figured out the problem with my blu starter pack...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearjunky

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
illinois
so ive posted several times here about the terrible experience ive had with my purchase of the blu starter pack...almost no vapor after just a few puffs, no flavor, ect...I just purchased a new kit from a different vendor and their carts are a 510 connection, and I thought to myself these carts look like they would fit my blu batterys so lets hook one up and see what happens...it vapes wonderfully and gave full tastes and tons of vapor. so im assuming the whole problem with this blu starter pack I bought at walgreens is that the carts are just either old and dried up or maybe blu pre-filled carts just plain old are junk? now I didn't give this a lengthy test, I just took a few puffs and said to myself - wow. too bad the blu carts don't vape like that...even the latest pack of carts that blu sent me for free don't vape right...but when I used a different brand of 510 threaded cart on the blu battery it was like night and day difference...im just saying !!!

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
No slap at Blu as they have a high-quality product, but apparently had some manufacturing issues -- I received two bad battery packs. Neither seemed to fully charge batteries (causing weak vapor production) and then completely failed i.e. no blue or red lights after 2 weeks. The third seems solid and without issues at around ~6 weeks, and seems to charge the Blu batteries more thoroughly.

The other issue I had was depleting batteries as fast as I could get them charged. Here I ordered Blu's USB charger from online outlet (using with a USB wall outlet). These charge about three times faster than the charger pack and, in my opinion, should have been included with the starter kit.

gearjunky

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
illinois
like I said in my previous post here that I have not done a complete lengthy test if this is the only problem I know of with this kit so I will have to do further testing with other carts. my blu batteries seem to charge o.k from what I can tell, but considering the fact usually when I go to use this blu kit I only get a few puffs here and there from it then I go to my go to kit to vape so I might be unaware of other issues like maybe the batteries are not getting a full enough charge from the pcc. I know that just from the simple test of hooking up a completely different brand of compatible cart to the blu battery then taking just a few puffs and instantly getting tons of flavor and clouds of vape I just had to make that initial observation. I read that blu pcc's and maybe blu batteries has some kind of reverse polarity or something then maybe we can only use blu batts with the blu chargers so I cannot as far as I know to to now charge the blu batts on a different brand of charger? I bought this blu starter pack because of the cheap cost and its a really cool portable kit so I still would like to be able to start using it here and there...however ive got quite a few other kits I use mainly so its not a big deal for me to figure it out anymore...I mainly use larger batteries and tank systems to vape so I hardly even use cig sized batteries anymore even tho I still have lots of cig style kits laying around here.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
You can also buy juice and refill those cartos with whatever mix of PG/VG that you like. Blu uses all VG so more vapor, less flavor (PG holds flavor better). I haven't tried them in a long, long time so I am not sure if that holds true now. That is how everything started for me :vapor:

Good luck staying off the cigarettes!

ArcaneMolaMola

Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
El Paso, TX
You can also buy juice and refill those cartos with whatever mix of PG/VG that you like. Blu uses all VG so more vapor, less flavor (PG holds flavor better). I haven't tried them in a long, long time so I am not sure if that holds true now. That is how everything started for me :vapor:

Good luck staying off the cigarettes!

Funny, I had the same problem with my starter pack for $35. I had the same kit before and it worked fine, but I upgraded to a mini protank 2 and a vision spinner and started chasing the cloud a little. I gave away my starter pack and suddenly I realized I was getting bored with blowing huge plumes of vapor.

I decided to buy the starter pack again and I was getting little to no vapor. No matter how hard I tried to suck on those cartos, I would get next to nothing. At first, I thought it was the battery. I was ready to throw in the towel when I decided to clean out the cartos with hot water and fill them up with my own liquid. Now the blu cigs perform very well for me, the batteries are fine. It seems like blu is skimping on the liquid or they are selling old cartos.

You didn't throw away those cartos did you gearjunky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread