Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Sorry about the misleading title...no really...it was completely unintentional. ahem...ahem..

So, I was just messing around and I took 3 strands of .30 ga kanthal and twisted them together with a drill until it broke off. Then I reconnected it and twisted until it broke again. It is a very tight wrap...looks like a guitar string. I built a .9 ohm micro coil with it and mounted it in an RSST. Wick'd it with cotton. ok,ok....BOILED cotton. Why did I boil it? Because I had boiled some a while back and still have it. I had boiled cotton before KidneyPuncher started selling it! (still so funny to me) Had I been out of boiled cotton, I would've used regular old sterile cotton right out of the bag. I'm no super taster, people! Now, back to our story.....I filled the tank with RYD2 from Vapor Hut. It's supposedly a RY4 meets Hazelnut kinda thing but to me, I think it tastes like soft pretzels with a sweet after taste. Whatever it is, I love it and haven't been able to make myself sick of it yet.

The verdict? Amazing. If I could lay it on it's side or carry it in my pocket...if it could fall over without leaking, it would bump my kayfun from the top slot. Awesome flavor and vapor and the coil is very durable. It took lots of firing and squeezing with one of those squeezie thingy tools...whatever they are...(ahem)...but it was worth it. I've twisted .28 ga a lot, I've twisted .30 ga a lot, I've twisted a strand of .28 with a strand of .30, twisted ribbon with .28.......but this was the first time I twisted 3 strands together. I like it.
No wonky, fish ...., monkey head, drywall, cotton dust, gym sock, uncles underwear, grandmas loose elbow skin (although I hear that tastes pretty good), no alien snot, no silica feces...no bad tastes at all.

Disclaimer...this thread may or may not contain inside jokes that may or may not be directed at any one individual.

Now, back to work trying to get this knock off stardust clone clearomizer that I stole from a local B&M to work. I'm going to add a flavor wick using an old bootlace. If I can add a flavor wick without having to buy one from you vendors, believe you me, I WILL! Then Me, Phil and RIP will have a hoot! Enough of this malarkey.

Almost forgot.....wether

By the way, the part about the 3 strand coil...it really does work good!

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
Sorry about the misleading title...no really...it was completely unintentional. ahem...ahem..

So, I was just messing around and I took 3 strands of .30 ga kanthal and twisted them together with a drill until it broke off. Then I reconnected it and twisted until it broke again. It is a very tight wrap...looks like a guitar string. I built a .9 ohm micro coil with it and mounted it in an RSST. Wick'd it with cotton. ok,ok....BOILED cotton. Why did I boil it? Because I had boiled some a while back and still have it. I had boiled cotton before KidneyPuncher started selling it! (still so funny to me) Had I been out of boiled cotton, I would've used regular old sterile cotton right out of the bag. I'm no super taster, people! Now, back to our story.....I filled the tank with RYD2 from Vapor Hut. It's supposedly a RY4 meets Hazelnut kinda thing but to me, I think it tastes like soft pretzels with a sweet after taste. Whatever it is, I love it and haven't been able to make myself sick of it yet.

The verdict? Amazing. If I could lay it on it's side or carry it in my pocket...if it could fall over without leaking, it would bump my kayfun from the top slot. Awesome flavor and vapor and the coil is very durable. It took lots of firing and squeezing with one of those squeezie thingy tools...whatever they are...(ahem)...but it was worth it. I've twisted .28 ga a lot, I've twisted .30 ga a lot, I've twisted a strand of .28 with a strand of .30, twisted ribbon with .28.......but this was the first time I twisted 3 strands together. I like it.
No wonky, fish ...., monkey head, drywall, cotton dust, gym sock, uncles underwear, grandmas loose elbow skin (although I hear that tastes pretty good), no alien snot, no silica feces...no bad tastes at all.

Disclaimer...this thread may or may not contain inside jokes that may or may not be directed at any one individual.

Now, back to work trying to get this knock off stardust clone clearomizer that I stole from a local B&M to work. I'm going to add a flavor wick using an old bootlace. If I can add a flavor wick without having to buy one from you vendors, believe you me, I WILL! Then Me, Phil and RIP will have a hoot! Enough of this malarkey.

Almost forgot.....wether

By the way, the part about the 3 strand coil...it really does work good!

I don't care who you are that's funny, right there!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Ya owe me a 'click'!
toothy.gif

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I just want to know wether or not there was any monkey .... flavor, you did not mention it specifically but maybe it is a taste you like. Also you could line out the steps for boiling cotton, it seems dangerous to me. Maybe something only you vendors do. I am still trying to figure out how to fit malarkey in this post.

oh wait.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I just want to know wether or not there was any monkey .... flavor, you did not mention it specifically but maybe it is a taste you like. Also you could line out the steps for boiling cotton, it seems dangerous to me. Maybe something only you vendors do. I am still trying to figure out how to fit malarkey in this post.

oh wait.

Boiling cotton isn't a process...it's a way of life. Step one: turn stove on high. Step two: try to borrow a pot from a neighbor who doesn't like you either. Step three: call fire dept because you left your smokes by the stove when you went to the neighbors. Step four: kidneypuncher.com. Srep 5: click BUY!

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
I haven't done a triple twisted in a while. Now you got me wanting to rebuild my perfectly good coil. I'm gonna use hemp for wicking! I just found it in a ditch.

You might want to check the coming soon section on kidney puncher. I hear that pre-boiled ditch hemp is a new thing. Save you some time and risk.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
All this boiling and stuff is confusing. I just filled a brand-new PT3 with Hawk Sauce, screwed a fresh PT3 coil in and screwed the base down. I then inserted my brandnew fresh AW IMR 18650 into my brand new fresh Provari Zombie Edition. Turned it on and set voltage at 4.1. A few primer puffs and guess what?

It will hold me until I get this Aqua Clone built. :)

No flavor other than Hawk Sauce had been tasted during this procedure. This Aqua on the other hand..... Is fiddly.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
All this boiling and stuff is confusing. I just filled a brand-new PT3 with Hawk Sauce, screwed a fresh PT3 coil in and screwed the base down. I then inserted my brandnew fresh AW IMR 18650 into my brand new fresh Provari Zombie Edition. Turned it on and set voltage at 4.1. A few primer puffs and guess what?

It will hold me until I get this Aqua Clone built. :)

No flavor other than Hawk Sauce had been tasted during this procedure. This Aqua on the other hand..... Is fiddly.
There's already a clone of the Aqua?

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca

Now that description has me all curious...and jealous..what are those flavors, and where can i get them?

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
There's already a clone of the Aqua?

There is, it is not too bad, threading is decent. Did not come with the extra drip tip, did not come with the hybrid pin. It did come pre built but smelled really strong of machine oil. Took 2 days soaking and rinsing then about 30 minutes with vinegar/water in the waterpic squirting through the air paths to get rid of. No Swarf though.

First build flooded, I over pressured it. Second attempt at refill did not flood, I used the upside down fill thing. But is not wicking right, need to fiddle some more. Not a bad deal for 28$ if you do not mind clones.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
There is, it is not too bad, threading is decent. Did not come with the extra drip tip, did not come with the hybrid pin. It did come pre built but smelled really strong of machine oil. Took 2 days soaking and rinsing then about 30 minutes with vinegar/water in the waterpic squirting through the air paths to get rid of. No Swarf though.

First build flooded, I over pressured it. Second attempt at refill did not flood, I used the upside down fill thing. But is not wicking right, need to fiddle some more. Not a bad deal for 28$ if you do not mind clones.

The only clone I have is a Russian 91%. I got it because I saw it in stock and I like the finish. I don't really have an opinion on clones other than if you want one, get one... if you find them offensive, don't get one. I hate the ones with logo's and serial numbers, though. Sometimes the real deal is either too expensive or impossible to get. I don't think either scenario should prevent anyone from using whatever they want. Hell, for all I know, I'm typing on a fake Dell...but it works!

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I did see the twisting method on RIP's recent video, and I was interested in trying it out, and then he said "drill", and I said "nope."

One oddity I came across too is that with a Protank head, I tried exchanging the flavor wicks for silica that I cut off a CE4 head, and while it really wasn't wicking any less or better, surprisingly enough, the flavor suddenly changed from very socky to only slightly socky, more like the results I get from the CE4's (the general result has been that CE4's and CE5's vape a little cleaner for me than Protank heads... not completely, but the difference is noticeable and a little more tolerable.) I was actually vaping on it a little bit after that.

Kinda makes me think it's just different grades of silica or something. The flavor wick can really have an effect on taste, once I put just a tad of unboiled cotton on top of a flavor wick that sat atop the Kanger coil, and the vape suddenly tasted as though I was using full on cotton for the entire set up. Entirely different taste. And not in a good way, the unboiled was extremely dusty and cotton flavored - yet the cotton wasn't really even touching the coil, I checked it multiple times before, during, and after. Had a ton of silica beneath it!

So really, at this point, meh, I just think I can taste wicking materials out the wazoo. Trust me ya'll, I know how crazy it sounds, but hey, I really did get that clean, awesome vape from my Cisco, until it gunked, then it was just naturally a bit ashy tasting. The experience I got out my Cisco was like something from any RDA'ers book, it was really heavenly! Just pure vapor, it was as though there was no wick at all! I certainly couldn't taste it, and that's just what I love, it's what really allows me to vape and, hey, it really is the truth that with the wicky tasting devices, that wicky taste funks up juice flavors into weird things like salt and medicine and everything else, and that whole wicky texture seems to make me cough something unreal.

But I'm super excited about my RDA's coming in. They're either going to prove I'm an idiot or that something is wrong with my battery. Ain't too many other directions it could go in. If I build a bad coil, I can't blame it on anyone else. But I'm hoping it'll be easier than that, I really want to vape Velvet Cloud Vapor's Candy Bar again, that juice is pretty darn good, it was the only one that even was strong enough to somewhat hold up it's original flavor on the Aspire. I've even had that juice splatter up in my mouth, and the juice itself actually tastes just like it vapes. Strangest thing.

Anyway, back to Twisted coils, they really are beautiful looking little things, well, except the tiger coil, looks more like the Frankenstein of coils, looks downright mutated and mutilated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread