Question regarding Innokin MVP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.allen028

Jan 7, 2014
USA
I just recieved my mod today and while reading the instruction book that came with the device I noticed that it says it has a blinking battery indicator mode but it doesnt seem to blink whatsoever. I have to push my button in in order to check my battery status. I'm wondering if it is suppose to blink while in standby or have i recieved a faulty device? Any information you can supply about this issue will be greatly appreciated

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
when it gets low it will show yellow around the fire button and as it gets lower yet it will show red and then when it is fully discharged it will blink red when you press the fire button (it never fully discharges to 0 volts, the board considers 3.3 volts as fully discharged)

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Darn it Dakota Jim!!! You must type faster than me . . .

Not totally sure I understand your question. The way to check your battery life on the MVP, is to push both small buttons at the same time. The first number will be the Ohms of your attached atomizer, and the second number that pops up will be your battery life indication in volts. 4.2 will be fully charged, 3.7 will be halfway, and I think around 3.3 will mean you need to recharge. As you vape with your battery, the LED's around the fire button will also indicate your battery status. They go from green to yellow to red. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

j.allen028

Jan 7, 2014
USA
I was referring to the instruction manual where it says led light blinking mode and assumed it meant that it would blink around the fire button every few seconds or so without having to push in on the button sort of how a cell phone will blink when you have a new text or voice message for example... although this really isn't a big issue I'd like to know if I am wrong in my assumption as the instruction manual isn't very clear on the matter.

j.allen028

Jan 7, 2014
USA
I also have another question as well...I previously was smoking ego 650 mah battery with a ce5 clearomizer and I could fill it up and the juice would last me nearly all day if not all of it and now that I've made the switch to the variable I've went thru 2 1/2 tanks in about 12 hrs... does this have to do with the tank being an iClear16 which is also dual coil or is it that my settings aren't quite right that are causing the use of this much of my juice? Which cartomizers would you suggest that I should be using to give me the longer lasting preference?

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I also have another question as well...I previously was smoking ego 650 mah battery with a ce5 clearomizer and I could fill it up and the juice would last me nearly all day if not all of it and now that I've made the switch to the variable I've went thru 2 1/2 tanks in about 12 hrs... does this have to do with the tank being an iClear16 which is also dual coil or is it that my settings aren't quite right that are causing the use of this much of my juice? Which cartomizers would you suggest that I should be using to give me the longer lasting preference?

Yes, and Yes.....You are using a dual coil atty which is the same as using two CE5's simultaneously. You are sucking twice as much juice into twice as many heads....

The second thing is you are most likely hitting the Iclear "hotter" than you would on the eGo 650....Thus more watts to the coil, vaporizes the juice faster.

If you are looking for a good single head clearo, you can't go wrong with the Mini Protank 2. Glueless construction, easy to clean, disassemble, and dry, inexpensive replacement heads, pyrex tank, so you can use any e-juice, AND the heads are super easy to rewick and easy to recoil (unless you have eyes like mine). So you can make a head last several months with simply periodically dry burning the coil and replacing the 1mm flavor wicks.

AgeAgainst

Verified Member
I was referring to the instruction manual where it says led light blinking mode and assumed it meant that it would blink around the fire button every few seconds or so without having to push in on the button sort of how a cell phone will blink when you have a new text or voice message for example... although this really isn't a big issue I'd like to know if I am wrong in my assumption as the instruction manual isn't very clear on the matter.

Innokin is a Chinese company and while I have to admit the manual is one of the best written Chinese to English manuals I have ever seen, it inherently comes down to a translation issue. The "blinking" means that the LED comes on and goes off each time you press the power button.

Both of my MVP 2.0's blink! The duration each time I vape is anywhere from 4 to 8 seconds on, then off until I vape again. :D

ozzsdmf86

Aug 5, 2012
PA
The MVP 2.0 has a 10 second cut off, which means the fire button can only be engaged for 10 seconds. After engaged for 10 seconds the fire button will blink a few times. The fire button will also blink when the device is turned on, off and when a charger is plugged into it. Other than that I am unaware of any other blinking light on the MVP 2.0.

j.allen028

Jan 7, 2014
USA
Yes, and Yes.....You are using a dual coil atty which is the same as using two CE5's simultaneously. You are sucking twice as much juice into twice as many heads....

The second thing is you are most likely hitting the Iclear "hotter" than you would on the eGo 650....Thus more watts to the coil, vaporizes the juice faster.

If you are looking for a good single head clearo, you can't go wrong with the Mini Protank 2. Glueless construction, easy to clean, disassemble, and dry, inexpensive replacement heads, pyrex tank, so you can use any e-juice, AND the heads are super easy to rewick and easy to recoil (unless you have eyes like mine). So you can make a head last several months with simply periodically dry burning the coil and replacing the 1mm flavor wicks.

Thank you so much for your advice & I was also wondering if you could explain to me how it is that you go about dry burning the coil? I am fairly new to this so I really don't have much knowledge.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Thank you so much for your advice & I was also wondering if you could explain to me how it is that you go about dry burning the coil? I am fairly new to this so I really don't have much knowledge.

There's many videos on you tube regarding rebuilding and recoiling heads. But bottom line is take unscrew the base from the tank, remove the head, Take off the rubber "cup". Use some needle nose pliers, or simply wiggle with your fingers the "chimney" or post from the top of the head. Remove the wicking material on top so you can see the coil.

Install the head back onto the base with the exposed coil and put the base on your battery. Fire the battery and gently blow on the coil for 3 to 5 seconds (I usually fire at about 3.7 volts for 2.5 omh coils). Wait a couple of seconds for the coil to cool and then fire again for 3 to 5 seconds. Repeat this until you see the coil "glowing red". This means you have burnt off all the muck from the coil.

Put new 1mm silica (2 or 3 pieces) back as your flavor wick, or use cotton like others have mentioned. Put the post back on the head and press until it fully seats. Put the silicon back on the head and you are good to go.

j.allen028

Jan 7, 2014
USA

On the Protank mini 2 which resistance should I buy 1.8 ohm or higher? I really don't understand what the difference is in the different ohms

DigitalVI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
CORINTH TX
One of the best things about a variable wattage device like the MVP is you can use a variety of ohms. Once you put your topper on start at the lowest wattage then slowly increase until you get the type taste you are looking for. Once your wattage is set if you change toppers the MVP will read the ohms and automatically set the correct voltage to match your prefered wattage. I like a cooler vape and usually set it to 6 or 6.5 watts.

Also your ego ce5 clearomizer will also fit the MVP so you don't need a new topper, but I would suggest it for better flavor and the ease of changing coils, and better capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread