Is this an M201?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Hi, I thought this looked a bit similar to the M201 in terms of packaging and whatnot. Do you reckon this could be an M201?

DealExtreme: $30.90 Electronic Cigarette Gift Set with Charger

It seems DX are selling M401 lookalikes as well. What do we reckon, worth a punt? :D

Its most likely not an M201. The shape of the cart (mouth end) and the packaging of the carts are totally different.

The M401 lookalikes are M401 lookalikes. Someone posted the link a while back (the thread starter deleted it). If you look at the charger pictures, it states a different model and Smoore does not produce that type of graphics on an ecig. Some have described those as a cheap Health rebranded ecig, which i cannot confirm. The Health brand is both notoriosly cheap and bad in quality.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Hi, I thought this looked a bit similar to the M201 in terms of packaging and whatnot. Do you reckon this could be an M201?

DealExtreme: $30.90 Electronic Cigarette Gift Set with Charger

It seems DX are selling M401 lookalikes as well. What do we reckon, worth a punt? :D

Too funny, I was just looking at this. I'm not sure what it is, but I can say for sure that (by going by the mouth piece alone) it is not an RN-4072 or a Joye302. But then again, I can't seem to find any pictures that match that mouth piece, DSE801, KR108, M201.. they are all different than this one. If I had to venture a guess, I would say DSE801.

I would order one, but I am waiting on my previous order from them to arrive that I ordered over a month ago. (It was finally shipped Feb 25th).

L8r, x

Last edited:

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
There is a seller on eBay and if he really is selling M201, the ecig on dealexteme.com could well indeed be a M201 also.

What makes you say that? The ebay guy is selling his M201 at $46.55.

The cart packaging and mouth piece are also different from that of dealextreme and it also has an Smoore logo on it.

Maybe i'm missing something.

xMarlboroMan

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
What makes you say that? The ebay guy is selling his M201 at $46.55.

The cart packaging and mouth piece are also different from that of dealextreme and it also has an Smoore logo on it.

Maybe i'm missing something.

Ya, I realize the mouth piece is different, however, I have yet to see any other ecig with that mouth piece either. I was merely going off the pictures of the packaging and close ups of the atomizer and battery.

There is no way to tell for sure what model it is unless someone gets one, but now they are "sold out" on dealextreme, so we may never know.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
That e-cig has been sold out for at least 6 months. It is not standard pen style but some frankenstein mod.
The m401 lookalikes are the real thing.
I have some doubts m201 atomizer being better than the generics since they were so good already but the battery ought to be better.

I purchased an M-201 from absolutlyecigs.
What a piece of junk.
One battery went bad after 4 days. I can't always get a consistant hit from the thing. The one working battery is having problems also. One moment it works fine, the next time it won't turn on. Seems to be a battery to atomizer connection?
Easy to overfill, liquid leaks out... messy.
The drawn is very hard, like sucking a thick milk shake through a straw.
I have found this model to be un-realiable. I do not recomend.

Last edited:

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
What a piece of junk.
One battery went bad after 4 days. I can't always get a consistant hit from the thing. The one working battery is having problems also. One moment it works fine, the next time it won't turn on. Seems to be a battery to atomizer connection?

Sounds like you might of gotten a bad unit. They come with 1 year guarantee BTW.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
It looks like the 801 I bought from gifts from heaven. I bought an 801 and 901. the 901 is good but the 801 sucks. very little vapor rom the 801.
801 atomizers require quite alot of abusing until they wake up. What I sometimes do is to hook it to a li-ion cell and take couple drags like that. After that they work fine. Thicker types of liquids might not so well with these though.

imsewsure

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
What a piece of junk.

I have one that I also purchased from absolutelyecigs and I love it. I've only had it about a month, though, so I may be cussing it next week but up to this point, all of my original batteries and atomizers are still going strong.

I do agree that the liquid seems to leak out easily, drips down the side of the cartridge but I just wipe it off when I top off my carts. Guess I assumed all PVs did that. I also thought, maybe, it was cheaper liquids (more watered down).

imsewsure

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
LOL...I recently did a Ruyan order and decided to get another battery for my M201. The only pen-style batteries they had, though, were for the 801 so I got one because it looked the same. I was wrong, unfortunately. It's kind of funny because it works somewhat, but that "sucking a thick milk shake through a straw" feeling is happening. I compared the two and noticed that there are no holes in the 801 battery for air to flow.

V

vaporhead

I have 4 201's from absolutely ecigs and all have worked great for the month that I have had them....except the one I just received (ordered 3 month ago and just ordered a 4th). The one I just received has 2 defective batteries. They don't hold a charge very well and they both just stop responding periodically. They'll "wake back up" after a few minutes of not using them but all the other batteries I haev don't have this issue. I've emailed them and they said I could either send it back for repair at my expense or they would replace them at no charge with my next order. Fair enough for me I guess since I have other batteries to use but if those were the only batteries I had I would be pretty upset about it.

I haevn't had any problems from any of the products purchased from absolutely ecigs except these 2 batteries....I have bought 4 201's and 4 401's. The reason I have so many of each is because my wife and I use them constantly and wanted to make sure we had enough batteries and chargers around, along with a few spare atty's.

The cart leaking issue with the 201 is just part of it I guess. I just wipe off the excess when I top off as well. It seems to happen more with thinner liquids, and is worse right after you have been using it as the liquid gets thinner when you heat it up alot.

I have only tried the 201 and 401 styles of ecigs so far but am pretty much sold on the 201. Plenty of vapor and seams to be reliable...so far anyway.

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
Whats the bottom line here? Is the M201 worth it or should I order the DSE 801? I don't mind juice leaking down the side of the cart,which always happens on my e-cigars,but never have had a e=cigar leak juice to the point where it gets past the mouth piece and into my mouth.The carts look similar and would not think its possible. Does this happen or not?
Which one has the easiest draw?

seadooman

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
socal
What a piece of junk.

Closet Toker
Which pen style do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread