Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
"one of those pincher tools" is called TWEEZERS!!!! You can probably find TWEEZERS anywhere...CVS, Walmart, a gas station, in your bathroom.....THEY'RE TWEEZERS!!!!! Are you positive you want to try to build a coil??? You're going to hurt yourself. There's alot of things you should know first. Technical things....and you can't boil cotton or figure out what tweezers are. C'mon GN, if you get hurt, we all pay the price.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Here ya go buddy... ask for a pincher thing, you shall receive a pincher thing.

PINCH.jpg

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
You can also get a lot of small tools that is good for this kinda stuff at Joe Anns fabric in the bead section. They are cheaper then Amazon. Also I got some of mine @ fasttech if you don't mind the wait thou. They where really cheap. Please thou be sure you do your research on what you want to do first. And if you need answers to other ?s be sure to ask. Most people are very helpful here.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Here ya go buddy... ask for a pincher thing, you shall receive a pincher thing.

View attachment 291511
Thats AWESOME!!!
I can hear it already:

"Bad News! on the Bum Pincher! Everybody and their mothers have recommended these Bum Pinchers. They seem to be all the rave from the members (vendors) on this forum. Well, MALARCKY! I can't seem to get mine out of the box! I mean, it's ridiculous to have to buy some of those cutty thing a ma jigs to open the box to get my Bum Pinchers out! Where would someone find some of those cutty things anyway? I seem to recall seeing them somewhere along my 4 year journey of vaping and learning everything there is to know about vaping along the way. Dang, where's my cigarettes.... Anyway, this box smells to me like fish ..... I'm not sure how safe it would be to pinch a coil with a Bum Pincher that came out of a box that smelled like fish ....! Smells a little wicky, too. I think they used cheap Chinese silica in the packing tape that they sealed the box with that I seem to need to invest in a pair of cutty things to open. I actually review cutty thingys too, so maybe one of you vendors can send me some free cutty things to review. {insert a million more pointless comments here}
So thats it folks...Bum Pincher...BAD NEWS!!! Oh, one more thing.....I spell whether "wether" . I do it over and over in all of my reviews. I'm not wrong, it's just how I spell it. aka don't tell me to spell things right or to tip my dirty clearomizer that I found in a dumpster."

It may go that way.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Please thou be sure you do your research on what you want to do first. And if you need answers to other ?s be sure to ask. Most people are very helpful here.

That won't be necessary, he has said he knows everything there is to know about vaping, and once he does his first coil build he plans to author the master of all rebuilding threads and school everyone here. :) Can't wait.

To avoid feeling like a troll I'm going to try and help:

You can use tweezers:

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3779181

Available in an array of shapes, sizes, and colors. Best to stick to metal tweezers if you plan to torch it.

You can also use some needle nose pliers, which is what I personally use if following the clamp & torch method. Get the kind with the super long, skinny jaws. The skinny jaws will absorb/transfer less heat and allow you to get the coil red hot quicker:

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/p...6V&ref=gbase&gclid=CIiHzunI57sCFcQ9QgoddA8AEA

You can also use hemostats, although don't lock them or you'll crush your coil!

Hemostats [HEMOSTAT] - $17.75 : Crime Scene, Forensic Supplies

Thats AWESOME!!!
I can hear it already:

"Bad News! on the Bum Pincher! Everybody and their mothers have recommended these Bum Pinchers. They seem to be all the rave from the members (vendors) on this forum. Well, MALARCKY! I can't seem to get mine out of the box! I mean, it's ridiculous to have to buy some of those cutty thing a ma jigs to open the box to get my Bum Pinchers out! Where would someone find some of those cutty things anyway? I seem to recall seeing them somewhere along my 4 year journey of vaping and learning everything there is to know about vaping along the way. Dang, where's my cigarettes.... Anyway, this box smells to me like fish ..... I'm not sure how safe it would be to pinch a coil with a Bum Pincher that came out of a box that smelled like fish ....! Smells a little wicky, too. I think they used cheap Chinese silica in the packing tape that they sealed the box with that I seem to need to invest in a pair of cutty things to open. I actually review cutty thingys too, so maybe one of you vendors can send me some free cutty things to review. {insert a million more pointless comments here}
So thats it folks...Bum Pincher...BAD NEWS!!! Oh, one more thing.....I spell whether "wether" . I do it over and over in all of my reviews. I'm not wrong, it's just how I spell it. aka don't tell me to spell things right or to tip my dirty clearomizer that I found in a dumpster."

It may go that way.

Yeah a bum pincher might be covered in bacteria and virus.... you know what would work well? BOIL THE BUM PINCHER. Oh wait.... can't do that... ;)

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
What about the ones that stay closed and you squeeze to open them? They are just a little bigger than normal tweezers and about twice as long. Surgical stainless. Those are the best ones but I don't know what they are called. I believe they are a medical tool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reverse action tweezers?

tweez.jpg

Clever idea!

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
What about the ones that stay closed and you squeeze to open them? They are just a little bigger than normal tweezers and about twice as long. Surgical stainless. Those are the best ones but I don't know what they are called. I believe they are a medical tool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Hemostats. Good for computer techs too back in the day ;) I think they would crush the coil, but kanthal is cheap so might be worth a try.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I've actually seen like a big version of tweezers, specifically more tool-like, but still have the precision of tweezers as opposed to something more like a needle-nose, something you can pinch with your fingers as opposed to gripping. That's what I'm after. I have a feeling that regular old tweezers don't have a wide enough pinch for higher-ohm coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread