Anyone using a Sophia with an IBTanked on their Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
After watching quite a few extremely positive reviews on the Sophia by Leo, I was convinced it was going to be my next purchase. I already have an IBTanked on the way, with a handful of Ikenvape cartos, but I have read posts where people have given up cartos all together, switching to the Sophia.
Long story short,my Sophia is on the way... I am excited to give it a whirl. Any pointers?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
Excellent, thx. I have a kayfun lite + on the way as well, but won't be home until the 30th to receive them.
Please let me know how they turn out. I have reach such good reviews on the sophia that people are actually shelving their kayfuns and sticking with the sophias.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
After watching quite a few extremely positive reviews on the Sophia by Leo, I was convinced it was going to be my next purchase. I already have an IBTanked on the way, with a handful of Ikenvape cartos, but I have read posts where people have given up cartos all together, switching to the Sophia.
Long story short,my Sophia is on the way... I am excited to give it a whirl. Any pointers?

The Sophia has a learning curve, but it's pretty short. :thumb: I'm vaping one in a 22mm SnP and another in a 22mm regular IBTanked, both on ProVaris. I have two more on the way... going to stick one in a 23mm SnP and the other in a 15mm IBTanked XL, both going on mech mods. If the Sophia works as well in my 15mm IBTanked as it works in my 22-23mm tanks, between the Sophia and Spheroid, I'm pretty sure my carto days are history. The best advice I can give right now is to watch as many YouTube videos as you can paying close attention to setup and use of juice control. One full turn open works for me with 50/50 juice, 1.5 turns works for my 100% VG juices. I just use the standard Silica setup running ~1.8Ω coils on my Sophias and have no problems wicking even the thickest juice. Make sure you adjust the airflow at the 510 end before you install the ceramic/coil assembly or you'll snap the NR wires. I just leave the airflow wide open. If you wrap your own and don't have a wire welder, get some NR-R-NR wires from Stormy's. They work very well and she ships super-fast. If you're rebuilding an existing ceramic, haven't worked with ceramics before and are wondering how to clean the scorched juice from the inside of the cup, grab the ceramic cup with a pair of pliers and hit it with a torch until it glows, blow off the dust and let it cool down on something non-flammable.

SOPHIA ATOMIZER FOR TANK By Leo - YouTube

The Sophia Atomizer by Leo - YouTube

Sophia by Leo - YouTube

Krint

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2013
Buffalo
I use mine in an ibtanked works well in there. I am only using the pre made coils right now so can't help with builds, but I wanted to mention that I was unable to open the juice flow so I had to put in the red oring that came with the sophia. After doing that it opened flawlessly I am going to put in an order for a few more so I will be done with cartos. I seem to have more fiddling with them then the sophia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
Like Seapup, I also am running a Sophia in an SnP, but the 23mm version with the ProVari ring. Also, I purchased ready-built 1.5 ohm NR-R-NR ribbon wires from Stormy's and wrap around a doubled 2mm silica wick. Check out Todd's review on YouTube for how to build. It's good, though not as good in the VTF as my Kayfun Lite Plus with microcoil/cotton. I'll have to get some regular kanthal ready wire and try a microcoil/cotton on it. When building it, just be careful of the center pin when it goes into the ceramic cup. The center pin is held in place with an o-ring or something similar, and has wiggle room so if your not centered and try to force the cup down, the pin could cracked and break the bottom of the cup. I unfortunately did this, so now I'm more careful of lining up the pin. :facepalm:

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
Oh wow. Thank you so very much! I am glad to see someone with the exact setup I am going for. I have been looking at SnP tanks,but I can't justify them due to price. Are they that much better than the IBTanks?
Do you buy your wick from stormy as well?

The IbTanked tanks are very good. The nice thing about the SnP, besides cosmetically being better looking, especially with the ProVari ring, is that they are a lot easier to fill. Just turn the top ring a little and you have two holes open into the tank: one for filling and one to release pressure due to the displacement of air from the filling.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
I ordered 3mm wick. Will that be too thick? I can always order 2mm, as its not terribly expensive.

Also, the wire from stormys, is it better than normal kanthal, or is it just pre cut?

I agree the SnP seems to be a better tank, I am just holding off until next month because I got so much vape mail this month. LoL.

Thanks again.

Dan Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
I ordered 3mm wick. Will that be too thick? I can always order 2mm, as its not terribly expensive.

Also, the wire from stormys, is it better than normal kanthal, or is it just pre cut?

I agree the SnP seems to be a better tank, I am just holding off until next month because I got so much vape mail this month. LoL.

Thanks again.

Stormy's ready wires are NR-R-NR pre-made for you. You choose what resistance you want. 45-50 for 9.99. Kanthal Ready Wires

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I've bought my Sohia's from both the House of Mods in the UK and from By Leo in Greece. Price works out pretty close to the same with shipping from either.

The first of my SnP tanks is on its way from Domo Vapor Co in Portland, OR. Quick and easy from an authorized US dealer that has a reputation for exceptional customer service. https://domovaporco.com/

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
There is a sister site, owned by the same people as By Leo, that also sell the Sophia.

GREEK-VAPES

After a bit of fiddling I am liking the sophia as much as my Kayfun lites, they both provide a really good vape.

Awesome. Both of those are in the mail to me as we speak. Eager to try them both out.

Now to find my very own SnP. He he.

cappy24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
remsenburg new york
i have my sophia about a month now on my mini provari...works awesome in my kir fanis tank but not in my SNP 23mm with provari ring...too finicky for me...I tried everything to get it to perform...so i might put it in the classies or just use it for cartos....but after the small learning curve of the sophia i can never go back to cartos....

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea

3mm will be very tight in the channels. 2mm works better. The 3mm cuts off some wicking action becasue it's too tight. You could take a dremel to the ceramic cup and widen the channels as some have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread