disappointed in the copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
I got a brand new round copper, and I'm a bit disappointed in the 3.6v operation. not much vapor, mediocre flavor in comparison to my normal kr8's. the 6v is a bit too much though, I just took a hit from a hilton premium carto 11mg and damn near died. I took a hit from a normal carto that has TV atomic cinnicide in it, and it tastes burnt. damn. krap. not what I was hoping for. I guess I'll look around, or get that chuck I was planning on. I might even sell this to try to re-coup some of my funds. poo. I vape all night on a 5v PT, so I am a bit familiar with hv stuff. dangit.. this is worse than when you have high hopes for a new juice, and it tastes like the south end of a horse going northbound.

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
well, I'm gonna give it a few days, but I doubt I'll be using this as a 6v pv. I've tried 2 or 3 different cartos and they all taste burnt. I haven't tried a brand new one fresh outta the bubblepack, but I will tomorrow morning. I gotta go to sleep, a co-worker called in sick the last 3 days, so I get to work tomorrow, cause they're afraid he'll be sick. blah. working on my only day off in a week sucks.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I was disappointed with my Copper, as well. I didn't like the switching mechanism, and within a month the thing would activate on it's own if held horizontally (I think the weight of the stem was causing it to tilt downwards, and make unintentional contact inside). I'm sure it was just a worn or weak spring, and the supplier would have fixed it, but by then I wanted something else and didn't want to bother with it.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
I love mine, I have the round one also and using 2 CR2 batts (which are
not my favorites), so I am vaping at 6V.
The CR2 batts I have in mine are disposible, and they are still going strong after 2 days, so that aint bad. Got some re-chargable ones on order!

In fact, this is so far my 2nd favorite HV PV after the Prodigy V2.

The draw is just like I like it, not too "airy", you get some "resistance" when sucking on it, and I get a LOT of vapor.

I like this PV much better than the Silver Bullet (which I sold).

But I agree with you guys about the damn switch.
I can not get the hang of pushing in on it with my mouth, it's just very
awkward to say the least. What a dumb design!! :nah:
So while I love the vapor I get, this is a "two hand" operation!!
I push the stupid atty down with the thumb and finger of my left hand
while holding the unit in my right.

Should be getting my "Chuck" and my "Super 6" next week :p

So in the end, I will hopefully find my "holy grail" of PV's :)

I've had my Copper for about a month now and love it! I'm using it at 6V and the vapor is insane, but it uses A LOT of juice and the 510 attys only last a little over a week. I've found if you put some electrical tape over the atty to keep it from getting hot, you just use your pointer finger and thumb to activate it. I love mine!

mrjaguar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
simi valley, ca
I have a 510 with a kr808 adapter, and I have tested several different cartos on it. I think it's getting better, or maybe I'm just getting more used to less vapor. yeah, I've noticed it seems to use more juice than standard kr8 batteries. I'd try a 510 atty if I had one, but no gots. grumble. grumble. I could see the spring wearing out and it turning on while on its side. I'm still deliberating a chuck or a 5v mod. I REALLY like 5v, so I'm leaning a bit towards something other than a chuck.

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
I have a 510 with a kr808 adapter, and I have tested several different cartos on it. I think it's getting better, or maybe I'm just getting more used to less vapor. yeah, I've noticed it seems to use more juice than standard kr8 batteries. I'd try a 510 atty if I had one, but no gots. grumble. grumble. I could see the spring wearing out and it turning on while on its side. I'm still deliberating a chuck or a 5v mod. I REALLY like 5v, so I'm leaning a bit towards something other than a chuck.

I'd try an Xhaler if I were you... it uses the 2 CR123 3v batts but has a resistor cap at the end that cuts the voltage down to something closer to 5v... from the tests I saw the creator doing on a video, it did look like the resistor cap was knocking the voltage down to 5.4 on fresh batts... and it is definitely stronger than my PT... but after the batt volts settle down a bit, it vapes like a 5v PT...

I've had mine for 4 months now, and I use it exclusively... it's completely replaced my 3.7 batts AND my PT...

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I got a brand new round copper, and I'm a bit disappointed in the 3.6v operation. not much vapor, mediocre flavor in comparison to my normal kr8's. the 6v is a bit too much though, I just took a hit from a hilton premium carto 11mg and damn near died. I took a hit from a normal carto that has TV atomic cinnicide in it, and it tastes burnt. damn. krap. not what I was hoping for. I guess I'll look around, or get that chuck I was planning on. I might even sell this to try to re-coup some of my funds. poo. I vape all night on a 5v PT, so I am a bit familiar with hv stuff. dangit.. this is worse than when you have high hopes for a new juice, and it tastes like the south end of a horse going northbound.
Have you tried a HV atty on it? I hear that a HV atty does tame the beast because of the higher resistance.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
Have you tried a HV atty on it? I hear that a HV atty does tame the beast because of the higher resistance.

Very true, but you also get less vapor production as a result.

I find my 2.2 ohm 510's do last on 5V PV's if I am careful not to let them get too hot. I just take short, small puffs, which is all you need to get a huge cloud of vapor on a 5V device :)

But, if you are using a true 6V PV, you NEED a HV atty.

sadtranz

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Ashford Kent
Very true, but you also get less vapor production as a result.

I find my 2.2 ohm 510's do last on 5V PV's if I am careful not to let them get too hot. I just take short, small puffs, which is all you need to get a huge cloud of vapor on a 5V device :)

But, if you are using a true 6V PV, you NEED a HV atty.

Just a question are all your 510's 2.2 ohms just got 4 today and they all read 3 ohms and yes i did deduct for leads, seems strange lots of people say 510's are 2.2 to 2.5 ohms, any info?

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
Just a question are all your 510's 2.2 ohms just got 4 today and they all read 3 ohms and yes i did deduct for leads, seems strange lots of people say 510's are 2.2 to 2.5 ohms, any info?

Yes, they are supposed to be about 2.2 to 2.4 ohms.
Either they sent you the HV 510 by mistake, or your meter is out of calibration.
Read the instructions for your meter and see if there is a calibration
proceedure.
Did you turn the atty upside down, put the + prob in the little hole
and the - prob on the threads?
Since they look the same, I put my HV 510's in a labeled plastic bag
to keep them seperate, and prefer not to use them for any PV with
<6V output.

tunabubblegum

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Maryland, USA
BTW, I have had the original CR2 batts in my Copper now for over
a week and they are still going strong.
However, I am not using it all the time, my Prodigy is my main PV,
so I may only take 1 or 2 analog cig's worth of puffs on it a day.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the batt life as well as the shear
amount of vapor I get. Almost as much vapor as my Prodigy with fresh
batts!! :)

I do HATE this damn "push in" switch though!! :mad:
One handed operation is a bit of a challenge for me!! very awkward!

sadtranz

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Ashford Kent
Yes, they are supposed to be about 2.2 to 2.4 ohms.
Either they sent you the HV 510 by mistake, or your meter is out of calibration.
Read the instructions for your meter and see if there is a calibration
proceedure.
Did you turn the atty upside down, put the + prob in the little hole
and the - prob on the threads?
Since they look the same, I put my HV 510's in a labeled plastic bag
to keep them seperate, and prefer not to use them for any PV with
<6V output.

Been looking into it and found out i have SLB 510's which are 3ohm it's the Joye that are 2.3ohm :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread