Innokin MVP2 question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
I've had the MVP2 for a few weeks now and it has really been an impressive and eye opening mod to own. Which brings me to my Question: How much further, performance wise, can I go as far as vaping on moderate (1.8-2.8) ohm devices? I saw a thread called pictures of your setup http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/225727-pictures-your-setup.html and I was blown away by the beauty of most of the Mods....Golden tridents and silver russians WOW(x2)!!!! But performance wise will those gorgeous Mods power my Vivi Nova any better than my MVP2 ? I wouldn't think so but :confused: .... I think it may be a "Swag" , "Bling" , "Style", type thing ? Like rogers pimp cup? I've never owned a fancy Mod like the ones I was hypnotized by (not even a clone) but provided the performance is at least the same as my MVP2 I very well may purchase one...Any suggestions on a blingy mod from Fasttech that wouldn't break the bank and could keep up with the MVP ?

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Its really personal opinion - for me - my "pretty shiny" mods all collect dust and I have 3 MVP2s :blink: I haven't touched my SVD in at least a month. I dont dislike my other devices - I just find that the convenience, power and consistency are ALL there with my MVPs.

I dont use sub ohm coils so I dont NEED to use a mech and I dont have to hassle with batteries. Its durable and portable.

For me it out-performs a lot of devices by at least a hair on consistency. If I buy any additional devices - it will be my expensive shiny ones - Provari and Reo. :D Im focused on tanks now lol. I recently sucked it up and tried carto tanks (im such a dummy for not doing it sooner!!!) and I have my first RBA on the way (yay kayfun!)

I dont need to operate over 11 watts - and I dont use sub ohm coils so there really isnt a reason to me to get any further devices for now...

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
One of the big draws when it comes to mods is the use of rebuildable atomizers. Some vapors (vapists? people who vape?) build coils at a very low oHm setting -- your MVP won't fire any coil below something like 1.2 or 1.3 oHms -- as a way of producing more vapor (sub-oHm vaping).

I won't mention this topic in the newcomers forum without talking about the battery safety threads available on ECF. Sub oHm vaping can easily push mod batteries beyond their safety limits, and the results can be pretty awful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-i.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

I'm sure other people far more knowledgeable than me will add comments about how rebuildables, and especially sub-oHm vaping, are not recommended for beginners.

FWIW, though I've got a couple rebuildable atomizers in the mail, I've been happily using my mech mod with a clearomizer (a Davide), and I find that this combo gives me my most enjoyable vape. I've got a regulated mod with VV and VW features, but I prefer the vape I get with my mech mod.

Welcome to the forum btw.

-- Glenn

I've had the MVP2 for a few weeks now and it has really been an impressive and eye opening Mod to own. Which brings me to my Question: How much further, performance wise, can I go as far as vaping on moderate (1.8-2.8) ohm devices? I saw a thread called pictures of your setup http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/225727-pictures-your-setup.html and I was blown away by the beauty of most of the Mods....Golden tridents and silver russians WOW(x2)!!!! But performance wise will those gorgeous Mods power my Vivi Nova any better than my MVP2 ? I wouldn't think so but :confused: .... I think it may be a "Swag" , "Bling" , "Style", type thing ? Like rogers pimp cup? I've never owned a fancy Mod like the ones I was hypnotized by (not even a clone) but provided the performance is at least the same as my MVP2 I very well may purchase one...Any suggestions on a blingy mod from Fasttech that wouldn't break the bank and could keep up with the MVP ?

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
I have an MVP2 (came in the mail today - yay!!) and really, it's unbeatable for the price - I'm running a Kanger PT2 on it at the moment whilst I save up for a KFL+

As to whether the shiny bling mods will get you anything more - yes - the DNA 20 devices and the ProVari provide rock-solid voltage/wattage settings that the MVP just can't match (and honestly, doesn't have to) - also the ProVari goes to 6 volts and the DNAs to 20 watts so they've got the MVP beat on power.

In short, use it, enjoy it - get the best topper you can for it and start mixing your own e-liquids and when you've saved enough money to get a DNA or ProVari then treat yourself - but don't feel you're missing out because you're really not :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I've never used one either....What am I missing compared to my Vivi Nova dual coil ??

It has super clean thick lovely vapor. Taste is great and once the carto is primed no fiddling and no juice in my mouth LOL. Also mine hold 5ml - which means not refilling often, so for me, its a win on all levels of vapor, taste and performance :)

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Great info here I purchased my MVP today and now am in search of the best tank for it.

Kanger has a new dual coil tank with air flow control called the Aerotank

vape dojo has it in stock now for about $20

brand new so no reviews out on it yet that I know of

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Great info here I purchased my MVP today and now am in search of the best tank for it.

Congrats on your new purchase...My wife bought me my MVP and initially I was a little disappointed...I wanted a mod with a removable battery, that way I wouldnt have to do away with the unit when the batteries died. Plus I was unsure about the boxy shape too. But now I must say that it was a wonderful choice and I am so, so happy with my MVP2....The boss knows best I guess..:)

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Do you mind saying which carto setup you've been using C-Lady?

Won't do this soon I don't think, with a couple RBAs due any day now, but i'd like to try out cartos at some point. I know that some of the most veteran ECF people swear by them.

-- Glenn

Its really personal opinion - for me - my "pretty shiny" mods all collect dust and I have 3 MVP2s :blink: I haven't touched my SVD in at least a month. I dont dislike my other devices - I just find that the convenience, power and consistency are ALL there with my MVPs.

I dont use sub ohm coils so I dont NEED to use a mech and I dont have to hassle with batteries. Its durable and portable.

For me it out-performs a lot of devices by at least a hair on consistency. If I buy any additional devices - it will be my expensive shiny ones - Provari and Reo. :D Im focused on tanks now lol. I recently sucked it up and tried carto tanks (im such a dummy for not doing it sooner!!!) and I have my first RBA on the way (yay kayfun!)

I dont need to operate over 11 watts - and I dont use sub ohm coils so there really isnt a reason to me to get any further devices for now...

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
But performance wise will those gorgeous Mods power my Vivi Nova any better than my MVP2 ? I wouldn't think so but
this is what you need to be looking at when checking out all these rigs, while the latest wave of chinese mods have finally gotten somewhat better and cheaper the cheaper clearos and tanks are still more of the same, and very few people buy these expensive mods to power a CE4 clearo.

we all do it we start out and think this is the bomb i dont understand how it can be better, until you actually stumble across something that actually is better. and then you kind of kick yourself for not trying it sooner. for a larg percentage of vapors this is what leads them to rebuildables, it is really hard to convince someone that yea it really is that much better until they try it themselves.

when i started i loved the vivi nova tanks and i remember my first genesis atty showing up in the mail, spent the day figuring it out and getting it to run pretty good. vaped with it all night, the next morning i grabbed my provari and vivi setup and headed out the door.
I ended up playing with it all day because i couldnt understand why it didnt work anymore. there was plenty of vapor but what happened to the coil to make the flavor stop like that. I went through all the new heads i had in my bag even took it apart and checked the wire and the wick and everything.

thats when it hit me - I shouldn't discount what others are saying and the devices they are using, because there is a difference as you step up and move through the gear.
there is a real reason so many of these devices are being used and touted as being better. and as it stands now i would hate vaping if i was forced to go back to clearo style tanks.

Last edited:

worseforwhere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
seven seas
Kanger has a new dual coil tank with air flow control called the Aerotank

vape dojo has it in stock now for about $20

brand new so no reviews out on it yet that I know of

SpinFuel raves about it, saying hands down the best kanger product out yet. I'm not a big fan of dual coils, but this might just take my money.

KangerTech Aero Tank Review

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Congrats on your new purchase...My wife bought me my MVP and initially I was a little disappointed...I wanted a mod with a removable battery, that way I wouldnt have to do away with the unit when the batteries died. Plus I was unsure about the boxy shape too. But now I must say that it was a wonderful choice and I am so, so happy with my MVP2....The boss knows best I guess..:)

I think you'll be happy with it. You get a great vape and the battery lasts forever before it needs to be charged. Mine is over a year old and keeps on ticking.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
SpinFuel raves about it, saying hands down the best kanger product out yet. I'm not a big fan of dual coils, but this might just take my money.

KangerTech Aero Tank Review

Lord have mercy, I just got my MVP today, and read this! I gotta stop reading this forum cause I ordered the tank from Vape Dojo. Thanks buddy! ;-)

tmillin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
plus.google.com
I upgraded to the mvp2 after only 10 days into vaping an ego starter kit. The difference was amazing :) and that was using the iclear16 that came with it. Now only 2 weeks later my local vape shop sold me a $10 X1 drip style atomizer. Again night & day difference. Now just need to get the hang of rebuilding the thing but for $10 if I mess it up I can buy another one. Plus the mvp2 has a built in ohm meter to make it even easier. In short I am happy with the mvp2 but can see myself going to a mechanical within the next few months :D

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread