Status
Not open for further replies.

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
Happy New Years fellow Reonauts,

I've been reading here about doing wicks in cotton, eckowool, silica. and now ceramic..

I haven't read anything about using SS mesh. or I don't remember seeing anything about using mesh.

This morning I made some vanilla e juice and I was think to make a new coil. Got the idea to try a mesh wick.

got the torch out and rolled and torch up a perfect wick, and build a nice coil with 28 gauge at .8 ohms. inserted the wick and did
a couple of test squonks. the vape coming of the coils was awesome. screwed down the cover and vaped. To my surprise,
it was great. thick vaper production and real nice flavor too.

been vaping for a hour now with the mesh and it's doing great.

If there are any down sides I can see at this point, it's I can only get two or three hits before having to squonk more juice.
That's not too bad, with cotton I get 4 hits before needing to wet the wick.

If things continue to work out with the mesh, one wick and one coil should last a long long time.

Any others here have tried SS mesh in their RM2's? I guess it wouldn't work in a ERA or a Cyclone?

Thanks and have a wonderful New Years Day

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
I had to try it just to say I did. I haven't used ss mesh since the aga days. Wrapped up some 30k on a screw, compressed, and inserted an old piece of well seasoned 500. Good vapor, not as "organic" tasting as the cotton. image.jpg

TyCreek

Another Vaper
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Treasure Valley
I keep trying all sorts of wick combinations. SS mesh gives me the flavor mix I prefer. Cotton tastes like cotton tastes until it burns and for me that seems to be often. Ceramic worked well but until I can find one I feel safer about it's out for me. Right now I have a 1/8 coil with a lightly rolled piece of 500 mesh with a dollop of cotton on the ends to help aid wicking since my SS doesn't touch bottom. The cotton ends give an extra hit or two and requires less of a flooding to wet the wick again.
tycreek-albums-vapestuff-picture290249-rm2-ss-mesh-1-8-coil-dab-cotton-ends-aid-wicking.jpg

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
TyCreek.... two things from me to you...

first, that's a great idea using cotton the way you did with the mesh. I'm going to try resting my coil on cotton to raise it a bit

second. if you don't stop posting pictures of your copper vein in my threads I am just going to have to order one for my self.

thanks

TyCreek

Another Vaper
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Treasure Valley
I'm still running the coil with cotton dollops on the end and starting now a 3rd full bottle later, it still hits excellent. Haven't even looked at it since I took the picture yesterday. I'm lucky to get an hour out of any cotton combination I've tried so far.

I did however get a box of CVS rolled cotton in the mail today so ... when this coil gives me the slightest hint of issue or my extra RM2 gets here I'll take the opportunity to try that wonder cotton so talked about! I couldn't find a rolled sterile cotton in town ... only a couple different organic cosmetic balls in the dozen or so pharmacies and departments I searched through the last few months (boiling the best of it did help some with flavor).

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
I used to have a genny style hybrid so I got good at making ss mesh wicks, I can make a wick and it doesn't need a break in period.

when I use normal size coils I get days and days from cotton yarn, but with a micro coil, cotton yarn lasts for a day tops.

im back to regular coils with cotton. they work best for me. I'll always experiment with coils and wicks though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread