Your nicotine only experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
What I mean by that is, do you vapers feel you're getting as much of a high from vaping as when you smoked tobacco, if indeed, you ever smoked tobacco.

I've learned that the other chemicals in tobacco apparently add to the effect of nicotine. Whenever I smoked roll ups, in particular, the first one of the day or the first one after a few hours of not smoking, it would go to my head and make me feel woozy, which I enjoyed.

Started vaping this week and haven't smoked since tuesday. Tbh, I haven't really craved for a roll up that much which is excellent as I definitely am getting a nicotine fix. I have two clearomisers on the go at the moment, swapping between 18mg dekang blueberry flavour and 24mg dekang tobacco flavour.

BUT, I don't really feel I'm getting that light headed buzz, that RUSH, that tobacco gave me, even on 24mg. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I do miss that part of real tobacco. Am I alone with this or have others experienced the same? When I started vaping, I thought and hoped nicotine is all that is needed. I don't feel I'll go back to smoking as vaping is quite satisfying for me at the moment, much more so than I thought it would be. But it's a pity that some of the buzz I was used to and enjoyed for the past 38 years would seem to be partly due to the other crap chemicals in tobacco which I don't wish to contaminate my lungs with anymore. I often wonder if this is just psychological simply because I'm not smoking a real lit tobacco cigarette, but I don't think it is, I'm pretty sure nicotine alone at probably any strength doesn't quite deliver all the high of a rollup or cigarette. True or false?

Last edited:
I noticed the same. The first cig in the morning was a real nic buzz, the first vape isn't and never has been, even when I was vaping 22 mg/ml.

I rather like that. I can do without the racing heart, ringing in the ears, and dizziness.

Actually, there's no real pressure for me to get the first vape in the morning, unlike the cigarette. I can puddle around, get dressed, and then finally pick it up. It's a desire, not a need.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
I noticed the same. The first cig in the morning was a real nic buzz, the first vape isn't and never has been, even when I was vaping 22 mg/ml.

I rather like that. I can do without the racing heart, ringing in the ears, and dizziness.

Actually, there's no real pressure for me to get the first vape in the morning, unlike the cigarette. I can puddle around, get dressed, and then finally pick it up. It's a desire, not a need.

That's a good way to look at it. And yes, you nailed it when you said 'racing heart'. I've not had that since vaping, and the racing heart is definitely something that is associated with the higher rush of tobacco.

I did notice that WTAs (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid liquids) were a touch buzzier than regular ones, but not very much. I'd say if you were looking for the buzz, it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't make a large dollar outlay as it's probably not going to do it for you.

They still don't have the racing heart thing, which both of us dislike anyway. They did supply...something...that helped me finally quit the cigarettes, and once I could go to just regular liquids, I did that.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
I did notice that WTAs (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid liquids) were a touch buzzier than regular ones, but not very much. I'd say if you were looking for the buzz, it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't make a large dollar outlay as it's probably not going to do it for you.

They still don't have the racing heart thing, which both of us dislike anyway. They did supply...something...that helped me finally quit the cigarettes, and once I could go to just regular liquids, I did that.

I didn't mind the racing heart tbh, it's just something that you reminded me happens because of the higher rush. Someone on another sub forum here said to me when I first joined and started vaping, "If you're looking for a "rush" then look into a dripping atomizer and put some of that 18mg liquid in it." Do you know if that holds any water (no pun intended :D), would it give me a better 'woozy' rush?

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Possibly. 18 never caused me any buzz no matter what I did. 22, now that gave me a buzz (but also sent me into nicotine overload with associated symptoms). But everybody differs, and a dripping atty is more likely to give you a good kick than anything else!

I need to look into a good dripper then. I'm vaping 24 at the moment, and yes, the throat kick is much stronger than the 18 and a slightly elevated feeling of nicotine in my system, but not much better than the 18. As the novelty of vaping is new to me, I think I'm taking more nicotine in than I probably normally do. With a rollup, it would start, then burn down and finish and I'd stub it out. But there's no finish to these vaping machines short of using up all the juice which I could never do in one continuous session, so I keep on vaping, lol.

Randyryansr

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
Marble Falls, Tx, USA
I used to be anxious for the first analog of the day, as in craving that "buzz". Now I find myself less anxious to go get a fix the first thing in the morning. I do, however, probably vape more than I smoked. I usually always have my pvd in my hand or close by.

Don't know if I'm getting more or less nicotine. I don't really notice a difference now that I've given up analogs. I was a 2 ~ 3 pack a day smoker with a couple of cigars thrown for good measure. I inhaled everything.

Personally I think I am much better off health wise now that I'm vaping.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
What I mean by that is, do you vapers feel you're getting as much of a high from vaping as when you smoked tobacco, if indeed, you ever smoked tobacco.

I've learned that the other chemicals in tobacco apparently add to the effect of nicotine. Whenever I smoked roll ups, in particular, the first one of the day or the first one after a few hours of not smoking, it would go to my head and make me feel woozy, which I enjoyed.

Started vaping this week and haven't smoked since tuesday. Tbh, I haven't really craved for a roll up that much which is excellent as I definitely am getting a nicotine fix. I have two clearomisers on the go at the moment, swapping between 18mg dekang blueberry flavour and 24mg dekang tobacco flavour.

BUT, I don't really feel I'm getting that light headed buzz, that RUSH, that tobacco gave me, even on 24mg. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I do miss that part of real tobacco. Am I alone with this or have others experienced the same? When I started vaping, I thought and hoped nicotine is all that is needed. I don't feel I'll go back to smoking as vaping is quite satisfying for me at the moment, much more so than I thought it would be. But it's a pity that some of the buzz I was used to and enjoyed for the past 38 years would seem to be partly due to the other crap chemicals in tobacco which I don't wish to contaminate my lungs with anymore. I often wonder if this is just psychological simply because I'm not smoking a real lit tobacco cigarette, but I don't think it is, I'm pretty sure nicotine alone at probably any strength doesn't quite deliver all the high of a rollup or cigarette. True or false?

Danny, I think you answered your own question. Vaping does not create the same "buzz" as smoking because analogs have all of those other chemicals in them. Try an experiment. Buy some organic tobacco, some papers, some filters, and a cheapo Top rolling machine. Smoke those for a few days and see if you feel that same buzz as what you were smoking before. I think you will find that you still have withdrawals even if you smoke a PAD+ of the natural / organic stuff. I did. Question: Are you, in your mind, truly done with the stinkies? It soesn't sound to me like you are. No offense, but it just doesn't sound to me like you are ready. I took up vaping because I knew that I would have withdrawals when I quit smoking. I wanted something to take my mind off of them. Quitting smoking imlplies that the buzz will go with it. You really should stop trying to duplicate it. Have a couple of brewskies with your vape to get the buzz. (Only kidding. I do not support alcoholism)

The whole point of quitting smoking is to get rid of it's unhealthy implications. And my heart racing and feeling it pounding through my chest wall 40 times a day every time I lit up? Yeah - I figure it was probably a good idea that's gone. And no - I don't miss it.

Exactly.

zero high for me.

Same here. I had that for the 1st 2 weeks when I started the analogs 30 years ago when I was in college. It started as a legal way to catch a buzz in public. I used to complain because it went away after I smoked for a few months. Felt like BT hooked me by giving me that buzz at first, and then pulling it out of the deal after I had "signed on". Haven't gotten a buzz off of analogs in 29 years and 2 months.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Danny, I think you answered your own question. Vaping does not create the same "buzz" as smoking because analogs have all of those other chemicals in them. Try an experiment. Buy some organic tobacco, some papers, some filters, and a cheapo Top rolling machine. Smoke those for a few days and see if you feel that same buzz as what you were smoking before. I think you will find that you still have withdrawals even if you smoke a PAD+ of the natural / organic stuff. I did. Question: Are you, in your mind, truly done with the stinkies? It soesn't sound to me like you are. No offense, but it just doesn't sound to me like you are ready. I took up vaping because I knew that I would have withdrawals when I quit smoking. I wanted something to take my mind off of them. Quitting smoking imlplies that the buzz will go with it. You really should stop trying to duplicate it. Have a couple of brewskies with your vape to get the buzz. (Only kidding. I do not support alcoholism)

I don't think it's a particularly clever idea to encourage someone trying to give up smoking to try a test by smoking tobacco. :D
I agree that I should stop trying to duplicate analogues, but now I understand why it's not possible to duplicate them.
Give me a chance though, I've only been quit smoking analogues for a week, so obviously I'm going to miss them for a while. So I don't think it's fair to say that's indication I'm not ready to quit them. But vaping has made it REALLY easy for me to stay off them, the week has flown by. Had I tried to just quit cold turkey, the week would have dragged on. So I have confidence I can stay off the analogues. But for a few days I've decided to stay off vaping from today as the nicotine, or something from vaping is irritating a sore on my tongue and making it worse. So staying off vaping and no tobacco either, will be a little challenging for my willpower.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I don't think it's a particularly clever idea to encourage someone trying to give up smoking to try a test by smoking tobacco. :D
    I agree that I should stop trying to duplicate analogues, but now I understand why it's not possible to duplicate them.
    Give me a chance though, I've only been quit smoking analogues for a week, so obviously I'm going to miss them for a while. So I don't think it's fair to say that's indication I'm not ready to quit them. But vaping has made it REALLY easy for me to stay off them, the week has flown by. Had I tried to just quit cold turkey, the week would have dragged on. So I have confidence I can stay off the analogues. But for a few days I've decided to stay off vaping from today as the nicotine, or something from vaping is irritating a sore on my tongue and making it worse. So staying off vaping and no tobacco either, will be a little challenging for my willpower.

There's info in ECF's sub-forum on Health that deals with mouth sores and such.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
    Nov 6, 2013
    Maryland Chesapeake Bay
    Based on the fact that you put a smiley in your reply, I think you understand that I didn't really want you to try that... Just try not to set yourself up for failure trying to get vaping to duplicate every aspect of smoking. It can't. By no means was I trying to discourage you. I hope that you stay off of them forever. The point that I was trying to make is, vaping is different than smoking and we should embrace the differences. There are things we have to give up, but we get different things in return. Like better health, better flavor, etc.. Just no buzz ;(

Australe

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2014
    Dover, DE, USA
    Considering the fact that the first cigarette of the day for years by the time I was 3/4 of the way through I was gagging I don't miss it. Now I have noticed since vaping full time that I have been WIRED. Like get up and go for a run. Happy, full of feeling awesome. Brain function improved also. Knocked more out at work yesterday in one day than sometimes gets accomplished in two days.

Morning routine used to go as follows:

Wake up, avoid every single living organism until I hit the shower with a lip full of chew.
    Stand in shower as nicotine rushed into my bloodstream, and I began to really wake up.
    Cup of coffee, dressed, and at least some what sociable..

Now I am waking up and not trying to avoid nearly as many things (people or animals), and I don't feel the need for nicotine. However, it is a welcome treat in the morning, but usually my first vape waits until I am dressed (or most of the way there) which by then, I have talked to my fiancee, answered emails, and probably did something with one of our cats..

She has told me on a few occasions I am not nearly as grumpy in the mornings as I used to be, and I wake up feeling better. I used to wake up in a haze, until I got to my can of chew, but now I wake up and am ready to go. Granted, I still wake up groggy, but not nearly as terrible as it was.

I never really got a "rush" or "head buzz" I attribute that to my two can a day habit, along with working at a cigar shop for two and a half years (and smoking cigars all day long). It wasn't a shock, nor was I expecting that to change when I switched to vapeing. All vaping does for me is get rid of my craving, and tastes delicious. (RY4 from Vapor Bank YUM)

Last edited:

Sticky4King

Jan 24, 2014
    Brighton IL
    That's why they are pushing for ecigs to be off the market, it not only is causing the government to lose their precious tax dollars to the buzz we got from the chemicals in analogs. I smoked multiple different "products" mostly because I enjoy smoking, like growing up as a kid it was fun to breath out clouds from the cold weather. I'm working down to 0 nicotine and am currently at 6, I probably will keep smoking 0nicotine as long as my wallet allows me to. There's just something about spitting clouds of smoke that is more enjoyable than smoking horribly tasting and smelling cigarettes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CabinetGuyScott

ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2014
    Detroit
    customcabinetsbycasey.com
    I feel exactly the same way.

With t-burners, it was well accepted that no should get in my way first thing in the morning: clear the path to the coffee pot and hold the door open for Dad!

If there happens to be one of tanks laying nearby, I might grab a quit hit, but otherwise, it could some time before I go in search of one.

The anxiety just isn't nearly so strong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread