• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Steeping, now for the waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Mixed my 1st lot of e-liquids today, now have to be patient for a week+
Made up 9 flavours, the girlfriend chose 8 and I got 1, lol.
Purchased the flavours and some bits and bobs for mixing from LT Ecigs, I must say their service was excellent.
Will post again when I've sampled with result, wish me luck. :)

I wish you luck! :)

You must let us know the outcome.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Yup good luck, i've been trying to read up on all this diy juice stuff trying to find what will be right for me before i go wasting any money lol

It's the pg & vg i'm trying to decide on cus although you can get 500ml for i think 4.99 on ebay i don't know if should go that route and then add the
nic or just get it like you have already done, decision decision's lol

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
I use the PG/VG from OliverBrown at £4.99/500ml (on Ebay, delivered next day).
And 72mg/ml nic base from Alchemists Cupboard at £11.99 for 50ml. Usually do a mix of 45/45/10 (45%VG, 45%PG, 10%Water). Works really well for me.

Just be careful with the 72mg nic base. Its nasty stuff if you spill or even get a bit on your skin. Deal with it immediately if so.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I use the PG/VG from OliverBrown at £4.99/500ml (on Ebay, delivered next day).
And 72mg/ml nic base from Alchemists Cupboard at £11.99 for 50ml. Usually do a mix of 45/45/10 (45%VG, 45%PG, 10%Water). Works really well for me.

Just be careful with the 72mg nic base. Its nasty stuff if you spill or even get a bit on your skin. Deal with it immediately if so.

Yup nice one, gonna have to go for some of that, where do you find is the best place for flavour?

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK

chansen

Oct 15, 2013
Farnborough, UK
And thanks yet again :)

Do you need the water in it just cus it's to thick otherwise? Whats it like with more percentage pg would that
work ok? Cus i've already made my flavours and nic order

I only mentioned the water as a personal preference. Some people use no VG at all, others no PG.
A common blend is 75% PG/25% VG. You might want this if you use a cartomizer.

Be critical of the kind of water you buy at the shop. Should be purified (distilled)... some warn against buying the stuff (you put in batteries) from Halfords etc. You can find it in some pharmacies or on eBay.
Personally, I am lucky to get to fill a 100ml bottle for free at our local vet now and then. (Doesn't hurt to ask) ;)

I also feel the need to mention Nic base. (Sorry if I'm going a bit off topic)
If you buy the strong stuff (anything over 12mg/l), be sure... absolutely sure that you have a good recipe calculator, and fully understand it. Remember... this is stuff you (and possibly others) will be inhaling. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread