aspire vivi nova BDC tank, my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

betterthanyou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
southern california
Just got my vivi nova BDC and can't recommend it enough. I've previously used a few different clearos: innokin iclears, protank 2, kanger t3s and this is by far the best clearo I've ever used. Using it on an evic v2.

Bottom dual coil and comes with 1.8ohm coils built in. Was amazed as soon as I fired it up... no gurgling sounds, no leaking, and a healthy crackling noise as it heats up the juice. The first thing I noticed was that I could vape at a high wattage without any burnt taste whatsoever. I tried vaping between 7-10.5 watts and even in the higher wattage range I noticed no burnt taste. The protank 2 and kanger t3s throw off a burnt taste in these high VW/VV ranges.

I'm assuming because of the extra surface area of the coils I get huge amounts of vapor with this clearo. It's a huge improvement over the iclear/protank/t3. Great flavor that doesn't taste as muted as with the other clearos I've tried. These seem really well built. Can't recommend these enough. I would never use another clearo after trying these. I've heard some people see a need to adjust the bottom contact points of the coils, I didn't need to do this.

Just my experience. I'm somewhat new at this so I apologize if my review appears novice.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
If the taste quality of the Aspire was the same across the board, it'd be an automatic first-step for virtually anyone - but as more posts keep coming out, there's a mystery going on as to why some are getting such awful tastes from the thing. If you are getting good flavors, keep ordering from the same vendor - I ordered mine from a vendor on the east coast and had a really bad review for this device. With that vendor having the most expensive prices for the device, I'd recommend everyone to buy from the ones who, for better or worse, with honest information on the product's production history or not, simply are selling it cheaper.

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Well I think a lot of the difference is due to the way a person actually vapes. Their technique if you will. It could be a manufacturing issue but they are to new for generic heads to be out yet.They one I have and the one a friend of mine has bought at the same time from the same place are working like they should and to me it seems there is a break in period with these coils. I know that I let mine sit a good while before vapping it and I also put a couple drops down on the coils themselves to assist the wicking proccess. Some devices can actually cause airflow issues also like to much then not enough liquid will get pulled into the atomizer chamber. To little then to much will get pulled in. I'm waiting on the davide dual coil glassomizer to arrive to compare the two. I am also comsidering the pro tank 3 as well. I'll post my results later.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Before moving to a Kayfun I used the Aspire setups, they are fantastic and never missed a beat, performing flawlessly...I would highly recommended them to anyone just starting out, zero maintience required, big vapor for this style tank and great flavor...if rebuildables didn't exist I'd be using Aspire clearos daily.... It really doesn't get any easier.

i purchased all all my Aspire goods from Stormys Vapor Cellar, an outstanding vendor.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
When I first got mine I was at the same time pleased and not pleased.

Before the Aspires I was only using carto tank set ups. I also have used a PT2, which I didn't like too much.

The aspire does put out a lot of vapor, but it is a cooler vapor than cartos. It has good flavor but it is a different flavor. I have loaded up a few complex flavor mixes in both the Aspire and carto tank, and they taste different. Each system brought out different flavors from the same ejuice. So that is interesting. Just takes some getting used to. I like the flavor of certain juices better in the Aspire. Some in the carto tanks better.

I am having a few of the problems others have reported.

A few of my coils would not fire on
My mod without a lot of fiddling around. Inconsistent. Most coils work fine right out of the box.

The other problem I have experienced was that the coil gurgled and spit hot juice when the tank gets low. At about 1/3 filled or at the level where the coil meets the upper tube. This doesn't always happen. But it has happened often enough to make me think it is a normal issue with these BDC coils. Again. Just something to get used to.

The other thing that bugs me a bit is that you can't fill the tank all the way up. Because of the inner tube you can only fill it about 2/3 full. SO with the gurgling at 1/3 full and only being able to fill 2/3 full, you can only Vape 1/3 the juice in the tank before having to refill. That is a lot more fiddling than with a carto tank. Another adjustment to make.

The one thing I really like is how easy it is to clean the coils. Soak in alcohol for a while. Soak in hot or boiling water for a bit. Air dry. Ready to go again. Nice.

I also think the Vivi Nova Pyrex version of these Aspires look great on my Provari mini. The size matches perfectly with the top cap without a beauty ring.

I am going to keep the Aspires in
My daily rotation with my carto tanks. They do require a bit more fiddling but the Vape is pleasing and I like how they look.

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

abandonhope

Mar 30, 2013
SC
I also think the Vivi Nova Pyrex version of these Aspires look great on my Provari mini. The size matches perfectly with the top cap without a beauty ring.

You are still able to get proper airflow on a Provari? On my mini I get a little bit of airflow but at that point the Aspire is more loose than I like. I am thinking of taking a dremel to the bottom of it for some Protank-like airflow channels.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
You are still able to get proper airflow on a Provari? On my mini I get a little bit of airflow but at that point the Aspire is more loose than I like. I am thinking of taking a dremel to the bottom of it for some Protank-like airflow channels.

Yes I do. Sometimes I loosen it just a bit, a quarter turn maybe.

But I would think cutting an air channel to the bottom plate of the Aspire is a fine idea. The only thing is, if you make it too much, then you cant alter, or adjust it.

Let us know how that works.

Dustbuster

Sep 21, 2013
Ottawa
I just got my aspire vivi today ( yay vapemail!) Along with a box of coils and so far I'm very happy with it. My all day vape is juicy clear raspberry tobacco, lately I've been primarily using iclears but I think I might have a new favorite tank. The flavor seems to be more pronounced and complex in this new tank, although the coil in the iclear is over 2 months old and I think it's on its way out so it may not be a fair comparison. I'll have to throw a new coil on the iclear and do a proper comparison. Either way though, happy with the aspire. I usually don't like bottom coil tanks as I find the flavor too muted but the extra coil in the aspire definitely kicks up the flavor a notch, and the vapor is a lot warmer than it is in my protanks and evods. I definitely recommend the aspire. Easy to use, well built, great vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread