Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
I am 90% sure the "real" HCigars come in this box: Vape Royalty Two-Tone Nemesis Mod by HCigar

While the knockoff hcigar's come in the box shown on that ebay listing. I am not 100% sure on this, I am not a clone expert. This is all second hand from a buddy of mine that purchased from both ebay and vape Royalty.

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
I am 90% sure the "real" HCigars come in this box: Vape Royalty Two-Tone Nemesis Mod by HCigar

While the knockoff HCigar's come in the box shown on that ebay listing. I am not 100% sure on this, I am not a clone expert. This is all second hand from a buddy of mine that purchased from both ebay and Vape Royalty.

I noticed that as well, the logos were different. I google image searched and that same logo came up as well. Was going to try to see if the logo was changed or something like that but eh.

I don't think the risk that was pointed out above of the 1 rating is worth five bucks from another ebay seller or 15 from vaperoyalty. But thank you both for your posts.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I bought one boxed the same as as the one in the eBay listing, but from a local shop. Looks great, but had tons of issues. First one: tubes were the wrong length and there was no way to get a 18650 to fit/fire. Replaced with a second that had threading issues (couldn't get it together without using the kick ring). Replaced with a third that went together fine and looked great, but after 3 days of use the button progressed from so-so to crunchy to difficult to impossible to fire without using both hands. The thing is junk.

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
Oh boy. That sounds like a terrible experience squirrel.
All of the listings on ebay have, what I am going to call, the "Off-branded" box. Or some even flatly say the brown box isn't included.
I understand that all of the nemesis clones come from essentially the same factories, just differences in qc.
But, I have read numerous posts saying that it was a great mech, whether ft version or hcigar.

I think the boxes labeled nemesis are chinabuy clones. Not hcigar. So there aren't any hcigar's on ebay to my knowledge.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
From the looks of the listing, he probably bought direct from one of the alibaba listings @ around $15 -$19 each and has been blowing them out on eBay, (that's what a lot of eBay sellers do),... It is the only thing the seller has listed and as crxess pointed out codevape.com isn't a registered website... He has only been an eBay seller for all of 13 days as of today... I would stay as far away from that purchase as possible... I can understand why there has only been (1) feedback score for them!!!

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
Hehe a knockoff of a knockoff. Problem with the Chinese clones is they will figure out how to copy something, then run off a ton of copies without changing or adjusting for tool wear. You could get a really good one or possibly horrible if it was late in the run.

(me) "I'd like serial number one!"
(china company) "Well, you're in luck! That's the only number we've been selling!"
(me) "NOOOOOOOOOO"

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I did find this now though...
Nemesis Clone by Hcigar - 101 Vape
I have previously trusted 101vape, and they do have deals that seem too good to be true, such as the mvp2 for $40. But $30 for the hcigar? I don't know if they've sold any yet or just posted the listing before they have stock.

I've ordered from 101 vapes and trust them as well. Had issues with VapeRoyalty basically screwing up my funds and putting them on hold for 11 days, declining my purchase, and generally not helping at all. They just insisted I "wait for it to fix itself" or "contact your bank's customer service" even though I expressly mentioned I use a pre-paid card without any customer service. Eventually got my money back but I have reservations attempting to purchase through them again. Ugh -_-

Got my Hcigar Nemesis clone from 101 Vapes today. First glance, I love it. Came with a kick ring, and checking out the innards it appears to be a genuine Hcigar based on video I've seen of the switch. Nice machining, smooth threads, the button was a little crunchy until I adjusted the throw and it was quite nice, easily doable with just a pinky.

So I threw my UD IGO-T on top and.... wouldn't thread down. Got about 3/4th of the way and the threads just seized up. I immediately went to adjust the top pin further down and see if I couldn't get it to seat flush (or at least make a connection).

Same thing. 3/4th way in, nothing going on. Alright, so I guess my IGO-T doesn't thread down very far. I'll just adjust the pin all the way up and hope I can get a connection. I can live with a gap between my atty and mod, for now...

But no. It did not work. Nothing worked. I tried my Optimus S RDA and it was the same story. Protank 1? No dice. Protank 2? Nadda.

Alright. So now I have this very nice looking, well machined, and ready to vape mechanical but NOTHING I HAVE WILL FIT ON IT.

Please guys, is it just that none of my toppers will fit in the 510 connection, or is something else going on? I could use someone's advice because I have this twisted kanthal and a half dozen builds I would LOVE to try, been DYING to try and my first mechanical mod now appears to be defunct. Should I return it? Do I need to buy a new RDA?

Photos of the 101 Vapes "Hcigar Nemesis Clone:"

enoch777-albums-coils-picture292432-hcigar-nemesis.jpg

enoch777-albums-coils-picture292434-hcigar-nemesis-510-connection.jpg

koski88

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Boca Raton, FL, USA
I just got my Nemmy clone last night, ordered from Vape Royalty, and I must say I am very impressed with how well made this is. Been vaping on it all last night and this morning and no issues to report. Everything fit together very well and no problems with firing and all my attys thread in very nice and sit flush with the device.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I've ordered from 101 vapes and trust them as well. Had issues with VapeRoyalty basically screwing up my funds and putting them on hold for 11 days, declining my purchase, and generally not helping at all. They just insisted I "wait for it to fix itself" or "contact your bank's customer service" even though I expressly mentioned I use a pre-paid card without any customer service. Eventually got my money back but I have reservations attempting to purchase through them again. Ugh -_-

Got my Hcigar Nemesis clone from 101 Vapes today. First glance, I love it. Came with a kick ring, and checking out the innards it appears to be a genuine Hcigar based on video I've seen of the switch. Nice machining, smooth threads, the button was a little crunchy until I adjusted the throw and it was quite nice, easily doable with just a pinky.

So I threw my UD IGO-T on top and.... wouldn't thread down. Got about 3/4th of the way and the threads just seized up. I immediately went to adjust the top pin further down and see if I couldn't get it to seat flush (or at least make a connection).

Same thing. 3/4th way in, nothing going on. Alright, so I guess my IGO-T doesn't thread down very far. I'll just adjust the pin all the way up and hope I can get a connection. I can live with a gap between my atty and mod, for now...

But no. It did not work. Nothing worked. I tried my Optimus S RDA and it was the same story. Protank 1? No dice. Protank 2? Nadda.

Alright. So now I have this very nice looking, well machined, and ready to vape mechanical but NOTHING I HAVE WILL FIT ON IT.

Please guys, is it just that none of my toppers will fit in the 510 connection, or is something else going on? I could use someone's advice because I have this twisted kanthal and a half dozen builds I would LOVE to try, been DYING to try and my first mechanical mod now appears to be defunct. Should I return it? Do I need to buy a new RDA?

I've been down that road back a while ago... I cussed the vendor I used for days... I too got my funds reinstated after 10 business days. The problem was very minor... When entering my street address I had a dyslexic moment and 2 of the numbers were incorrect and the system declined the transaction. It had nothing to do with the vendor at all. It was all the company I have the PP card through... They called it a security measure!!! I called it BS...

As to the problem with your device and its threading, I have read several threads where the threading is not very clean and there have been some metal chips left behind or hanging inside. You might have to look in there with a magnifying glass to be able to see them sometimes. You might have to clean out the threads with a tap or another screw. I am no positive, but think it a 5m x .07 thread. Is the top pin in the nemmy threaded? Take the pin out and go to Ace, Lowe's, or HD and match the thread up and get either a tap or another screw to clean it up... Just a suggestion...

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
As to the problem with your device and its threading, I have read several threads where the threading is not very clean and there have been some metal chips left behind or hanging inside. You might have to look in there with a magnifying glass to be able to see them sometimes. You might have to clean out the threads with a tap or another screw. I am no positive, but think it a 5m x .07 thread. Is the top pin in the nemmy threaded? Take the pin out and go to Ace, Lowe's, or HD and match the thread up and get either a tap or another screw to clean it up... Just a suggestion...

Hah yea, I *think* I forgot to check the box for country, and left it blank. I was rather excited and in a rush to be ordering such a nice mechanical (Atomo Mod) from a trusted supplier.

EDIT:: Simple cleaning worked. Used Protank 2 which apparently has slightly smaller threads (?) and worked it in and out a few times (That's what she said!).
Got a good connection now. Damn I don't know what was going on, yesterday it was like trying to fit a bowling ball in a coffee can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread