• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Latest staus of ban in Malaysia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teos55

Mar 25, 2013
Turkey
www.oguzsevim.com
Hi Guys,

I'm planning a month long visit to Malaysia. As a chain vapor, I need to bring lots of bottles of eliquid with me as spare.
So many contradictory information floating around.
What is the latest status of the Ban, officially ?. Pls provide a link from the Government sites if applicable.

This will change my travel plans accordingly.

From Wikipedia :

"In Malaysia, the sale of e-cigarettes is an offence under the Poisons Act 1952 and the Control of Drugs and Cosmetics Regulations 1984. Those found guilty of selling and distributing the product (as well as liquid nicotine for use in electronic cigarettes) will be fined no more than RM3,000, be jailed for no more than two years, or both.[102] The Malaysian Health Minister stated that e-cigarettes containing liquid nicotine is more harmful than normal cigarettes and warned Malaysians to avoid them."

Is this valid ?

naith_kk

Jul 2, 2013
Malaysia
I hope you are knowledgeable on the standard airline procedures and warnings about hand-carrying liquids into the cabin and about storing batteries in checked-in luggage. Mods aren't their concern as long its stored and not used (until you are clearly outdoors of the airport). Although restrictions are quite relaxed in the country, the worst people to deal with are the customs officers (provided they read up and take notice) as they will pick on you and cause problems... so best to follow up on how to travel with your gear. They shouldn't bother you if you done everything according to airline regulations on carriage.

loodeytunes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Malaysia - KayElle
Thanks for all the info. I'm aware of the airline regulations and travelled several countries beforehand :) What I'm not aware is, what happens if the customs want to check my luggage and finds the ecig metarial. ( mod+atty+several eliquids) does it cause any severe punishment or just taken away from me.

You can most likely get away with it (speaking through experience) at most, they will just take it away (which i dont think is likely, but still possible nonetheless). It's not illegal because it's a taxable item

vjuice

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
Malaysia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

vjuice

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
Malaysia
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier