Status
Not open for further replies.

ManicMaurice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
My House
www.manicmaurice.com
I'm so glad to see the Silver Bullet getting a mechanical makeover!!

I received a teaser of this few days ago and I've been busting at the seams waiting to talk about it. Apparently it will be the same size as the current SB, but with a completely mechanical switch and a few tweaks to help keep the center pin from being pressed down when an atty is screwed on too tight.

My SB has been my daily driver for about 3 years now. As soon as this available I'll be buying one. :)

Last edited:

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
The pic in the above link makes the SB mech look the same size but the couple of beta versions I have seen in the stores are slightly shorter. Not by much but shorter. And that is a good thing. They felt very nice in your hand. The button action on the beta was also very very nice. I am looking forward to these also.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
The "M" is .210 inches shorter than the Silver Bullet. I was able to shorten it due to the lack of an additional battery bushing. I and a few others have been beta testing this for a few months. I favored a deeper center post on this unit due to all of the long center post atomizers. It will self adjust to a 4.3-4.7 mm center post. If you have a shorter center post, the atomizer post will thread out to accept it, or you can adjust the post in the atty that is being threaded on(easy to do). If the center post is longer than 4.7mm it will have to be adjusted down, or the switch will not function. The silver plating is done to ASTM 700-97 with a thickness of .0005 inches. I had to send back the atomizer post to be stripped and silver plated again because it did not match the finish of the other 2 contact parts. I will include a small hex key for assembly/dis assembly. The chrome are back from plating and the Anodize should be back next week. I think I will release the chrome before I get the black back from anodizing. These units can not be powder coated, so the color selection will not be as vast as the Silver Bullet.

Last edited:

OBE1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Marengo, Ohio
Bringing this back.. I bought the black version... This thing is great. I used a SB for 2 years and when I went to RDAs I was bummed that the mech version wasn't out yet. Now that I have a SB that fits my vaping style I am complete again. The way it fits in my hand and knowing it will be a workhorse for a long time just makes me happy. You can't buy a better product than the SB. Anyone else enjoying the new Silver Bullet M?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
I am seriously considering a Silver Bullet (the original probably) in the near future. I am surprised you don't hear more about it nowadays. Is it's reputation for near indestructable and solid reliability true? Also, is it finicky about which 18650 batts it uses? I have a bunch of efest reds I would be using. Any advice would be appreciated.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Bringing this back.. I bought the black version... This thing is great. I used a SB for 2 years and when I went to RDAs I was bummed that the mech version wasn't out yet. Now that I have a SB that fits my vaping style I am complete again. The way it fits in my hand and knowing it will be a workhorse for a long time just makes me happy. You can't buy a better product than the SB. Anyone else enjoying the new Silver Bullet M?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Got my black one in vapemail a few hours ago along with 4 Sony 30A batteries, two of which are now charged up. Currently vaping dry an AGA-T2 to recoil at lower resistance.

It's a nice hitting device for sure! :beer:

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
GrimmGreen recently reviewed this Silver Bullet M! You can find it here

I know exactly the "nostalgic" feeling of getting this in the mail he describes, and it even came in a velvety pouch like the original SB did. I've been using the heck outta mine and just love it to death. :cool:

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread