• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

anyone making their own juice in japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunk

Aug 9, 2013
japan
anyone? anyone at all?

i've had a quick google and it looks like PG and VG can be had online for fairly cheap. it looks like the decent stuff too, not the industrial stuff, but i'd have to check again,.. last time i checked it was just a cursory glance while entertaining the thought of making my own.

anyone fancy giving it a shot?

i'm going to look into procuring the ingredients locally,... getting the nicotine is probably the biggest hurdle.

Glocknine

Jun 12, 2013
Shizuoka, Japan
you have to buy the nicotine overseas! I am making my own juice now but all of the ingredients were bought from healthcabin, at first I was hesitant that customs will seized my eliquid orders, so i ordered 4x 30ml 0nic first then 8x 30ml with 6-12mg nic and surprisingly I never had a problem so I went on and ordered 30x unflavored pg/vg liquid plus 2x 115ml pure nic and some flavorings and it arrived at my doorstep without hassle!

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
I would hope that one day, when someone's shipment of juice gets turned away, they ask what rule was violated and get that section of the law so we can all see it and know it actually exists. "Personal Use" is a much easier term than "One Month Supply" and far less subjective. I've heard both on this forum and have even used them myself. But I think they use for "personal use" only rule. But I have not seen the actual law referred to here with a varifiable link.
So, if anyone's shipment is actually turned away or questioned, please ask them (nicely of course) to show you the rule and get a copy if the section or a reference for us to look at.

Fantasio

Dec 7, 2013
Yokohama
According to what I read on japanese forums, because it contains nicotine, it's considered as a "medicine product", which follows those rules concerning personal import (in japanese):
ˆã–ò•i“™‚̌l—A“ü‚ɂ‚¢‚ābŒú¶˜J“­È
so the law says just "one month supply"
That is why it's vague, because they don't mention about a particular product, it's should be according to that person needs.

According to this page ( ¸Ä¿ÍÍ¢Æþ¤Îή¤ì - ÅŻҥ¿¥Ð¥³ Wiki* ), if customs keep your juice for any reason, you should receive a postcard, then you have to contact them to explain why you need it, then they let it go thru most of the time.
I would say the best way to be sure to get the amount you ordered would be to have a medical prescription saying you need that amount for one month use for your "stop smoking treatment".

gmrunner

Nov 9, 2013
Japan
The ecig companies in the US would die if Drs. here started writing scrips. They have tried so hard to keep make sure people do not use the term smoking cessation or nicotine replacement therapy in order to keep the FDA off their back.
This is just ridiculous though. What Japan decides to do, doesn't have an affect on what the US will end up doing. Japanese Tobacco (w/ the help of their corrupt politicians) has already crushed the ecig industry in Japan well enough that you can't even make the same comparison to the US. There was the other thread that had a comment about JT selling Ecig stuff, but I still didn't see that as embracing the Ecig industry because they were selling electronic herb vaporizers for their tobacco.

If a scrip could save you the hassle of dealing with customs. I'd get it. That said, I've imported 500ml of 48mg nic before with no problem and have been doing DIY for awhile now.

To the comments about PG and VG dillutants. I think you can just get regular glycerin here in Japan. Its sold at most drug stores, but I'd like to hear other people's comments on using it. For PG, I found this drug store that sells generic PG you can buy. Here is Glycerin from the same store.

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
I don't think it's entirely true. Japan is follower nation. JT may have a lock down on ecigs, but for how long? Japan will follow the WHO when it comes to a decision and the WHO doesn't know what to do yet. OR If the FDA regulates it much the same way tobacco is regulated, then you won't be able to get juice with nic exported, because tobacco can not be exported or imported.
Think of how the big publishing companies tried long and hard to keep amazon and apple from selling ebooks, they eventually embraced them and the government allowed for the sale.
It takes time, but so does everything in Japan. The government or big JT will come around or it will be banned outright. It will not stay in limbo like it is. As it gets more popular and used around the world, the Japanese governments is going to have to deal with it.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
The ecig companies in the US would die if Drs. here started writing scrips. They have tried so hard to keep make sure people do not use the term smoking cessation or nicotine replacement therapy in order to keep the FDA off their back.

Yup, the moment you claim anything therapeutic they'll pounce on you. Folks did get away from nicotine by switching to vaping and then gradually reducing, but that's their choice and the advantage of vaping. FDA and their cronies would like to lure us into that trap.
Isn't gonna work. Smoking to vaping nic is like switching from whisky to vodka. Still got the alcohol, but fewer hangovers ;)

gmrunner

Nov 9, 2013
Japan
It takes time, but so does everything in Japan. The government or big JT will come around or it will be banned outright. It will not stay in limbo like it is. As it gets more popular and used around the world, the Japanese governments is going to have to deal with it.
Japan has a long way to come on this though. Anti-Smoking campaigns aren't even a thing here really. You can still smoke in many public places here, and I can say I've never seen someone using an ecig here. But I don't think anyone has to worry because Japan hates banning anything outright. They love their "limbo laws" or laws that are only half there/grey area. Also, as long as there aren't any major campaigns pushing for ecigs and showing up on variety shows or in newspapers. I can't see how it'll swing in our favor either.

Mab74

Dec 10, 2013
Tokyo - Japan
This is just ridiculous though. What Japan decides to do, doesn't have an affect on what the US will end up doing. Japanese Tobacco (w/ the help of their corrupt politicians) has already crushed the ecig industry in Japan well enough that you can't even make the same comparison to the US. There was the other thread that had a comment about JT selling Ecig stuff, but I still didn't see that as embracing the Ecig industry because they were selling electronic herb vaporizers for their tobacco.

If a scrip could save you the hassle of dealing with customs. I'd get it. That said, I've imported 500ml of 48mg nic before with no problem and have been doing DIY for awhile now.

To the comments about PG and VG dillutants. I think you can just get regular glycerin here in Japan. Its sold at most drug stores, but I'd like to hear other people's comments on using it. For PG, I found this drug store that sells generic PG you can buy. Here is Glycerin from the same store.

Quite a good online shop link you gave us!

I use to buy the glycerine (100% vegetable) in "tree of life" shop that you can find easily. Here is the link of their website:

mbottema

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Skytree, Sumida-ku Tokyo
Japan has a long way to come on this though. Anti-Smoking campaigns aren't even a thing here really. You can still smoke in many public places here, and I can say I've never seen someone using an ecig here. But I don't think anyone has to worry because Japan hates banning anything outright. They love their "limbo laws" or laws that are only half there/grey area. Also, as long as there aren't any major campaigns pushing for ecigs and showing up on variety shows or in newspapers. I can't see how it'll swing in our favor either.
I agree that it will take a "sponsor", like a famous talent or celebrity to talk about it first. But I have seen a little bit of progress. The ploom is a big leap and while it still uses tobacco, it is something that will have people thinking about options.
I have so many friends that had huge collections of manga, who are now tossing them because they now can get them on their iPad and kindle.
As soon as people start looking into the options and more Japanese travel abroad only to find that vaping is the only acceptable way to "smoke" in public places, they will bring them home. I have already seen reports on news about the vaping craze sweeping the US with Japanese reporters talking to US vapors about their experience and why they switched.
We all have a part to play, I have seen people smoking ecigs. Because I have introduced them to it and I have helped them get started. Hopefully they will pass it along.
I am very hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread