of course you're going to get a weak vapor from a 3.1 ohm head using a 3.7 or lower Evod battery—and if you aren't aware that your head is whack you might be baffled and waste your time trying all sorts of fixes that don't help when all you really need to do is jack up the power. So I would suggest that having an ohm meter is imperative for any vapor and especially so for anyone who wants to rebuild their own coil. All this information comes to you in an easy to read digital display on the side.

As far as the quality of the vapor goes, well that depends a lot more on your tank system than on the battery. But since with the MVP you now have not only control of variable voltages, but variable wattages as well, and you can check your ohms to help you decide what VV/VW to use right from the start, I'd say yes, you are going to experience much more satisfying vapor when using the MVP.

This thing is a 2600 mah battery. That's not a typo. That's FOUR times the lifespan of my other batteries. If you press the fire button and it lights up green, that means your battery is fully charged. If it lights up yellow, it means it's about half drained. If it lights up red, it's probably time to recharge the unit unless you want to keep using it until its drained completely, which can be done with no problem from what I understand but I haven't even gotten there yet.

Now considering I spent $28 (on sale) including tax for an ego-c twist that is only VV and nothing else and that has the volt-numbers etched in such a miniscule manner on the twist dial that it's practically useless without a magnifying lens, I'd say spending $43 for this wonderful contraption called an MVP is quite the deal, even if the battery alone was all you get with it. But it isn't all. It actually comes with a tank that itself would retail separately for about $12—the iClear 30 Clearomize.

So let me talk about the iClear 30 for a moment, keeping in mind that I just consider it a freebie since I feel the battery itself is well worth the money that I paid for it. I've only used bottom coil clearomizers so far, so getting this octopus of a top coil clearomizer was pretty baffling at first. It has a 16-wick, dual coil head in it, and the wicks are long, stretching down from the top to the bottom of the tank. As you might imagine this makes it one heck of a juice hog. I've heard good things about the iClear 30, how you don't get dry hits or burnt hits and about more vapor production and whatnot, but this really hasn't been the case for me. I find I have to roll it around constantly to keep all those wicks saturated and if I don't, I get a dry or burnt hit like any other tank that isn't properly feeding juice to the coils. I thought maybe I was holding it wrong, holding it like I would hold a bottom coil tank, and I tried holding it upright while vaping and as a result got a nice mouthful of juice, so don't ever do that. The drip tip (if you can call it that since it's not interchangeable with anything else) is really cool, in that it swivels 360 degrees. That's really the only thing I find exceptionally cool about the iClear 30 since the tank itself is made out of plastic and although I swore I'd never buy another plastic tank again after having one totally corrode, this thing is basically just thrown in with the battery that I wanted so I'm not going to complain too much about it. So keep in mind, I'm not taking any points off my score of the MVP for the fact that I'm not too fond of the iClear 30, because for the price I paid for it, I consider it a gift. In any case, it's an interesting tank and I'm still glad I got it just to familiarize myself with something that isn't bottom coil.

So far I've tried the MVP with the said iClear 30, the Protank II, the Protank II mini and the Evod and have had no problems and have had a lot of fun messing around with it. When the vapor is too weak you can click click click and jack up the voltage; when you sense a burnt taste coming on, click click click down. When you find your sweet spot in wattage mode you can just leave it there so that it will still be there when you put on a different tank. If you're not sure why your tank is not functioning properly, you can check the ohms to see if your head is working properly. When you turn the MVP off it remembers whatever you have it set on, whether it be in volts or watts, and it's still there when you turn it back on. It even comes with a beauty ring that you can leave on all the time if you're using nothing but 510 threading like I am.

All in all, the MVP is one smart, inexpensive product. Quite honestly, the only bad thing this smart little battery does is make all my other batteries weep from loneliness.

I'm giving the MVP 2 a perfect 10/10 score. It is WELL worth $40 and having it or at least something like it is simply essential for any serious vaper.

I also give 101Vape a perfect 10/10 score. This was my fourth purchase from them and I've been happy every time with the quality and price of their service.

If you enjoyed reading this review, you may be interested in reading my review of Halo's Voodoo

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-reviews/494950-voodoo-halo-what-stuff.html

What a great review! I bought an Innokin Mod that also came with a free tank, that's very similar to yours. I think it's supposed to be the upgrade, but I can't get used to a plastic tank. All my favorite ejuice cracks plastic, which is a shame. I guess some people still like plastic tanks because they aren't as fragile? They also mute the flavors, imo. I remember seeing the MVP originally selling for over a hundred dollars when I first began vaping. That's an excellent price you paid. It sounds like the perfect device, I just don't like the box shape. That's the only thing that's kept me from buying one. Now Innokin makes a cigarette shaped version of the MVP, but they are still very expensive.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread