Weird fix for the burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd share this since I've never seen it elsewhere.

I've been plagued by the burnt taste for over a week. I tried everything -- filling, cleaning, swishing, and still my ecig tasted almost like an analog filter. Today, I used a highly scientific method of sniffing all the different components one by one. The only part that smelled was the mouthpiece. I replaced it with another one I had and the taste is gone just like that. I can't believe it was that simple!

I hope this isn't common knowledge (did you know if you turn it on, it'll work better?) because I'll feel like an ..., but like I said, I haven't seen it mentioned and it worked for me, so I wanted to share it. I hope it helps someone.

mike___Honcho

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2014
Kansas City
Back to the OP, I was curious what kind of tank you're using? I've always had to do far more than what you had success with.

Only tank ive had problems with is the Vivi Nova. Burnt taste city. Let everything soak in boiled water before use and even switched out the head with two different replacement coils.. no go, still terrible. If i push higher than 7 watts it tastes charred. If i stay at 6 or 6.5 its fine for around 5 hits then back to burnt. Dunno how to fix it.

HowdyKris

Jan 6, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I've gotten strange tastes from new cartos and clearos before, even with a dry burn to clear out the manufacturing primer. The one tip I've learned is that, after a quick dry burn, every new coil gets a quick soak in vodka, then white vinegar, then a good rinse and air dry. I'm sure vodka alone, or vinegar alone, and a rinse would do it, but I've found it clears out any off-flavors the equipment may have had. YMMV!

Back to the OP, I was curious what kind of tank you're using? I've always had to do far more than what you had success with.

It's Voodoo. I've used their liquids since I started, and after a few awful experiences with other brands, I decided to try the tanks. Except for this, it's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread