Question about iTaste VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikadze

Dec 27, 2013
Galveston,TX
Hello. I have a iTaste VTR for a 3 weeks and I have 3 month warranty.
I have a Effest 1600 mAh hidrain battery and TrustFire charger.
I changed already 2 battery and 1 time I change my VTR because I charge battery for 8-10 hours (night time) and its enough for my to vape just for 4-8 hourse. What can be a problem?
In VTR? Battery? Charger?
I really like this VTR.
Can you suggest me which kind of battery and charger is the best one to vape all day long or 2 days.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Who chose to use the Efest 1600 mAH battery for your VTR?

That's a high amp (30 amps) battery best suited for a mechanical mod using sub-ohm coils in a rebuildable atomizer. These batteries typically have a relatively low mAh rating (1600 mAh) meaning a shorter time of use between charges. This is not the best suited battery for the VTR. That many amps are going to waste in a VTR. You're wanting longer battery time (higher mAh).

Any of the 10 amp 18650 IMR or hybrid class batteries will have a larger mAh capacity and will last longer in a regulated (VV/VW) mod. Any of the following batteries will last longer than what you have:

AW IMR
18650 2000mah 10Amp

Panasonic ​or Orbtronic hybrid
CGR18650CH (IMR/hybrid) 2250mAh 10A
NCR18650PF 2900mAh 10A <--- :thumb:
NCR18650PD 2900mAh 10A <--- :thumb:
Orbtronic 18650 SX22 (hybrid) 2000mAh 22A
Orbtronic 18650 SX30 (hybrid) 2100mAh ​30A

Sanyo
UR18650EX 2000mAh 20A

Samsung hybrid
INR18650-22P 2200mAh 10A
INR18650-20R 2000mah 22A

Sony hybrid
us18650v3 IMR 2250mAh 10A
us18650vtc4 2100 mAh 30A

Efest IMR
18650 (IMR/hybrid) 2250mAh 10A
18650 2000mAh 10A

BATTERY BASICS FOR MODS

DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF MOD BATTERIES

Orbtronic and RTD Vapor are an excellent source for batteries and battery chargers for mods.

For excellent quality battery chargers consider the brands Pila, Xtar, & Nitecore Intellicharger.

Last edited:

Camikadze

Dec 27, 2013
Galveston,TX
Did I understand you correct?
The best one is Panasonic NRC18650PD 2800 mAh High Drain ?
I read something about battery meter and that in chargers is a big different too.
Can you suggest me a best charger or all of them is it the same?
I read one time about some charger what show then a battery is full charged.
(sorry for my ENG)

•how can I improve my VTR by getting better parts? IClear 30s of something like this?
What is the different between regular and 30s?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes, the PD or PF Panny's have the best specs of this class of battery with both high mAh and high drain capabilities.

If you want the best charger available, either the Pila or the Xtar VP-1.

The iClear 30 is the first generation (top coil). Iclear 30S is second generation (top coil). iClear 30b is the most recent (now bottom coiled). Arguably improvements with each generation

stephreyn

Dec 27, 2013
Hi, I also have a VTR, my battery lasts me all day and I probably vape a good amount. I'm using the efest 2000 mah and I have a nitecore charger, I always have a battery in the mod and one charging. The iclear 30s that comes with it is alright as is all the iclears, I personally put a kanger pro2 on mine and it vapes beautifully..I also have a 2.2 ohm coil in the kanger and usually run around 7-7.5 watts or the p on the vtr, if I bump it down my batt seems to last quite a bit longer..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I smoke on P9-9.5 and U4.8. I'm using 12 mg nicotine liquid . If I put settings down I don't feel enough satisfaction and nothing vapor.
Do you use pro2 with adaptor or it's fit fine?
The Kanger Protank came with a guide in its packaging explaining what voltage (V) or wattage (P) to set your mod to under what ohms (resistance rating) the coil heads are. These recommendations may be different than the Safe Vaping Power Chart linked to above.

stephreyn

Dec 27, 2013
The Kanger fits fine on my VTR.
I like that the kanger has a glass tank. And yeah the kanger comes with some guides to select wattage or voltage, but my kanger coils never ever actually say what my ohm tester says they are. So I always test them. I personally use the safe vaping chart specs since I rebuild my own coils for the kanger but yeah the kanger fits and fits well to the vtr. Use the chart that comes with the kanger to set your mod since youre using the coils that come with it and youre good.

Last edited:

stephreyn

Dec 27, 2013
Oh and I forgot, you need a 2000 mah battery, the 1600 your using isnt ideal, it won't last very long. I dont what charger you have, but get a good one and dont leave it unattended. Make sure it has an auto shut off and reverse battery protection and such. The VTR is really nice, get the proper batteries and read the safe vaping chart to set your mod or if you use the kanger use the kanger charts because they are slightly different and youll be good to go.

Last edited:

Camikadze

Dec 27, 2013
Galveston,TX
On link with stats of saving mods say for a resistance From 1.4-5.0
My iClear 30s have a 2.0.
The VTR have a watts set to 15 and Volts to 6. Did I understand correct what I maximum resistance tank for right now is iClear 30s and kanger proTank 2. And both of them have a 2.1 omh what can be set up for a maximum of 4.2 volts and 8wats. Yes?

stephreyn

Dec 27, 2013
Yes use the chart that was linked earlier by disco180, if you have a kanger then use the chart that came with the kanger. Stay within the parameters of that chart. For my 2ohm coils I will start the "p" settingn on the VTR at 5.5 and go up as high as 7.5, the chart says you can go up to 8..Good luck I suggest you really go over that chart and there are many good videos on using a VTR on youtube...

Last edited:

stephreyn

Dec 27, 2013
Volts squared divided by resistance equals your power.
If you have a 2.2 coil and like how it vapes at 4.2 volts that is about 8 watts on the 'p' setting. If you set your p to 8 and then take off your 2.2 coil and put on say a 3 ohm coil then the VTR in wattage mode will flux the volts to keep you at 8 watts regardless of resistance.
Sorry to keep adding on and going on, I just want to make sure you get this...

Last edited:

Prylosis

Dec 19, 2013
Sparks, NV
The iClear 30 is the first generation (top coil). Iclear 30S is second generation (top coil). iClear 30b is the most recent (now bottom coiled). Arguably improvements with each generation

Hiya Bad, I pay attention to most of what you say, since you have far more knowlage in this area than I. However, I'm a little confused by your above statement. I thought my i30s was a dual coil, which I was led to believe meant a coil at the bottom, and another at the top. I have not taken one of mine apart, so I'm not sure. Since I use an IBTanked most of the time, I never gave it much thought. So is the "improvement" from a i30 to an i30s going from more of an atomizer to something along the lines of a cartomizer?

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
The batteries I use in my VTRs are Efest buttontop IMR 18650 2000mah, mostly because I had a couple on hand and wasn't using them. I get a day or a bit more out of them. For reasons I have not yet figured out, they perform much better on my VTR than on my ProVari with the same carto tank and carto.

CGR18650CH (IMR/hybrid) 2250mAh did not work for me, I think. The VTR I had them in had an issue and I am not sure if it was the batteries and/or the mod that caused the issue. It was weird because the batteries would also cause issues on the working VTR. I no longer use the batteries (and still working with the vendor to get a refund on them) and the VTR was exchanged for a new one. I was getting the fluctuating ohm readings, which is a known issue of the VTR.

I use my IBTanked on both of them and gave away the iClears, so I have no comment on those.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hiya Bad, I pay attention to most of what you say, since you have far more knowlage in this area than I. However, I'm a little confused by your above statement. I thought my i30s was a dual coil, which I was led to believe meant a coil at the bottom, and another at the top. I have not taken one of mine apart, so I'm not sure. Since I use an IBTanked most of the time, I never gave it much thought. So is the "improvement" from a i30 to an i30s going from more of an atomizer to something along the lines of a cartomizer?
The iClear 30 and iClear 30S are both top dual-coils. The heating coils are where the two layers of string wicks go into the steel post. The string wicks of the iClear 30 hang away from the steel post. The string wicks in the iClear 30S are in the perforated steel post.

The iClear 30B has changed to a dual bottom-coil design.

Last edited:

Prylosis

Dec 19, 2013
Sparks, NV
The iClear 30 and iClear 30S are both top dual-coils. The heating coils are where the two layers of string wicks go into the steel post. The string wicks of the iClear 30 hang away from the steel post. The string wicks in the iClear 30S are in the perforated steel post.

The iClear 30B has changed to a dual bottom-coil design.

Okay, Got it. Thank you very much! :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The life of a coil depends more on what kind of liquid, juice, you're using. The sweeter the flavor, the shorter the coil life.

The best prices are in co-ops here on ECF, well below what most vendors normally charge.

The best tank for the VTR is one that fits into it and gives you the flavor and vapor you're looking for. I use iClear 30, iClear 30s and Protanks on mine, but my personal preference is the iClear 30.

Again, the tank isn't what governs coil life, the liquid is the key.

Coil life is dependent on how fast "gunk" builds up on the coil. The "gunk" is actually a polymer of carbon atoms created by the heat of the coil. All of the components of vaping liquids contain some carbon atoms, but sweet flavors contain a lot of carbon atoms and will build "gunk" up pretty quickly when compared to non-sweet flavors like tobacco flavors. I am getting two months of heavy use out of all of my devices, but I vape "dry" tobacco flavors with very low sweetener content.

There are tons of threads that talk about how to clean a coil, but from my personal experience there are two ways - dry burn the coil before it gets too "gunked" up or simply replace the coil. Lots of people soak them in high strength grain alcohol, 180 proof or higher, but my experience is even that won't remove that nice, carbon polymer, build up very effectively. I have tried industrial solvents, lacquer thinner, toluene, brake cleaner and acetone. None of them can touch the gunk either and I would not want to vape something I cleaned using that stuff!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread