Giving the fuse mod a go tomorrow... Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I recommend Mundy style. :D

You plug your 10 amp fuse in and she ain't goin' nowhere.

ETA:

From .4 to .2 V drop in 5 minutes. :toast:
Had stuff in parts bin.
No modification to Reo required.

16c7cd422bddbba1fd1a0d969e389061_zps33dcd20f.jpg

4f9ab0a617a19ea6efb5e9ebba6aeaa9_zps7bab553e.jpg

Thanks!

:vapor:

Last edited:

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
I second Mundy's way, being able to screw the pad in is the way to go (I took the paint off around the bottom screw hole on the inside).

I took Mundy's way one step further and replicated the bottom connection for a top connection, then covered the thing with modeling clay. This way I can use any off the shelf fuse without modding it and its plug and play. However, it's not like its that difficult to premake 5 fuses with bent legs. But this gives me a perfect fit where the fuse mount will not move around. Just be wary of the top fuse leg touching the back of the mod and bypassing the fuse (this would be rare but possible)

Here's where I talk about my proceedure - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/472662-spring-what-spring-8.html#post10958633

armyofskittles

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Norflk, VA
Works good! Don't have a way of testing the vdrop yet, my multimeter is mia, probably at work. But I think it's helped. My 1ohm coil is vaping great on my RM2 :) Im going to need the connector eventually, and a better way to avoid a short on the other leg. Just used electrical tape for now lol.

Bobas bounty just ordered. Need some new batteries as well. The red protective covering stuff is cracked and peeling all over...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Just push the fire button and touch both posts at the same time with say,...a screwdriver. That will be a direct short. If the fuse is installed properly, it will blow almost instantly. Only short it for one second at the most; if the fuse doesn't blow within a second then it's being bypassed.

yep and get ready to pull your screwdriver off before it trys to weld itself :D

narcolepticltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
atlanta, GA, USA
I'm wanting to set up a fuse on my reo, but I'm having a case of the stupids while looking at Mundy's photos. I did a little recon up at autozone last night, but wasn't able to find those particular connectors, and to be honest I can't tell exactly what I'm looking at in those photos. Can any of you guys take a better photo of the connectors needed, and possibly a higher definition / macro shot of it installed w/o the fuse?

I'm not inept, I just don't have a box of connectors lying around (just moved to a new apartment) and am probably more blind than I'd like to admit.

narcolepticltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
atlanta, GA, USA
just bend the legs on the fuse and sit battery on top mate, it wont move, I have to prize mine out with screwdriver etc to get it out :)

don't tell anyone but I use my reo door to get mine out :D

Currently the only 18650s I have are NCR18650 panasonics, flat topped. When I tried the sandwich method it seemed a bit wonky, but I'll give it another shot later this evening if I can't get ahold of the other mystery connector =).

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I have a pair of those NCR18650's sat here looking all sad and left out! they are the same length as my efest 1600's(flat tops) I use with the fuse mod, but in anycase
it doesn't matter because the beauty is so long as you don't bend the fuse legs flat against itself leave a nice gap you should be able to fit flat or button ;)

Last edited:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I'm wanting to set up a fuse on my reo, but I'm having a case of the stupids while looking at Mundy's photos. I did a little recon up at autozone last night, but wasn't able to find those particular connectors, and to be honest I can't tell exactly what I'm looking at in those photos. Can any of you guys take a better photo of the connectors needed, and possibly a higher definition / macro shot of it installed w/o the fuse?

I'm not inept, I just don't have a box of connectors lying around (just moved to a new apartment) and am probably more blind than I'd like to admit.

Dorman® Conduct-Tite!™ 85613 - Piggyback Slide Terminals | O'Reilly Auto Parts

zZiceLW.jpg

0D0WMoj.jpg

vvS21XD.jpg

jFJtDl2.jpg

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
do you have to sand some of the paint off to do this i tried this a couple weeks ago but it didn't fire like the OP im not great with these things lol

As you can see in the pic above, I did sand some powder coat off on mine. However, I did that because my first fuse mod was with a loose fuse, super_X_drifter style. I decided not to do any sanding on my copper vein when I fused it, to compare v-drop. V-drop is near identical between the two. Apparently, plenty of current is able to flow through the screw without sanding. YMMV :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread