Is this a good durable, cheap and noob friendly setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

I was thinking of getting 2 Ego T batteries, 650mah for £5.50 each.
1 or 2 EVOD tanks both £5.00 each.......(I wonder how long they last?)
And atomizer heads......do you know how much resistance I need?

Im spending in the region of £30 - £35.

I can't wait to start vaping again!

Now that you have over 5 posts, I suggest you scroll down the main page to the UK forum. I'm sure they will have info on vendors, so you don't have to pay high shipping fees. All of the vendors/kits I would suggest are in the US.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
Hey bro, that's exactly what I just ordered! :) I've had bad luck with hardware since I started vaping a few months ago, so I'm hoping the 2 batteries plus the one I have now, a vv usb passthrough, a couple of evods, replacement heads, I already have two chargers and a still functional c4 clearomizer... I should be safe.

molimelight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Columbia, MO
If you're getting the E-Go Twist, I'd go ahead and take what I think is a step up and go for the Kanger Protank II Mini. I too am fairly new at this and I've tried the Evod and found it difficult to fill and see how much fluid is in the tank through the small window. Granted, I am far sighted and that's a factor, but I've had no trouble filling the Protank II Minis that I have. I also like being able to change drip tips which the Evod won't allow. I also tried the Vivi Nova Minis and found that I liked the bottom coil better.

Kaisen

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
The EVOD is fantastic! But it is also a polycarbonate (plastic) tank, and that means it is prone to etch and crack with some types of e-liquids, mainly citrus types. So you may want to invest in a glass/pyrex tank like a Mini ProTank II so you won't keep breaking EVODS. They both take the same exact replacement heads and fill the same way. Actually, they are pretty much the same thing, except the ProTank is glass and comes apart for easy cleaning.

You'll find the 1.8 or 2.2 ohm coils to be a good happy-medium.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Evods are a good starting point. Sometimes they get a bit fussy but nothing's perfect every time. If you can find a mini pro tank II with removable drip tip, I'd recommend to get one of those too, for the reasons stated already. I'd pick 2.2 ohm coils for a 3.7V or unregulated ego. 1.8 if you get one that's 3.3V regulated. I get confused between all the ego T, ego C, ego W and knock-off batteries, I look for the 3.7 regulated ones. The Kanger evod batteries are 3.7V regulated if you've got those available to you locally.

Even though I've got more "sophisticated" devices now, I still use my regular egos w/ PT2 or cartomizers a lot of the time.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Upgrade one of the two Evods you're planing to a Mini Protank II. You're good on juice for now, but eventually you'll wanna try something that may not do so well in a plastic tank. It's just something less to worry about down the line. I just buy what I want to try, knowing I've got a glass and metal tank option.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I think you've chosen well. I started with a similar set up myself. The only difference is I went with the VV vision spinner and an ego twist. I figured, that way I wouldn't have to worry about finding the exact resistance replacement coil ("Out of 1.8-2.2 ohms? No prob, I'll take the 2.5."). That said, if you think you'd like the "plastic cracking" juices (cinnamon, citrus types), you may want to upgrade one of the tanks to a Pyrex/glass one, like others have mentioned. If not into those juices, spend a little more on VV, if you like.

The only caveat I have is, make sure you're buying "authentic" branded items. I did not know that one of my EVODs is a "clone/knockoff." Guess which one gives me constant grief, even after switching out to an authentic coil? Well, at least I only wasted $5, and lesson learned.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Thanks for the information, I'm struggling to understand some of it. However I ordered 2 EVODS, 2 Ego T's & 10 atomizer heads 2.5 ohm. I didn't know what 'ohm' was so I went for the biggest number! :$.
I hope that's not a mistake.
I will upgrade a tank next time I order I reckon.
Do I need anything else?

Go ahead and order some replacement heads/coils at 1.8 ohms, for sure. Certainly see if you can change your order to the 1.8 ohms; those 2.5's will be a little too high for that battery). Those batteries are regulated at 3.3volts, which is a low number. Generally, lower volts = lower ohms needed for your coil (and conversely, higher volts needs higher ohms, kwim?). When you get your stuff, put the 2.5ohm coils aside and keep it for if/when you upgrade to VV/VW, etc.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Thanks for the information, I'm struggling to understand some of it. However I ordered 2 EVODS, 2 Ego T's & 10 atomizer heads 2.5 ohm. I didn't know what 'ohm' was so I went for the biggest number! :$.
I hope that's not a mistake.
I will upgrade a tank next time I order I reckon.
Do I need anything else?

Hi Easterbunny!

Looks like you got a pretty nice setup on order, it should serve you well. I would suggest that you try and change the coils though, 2.2 or 1.8 will perform better on those batteries than the 2.5 ... Honestly though, you will have to figure out which ones work best for your tastes and preferences. I personally favor 2.2 ohm coils, as they cover the high range of the 1.8 and the low range of the 2.5 and for me they are just a bit more flexible. As always though ... YMMV!

HTH

Easterbunny

Nov 12, 2013
Birmingham
Go ahead and order some replacement heads/coils at 1.8 ohms, for sure. Certainly see if you can change your order to the 1.8 ohms; those 2.5's will be a little too high for that battery). Those batteries are regulated at 3.3volts, which is a low number. Generally, lower volts = lower ohms needed for your coil (and conversely, higher volts needs higher ohms, kwim?). When you get your stuff, put the 2.5ohm coils aside and keep it for if/when you upgrade to VV/VW, etc.

Kool :), That's very helpfull! I've just cancelled my order and now I'm going to try again :D

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Kool :), That's very helpfull! I've just cancelled my order and now I'm going to try again :D

Compliments of Chrissie here at ECF is a list of reputable UK Vendors with discount codes. Note at the top a link to a map of B&M Shops;
http://www.allaboute-cigarettes.pro...quid-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=2
In regards to the battery I'd suggest a Kanger battery which fires at 3.7 volts. eGo-T fires at 3.3 volts and the difference is noticeable.
Best of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread