Noob -- My Evod kit came with 2.5 ohm coils -- what does this mean? What difference do ohms make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guessing you purchased the Evod battery and Evod clearomizer. The 2.5 ohm is the resistance of the coil inside the Evod. Kanger usually always ships their clearomizers with 2.5 ohm coils.

Yes - that's right -- but I've noticed that replacement coils are available in different ohms -- is there a difference in your vaping experience with different ohms?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Yes - that's right -- but I've noticed that replacement coils are available in different ohms -- is there a difference in your vaping experience with different ohms?

The battery you have puts out 3.7 volts so I would stick with the 2.5 ohm coils if you are getting a good taste from the juice. The least i would go with your Evod battery are the 2.2 ohm coils. I hope you have extra coils and a extra battery as the 650 mah battery will last about 4-6 hours of average vaping. Good luck. You have a great starter kit.

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
I guessing you purchased the Evod battery and Evod clearomizer. The 2.5 ohm is the resistance of the coil inside the Evod. Kanger usually always ships their clearomizers with 2.5 ohm coils.

I'd say that's unusual in that I've seen the opposite.... almost every one I've ever seen (both individual carts and in kits) have come with 1.8 as the standard. Weird O:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The lower the resistance of the coil, the warmer the coil gets. Some prefer warmer vapes. Also, different coil temps leads to different flavor perception. That's why variable voltage is so wildly popular. It allows the vaper to fine tune their vaping experience. It's all about Ohm's Law with vaping. Ohm's Law Calculator

Safe_Vaping_Power_Chart.jpg

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I'd say that's unusual in that I've seen the opposite.... almost every one I've ever seen (both individual carts and in kits) have come with 1.8 as the standard. Weird O:

I have 3 PT-2 Mini's and 1 Protank 2 and they all came packaged with two 2.5 ohm coils along with 2 O Rings.

The battery you have puts out 3.7 volts so I would stick with the 2.5 ohm coils if you are getting a good taste from the juice. The least i would go with your Evod battery are the 2.2 ohm coils. I hope you have extra coils and a extra battery as the 650 mah battery will last about 4-6 hours of average vaping. Good luck. You have a great starter kit.

Thanks Speed:

I got 2 batteries and 5 replacement coils with the kit -- and also got 5 additional coils. The problems I'm having is that I'm not getting good flavor, but getting good vapor. I'm new to this, so I don't know if it's the juice or the unit...

Hi I am a new member and I have a Kanger EVOD from Sweet-Vapes.com and I believe the battery is a magenta 1000 mah battery the largest they had and I bought a matching EVOD magenta claeomizer that you can see a slit through the cnert when you fill it from the bottom and then put it back on so you can see where your liquid level is at. It has a clear tip and matches the battery color.

The issue I am having is I believe it came with a 2.5 ohms and I know nothing about ohms. I am constantly getting a treally hard pull and very little draw and if I put it on bigger battery like a Vamo 5 just to see if I get the battery resistance higher will the battery out put help but it just burns it no matter how low I go even 3.0 on any MOD device besides that one. What ohms can I use to fix this issue so I can use the Kanger EVOD set 1000 MAH? Anything you can do to help would mean the world to me.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Could someone explain the chart please? My power starts at 6.0 and the volts start at 3.3 on my MVP. So if my Omhs reads 2.3, what would I set the power and volts at?

Sorry to sound dumb, but I just don't get it.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a 2.5 ohm tank, you can vape between 3.25 and 4.5 volts with no issues like burning, or breaking the coil, or harming the battery.

Pick your resistance, and match it up with the green squares, the number on the top is the voltage, the number in the green box is watts, for those with vv/vw.

It's a range, so you can dial in the flavor - some like more, some like less.

Edited to add - with the MVP 2, you set one, not both - if you set the watts, the MVP will adjust the volts to the optimum voltage. If you set voltage, the watts are determined by Ohm's law (it won't adjust for you). If you use watts mode, you can go from 4-8 watts safely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread