WARNING!!! PrecisePlus owners MUST read...

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Just a reminder:

Do NOT clean your Precious Metal Rhodium plated contacts with sandpaper, cream polishes, abrasive pads, chemical cleaners, deoxits, brasso, mothers, flitz, cape cod cloths etc etc etc!!! I can't drive this home enough. Both the bottom switch screw in post, switch on the 10440 and top cap center post are Rhodium plated.

Rhodium is a precious metal, just like gold, it won't tarnish, rust, deteriorate, corrode or oxidize. You can bury it in the ground and dig it up 10,000 years from now and it'll look just like it does today.

The ONLY thing you should be cleaning it with is a soft cloth. If it get dustys or some juice on it, just wipe it off with a soft cotton cloth. Worse case scenario, you drop it in the mud, you can wash it with some warm water and soap and then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.

Last edited:

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I'm very happy with my 18350. 510 atomisers do leak if I over-drip, but no juice has ever entered the battery tube (unlike other mods I have used).
My question is, is the top-cap centre post rhodium plated on both ends? (post at atomiser end).
This is the only part on the Super-T I have ever had to wipe, and I now use a cotton cloth, but would kitchen roll be deemed abrasive (as it is better for wiping up liquid)? Thanks.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I'm very happy with my 18350. 510 atomisers do leak if I over-drip, but no juice has ever entered the battery tube (unlike other mods I have used).
My question is, is the top-cap centre post rhodium plated on both ends? (post at atomiser end).
This is the only part on the Super-T I have ever had to wipe, and I now use a cotton cloth, but would kitchen roll be deemed abrasive (as it is better for wiping up liquid)? Thanks.

Yes the entire post is plated, I assume when you say kitchen roll you mean paper towel, I have been using paper towel to wipe juice off of it and have not had any problems but maybe David can chime in to confirm that, I am sure a microfiber towel from the dollar store would be best but like you said paper towel soaks juice up nicely, toilet paper or tissue would be a softer choice.

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Yes the entire post is plated, I assume when you say kitchen roll you mean paper towel, I have been using paper towel to wipe juice off of it and have not had any problems but maybe David can chime in to confirm that, I am sure a microfiber towel from the dollar store would be best but like you said paper towel soaks juice up nicely, toilet paper or tissue would be a softer choice.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I meant paper towel, but as you say there are even softer options.

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
I don't even clean the contacts on any of my mods. um, am I suppose to?
Only if you aren't getting good contact. A strong battery and good atty/carto will still seem weak if your contacts are dirty/corroded. I usually use an eraser or some Ever Clear (NOT on Rhodium though). If one of your mods isn't performing well and everything else checks out look at your springs and contacts.

nomer

Dec 6, 2011
philippines
Just a reminder:

Do NOT clean your Precious Metal Rhodium plated contacts with sandpaper, cream polishes, abrasive pads, chemical cleaners, deoxits, brasso, mothers, flitz, cape cod cloths etc etc etc!!! I can't drive this home enough. Both the bottom switch screw in post, switch on the 10440 and top cap center post are Rhodium plated.

Rhodium is a precious metal, just like gold, it won't tarnish, rust, deteriorate, corrode or oxidize. You can bury it in the ground and dig it up 10,000 years from now and it'll look just like it does today.

The ONLY thing you should be cleaning it with is a soft cloth. If it get dustys or some juice on it, just wipe it off with a soft cotton cloth. Worse case scenario, you drop it in the mud, you can wash it with some warm water and soap and then wipe it dry with a soft cloth.

thanks for this info! :)

im very happy with the performance of my P+18650 :)

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
many many mods (most?) will work better if you clean the contacts and electrical connections, Even the on the Precis i notice a difference after cleaning the threads and the sides of the button with just a damp cloth or paper towel. Dirt, finger oils, and oxidation can effect the electrical flow between surfaces.

LadyMaMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
SE Minnesota
Reminder Bump:)

Just a reminder:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread