Question for those who think we should not vape where we can not smoke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Are you aware that smoking restrictions are getting increasingly draconian?
I can only imagine this fact has at some point come to your attention.

Sometimes it seems that perhaps some of you don't mind or don't care.
I hope I'm wrong, but as I said, it does sometimes seem that way.

So, do you also support the idea of not being able to vape in public parks and on public beaches?
The Real Motivation Behind Park And Beach Smoking Bans - Forbes

With the achievement of smoke-free environments in most indoor or enclosed settings, increasingly restrictions on smoking have been extended to parks, malls, and beaches. The number of bans on smoking in parks grew steadily from 0 in 1993 to over 843 in 2010. Similarly, the number of bans affecting beaches across the US went from 0 in 1995 to 150 in 2010.

How about bans that include entire college campuses, including the parking lot in your own car?
Or entire hospital campuses, including the parking lot in your own car?

Or are you willing to concede those injustices as well?

And if so, does that include also these restrictions?
Or is that where you will finally draw a line?

Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing
Additional Resources to Help You Implement Smokefree Housing Policies | ChangeLab Solutions
How Landlords Can Prohibit Smoking in Rental Housing | ChangeLab Solutions
How to Make a Condo Complex Smokefree | ChangeLab Solutions
Creating Smokefree Policies for Affordable Housing in California | ChangeLab Solutions

This is not a rhetorical question.

I really want to know where those of you who ascribe to this "do not vape where you can not smoke" philosophy stand on these questions.
And more importantly, I want to know if you are prepared to fight against the entire idea of equating vaping to smoking.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I am prepared to fight this fight, DC...I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

This question was clearly not directed at me since I reject the premise that vaping should only be done where smoking is permitted.

I believe in vaping in any public place where it is not prohibited under the right circumstances.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Thank you DC2! :thumbs:

I am prepared to fight this fight, DC...I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

This question was clearly not directed at me since I reject the premise that vaping should only be done where smoking is permitted.

I believe in vaping in any public place where it is not prohibited under the right circumstances.

Thank you, EddardInWinter. Very well said indeed.

Do we have the invasion of the little-mouse vapers again who - mistakenly - believe that if they only never let anybody see them vaping, then, miraculously, nobody will ever object to them vaping, at all?

Haha! Wake up and smell the coffee, people!

There IS no Santa Claus! And there IS no "I will be good, and then you (ANTZ) will let me vape" deal.

Those antis are after your blood. They are after your life, your enjoyment of life and anything that they think you enjoy. Ever. And they are especially after your vaping - as this is in competition to Big Tobacco and Big Pharma - and it is endangering THEIR "job" security.
Because most of them are PAID to act that way. Yes, the Tobacco Control Industry has a lot of cushy jobs. And some of them - the little sheeple - are just looking for somebody to hate, to bully and to intimidate.

And nothing you can do.. no hiding.. no promises of "Oh I will vape only in my own basement" .. no fear and cowering... nothing will stop them.
Except strong opposition.

(Yes, I know what I am talking about. I know it very well. IF any of the little-mouse vapers have ever heard of the European Union, then google what that European Union is trying to do right now. Because Big Money PAYS them to do that. - And they will ruin my life over my dead body! )

Last edited:

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
I am under the belief that businesses have the absolute right to ban smoking/vaping in their establishment. I will not buycott a business because they don't allow vaping, but I may be more inclined to go somewhere else. I believe that the government ought to be allowed to ban smoking/vaping INDOORS in SOME locations.
Court house? No
Lecture hall? No
Designated vaping areas should be set up in hospitals. It should be heated and well ventilated, just so you don't have vaper drifting down the corridors.

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
I'm still all worked up over the fact that hundreds of millions of water heaters
are vaporizing this Nation and the insides of every single one of our homes and
the families are having to suffer the results every time they take a bath or
shower... Dang those city council people... where are they when you need
the protection from a boiling pot of coffee... NO ONE seems to care!!!

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I comply with legal restrictions on smoking that apply to e-cigarette use whether I agree with them or not. I really don't care if these laws were pushed by businesses, politicians of health advocates.

I fight the laws that I find unjust by communicating with people who can effect these changes. I don't feel strongly about it enough to do the civil disobedience thing or to go out holding a picket sign but I've done what I think is appropriate for me.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not sure how many of them there actually are...

Yes, I'm sure there are a few. But I can't remember anyone outright saying "If a pub / bar lets me vape there, it's still wrong to do it..."
I would like to believe you, and the questions I posed are not about decisions made by any given business, but...

Every time I get involved in one of these threads about where we should and should not vape, I find people saying we should not vape where we can not smoke.
Not just a few people, but lots and lots of them, and more and more every day.

And in most of those threads I post these same questions, and strangely, no one ever answers them.
So I am posting them again here, in their own thread for all to see.

I want to find out what these people have to say about these questions.
I want to find out if they care, and if so what they intend to do about it other than rolling over and letting "them" screw us once again.

Last edited:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Fair enough, and I'm not criticising you for posting the thread (despite my jab at how much fun Edd seems to have crying "Straw man!" every time I open my mouth... :) )

I'm sure they do exist, and I think it's an attitude that warrants discussion.

But I also think most of the time people say that we should only vape where smoking is permitted they're speaking imprecisely; using it as a kind of short-hand to mean they don't vape in places where it isn't permitted (at work, on the bus, etc etc...)

I can't speak for them, obviously. But it strikes me that I've never seen someone formulate it as precisely as "Even if I'm allowed to vape somewhere public, I won't", which indicates to me that not many actually think that (or if they do, they're very shy about thinking it, as well as their vaping...)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
But I also think most of the time people say that we should only vape where smoking is permitted they're speaking imprecisely; using it as a kind of short-hand to mean they don't vape in places where it isn't permitted (at work, on the bus, etc etc...)
This may be, but even if so, I would like to find out why they never answer these questions.
Because I don't remember even once seeing anyone who states the given philosophy ever answer even one such question.

Let alone what they think they ought to do about it.

Perhaps it causes too much cognitive dissonance.
Or perhaps they don't realize the facts of what we really face.

Basically, I'd just like to know what they are thinking, because I really don't get it.
:)

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I think that if its outside it shouldnt be legal to ban smoking...

My reason for this is that since youre outside the chance that innocent bystanders should inhale your smoke is very limited, and if someone were to inhale it, its their own damn fault for standing so close to another human!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I'm still all worked up over the fact that hundreds of millions of water heaters
are vaporizing this Nation and the insides of every single one of our homes and
the families are having to suffer the results every time they take a bath or
shower... Dang those city council people... where are they when you need
the protection from a boiling pot of coffee... NO ONE seems to care!!!

woohooooo! YES!!!! How about that horrible horrible vapor making whole families suffer? :lol:
There oughta be a law :lol:

And sorry DC2 if you have had to suffer an invasion of the little-mouse vapers.
I cannot support you much at the moment, I am literally fighting for my health and my life in Europe.
While the little-mouse vapers whine in the forum about vaping being sooo baaaaad.

Yeah. Let them whine. In Europe, we are fighting for our lives. And if Europe falls (which I most certainly hope not!) then they will have nothing to whine about. Because the FDA is watching closely. And will follow suit. And then there will BE no vapor. Also in the US.

.. and nice to see that some vaper from Europe has the time to bother pro-vape people here. While the rest of us are fighting. Also for HIS ability to vape. ....

edit:
Before somebody claims that I am exaggerating about fighting for my life:
The EU Commission (un-elected bureaucrats in the pay of Big Money) is currently attempting to ban vaping in Europe. All of Europe. For money from Big Industry. The same EU Commission claims that there are 700,000 deaths in Europe each year from smoking-related diseases. So they wish to ban vaping - and make darn sure that those 700,000 deaths will occur in future as well. For a fistful of dollars. In their pockets.

Tobacco is the single largest avoidable health risk in the EU, accounting for nearly 700 000 premature deaths each year.
source: http://ec.europa.eu/health/tobacco/introduction/index_en.htm
= those who want to make darn sure that those deaths continue

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I don't want to vape in the smoking section...it will stinky up my sweet, sweet clouds. That's why I stopped smoking in the first damn place.

My Lord, all the laws do is take away reason and accountability for people to use their common sense and a measure of respect.

We are being treated like a bunch of knuckle_bleeding apes that wouldn't know how to tie our shoes unless some jackass in Washington showed us.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Not sure how many of them there actually are...

Yes, I'm sure there are a few. But I can't remember anyone outright saying "If a pub / bar lets me vape there, it's still wrong to do it..."

(what would that make this thread then Edd? ;) )

I believe his thread is a question, is it not? In fact, he begs correction in his preamble. N0 straw man here.

There you go, strawmanning the use of the straw man tactic! You have taken it to a new level, GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread