Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
1.jpg

Tube tanks- INFERNO Tube Tank BCT System
Replacement Heads- Tube Tank BCT Heating Coils - 3 Pack

The all new INFERNO BCT TubeTank. This 1.8 ohm single coil bottom feeding tank is the culmination of over a year of design and R&D. We have designed a completely different type of bottom coil that vapes like no other bottom coil atomizer tank on the market. Combine the new Bottom coil head design with our FDA certified food grade plastic, this tank is ahead of the curve in safety, performance, and reliability.

First is the base, which contains the heating coil and battery connection threads. The new base construction eliminates the need for external tank sleeves continuing the sleek design. Rounding out the tank is the drip tip that has been upgraded to come standard with a polished chrome finish. You can also accessorize your tube tank with any of our custom drip tips which are available on our accessories page online.

2.jpg
Next is the heating coil which is replaceable and self contained. The Kanthol coil and silica wick assembly sits in a ceramic cup and has non-resistive leads that connect to the power source. Moreover, the heads are enclosed in a chrome-plated brass housing that both protects the coil and wick, and regulates the E-liquid and air flow to provide the best possible flavor and vapor. The coil is also triple insulated to prevent any micro shorts.

3.jpg
Filling up your tank has never been easier. Simply unscrew the base of the Tube Tank to expose the inner tank well. Next, fill the tank well with eliquid up to just about the end of the air shaft making sure not to drip any eliquid down the center shaft. A full tank will look like so. Lastly, reassemble the base of the Tube Tank by screwing it back together with the tank well. Make sure the seal is tight before use.

4.jpg
Once your BCT Tube tank is full and ready to use, simply attach it to any INFERNO battery and before activating the device, take 1 – 3 dry puffs to prime the device prior to use. After the Tube Tank has been primed, simply hold the activation button and take a long consistent pull for the best vapor production.

The INFERNO BCT Tube Tank | VOLCANO Fine Electronic Cigarettes® - YouTube

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I've tried a few tanks over the 5+ years since I've been vaping, but after recently trying my nephew's Volcano Inferno BCC tank, I couldn't believe how good it was. I thought, finally someone came up with a design for this type of tank that doesn't mute the flavor!

So I spent a lot of money and ordered a kit plus an extra tank and extra pack of replacement heating coils. Currently they are only available in 1.8 ohm. After receiving my kit, putting everything together, including filling the tank with Bluewater Punch, my first couple drags were great. After that, I get a really harsh throat hit.

Normally, I use a 2.0 ohm regular size carto on an eGo batt. But cartos and tanks are so different from each other, so I kept trying it for a few days and decided I need a higher ohm atty, but there is only the one 1.8 ohm choice.

I talked with Paul from Volcano earlier today and he gave me some pointers, which work for a little while, but I want my new device to work well always. I am wondering if anyone else who is overly sensitive like I am is having this problem and if you found a way to work around it. Also, these replacement heads are on the expensive side, so I am also wondering if anyone has cleaned them yet with any success and how. As far as I know, Volcano is the only company that makes this particular type.

I'm finding LR works better taste-wise on fruit or mint flavors as opposed to dessert flavors. My regular flavor is maple frosted rolls and I can't even taste it with these new tanks. :( I really don't want to fiddle with variable voltage or wattage. Anyway, at this point regular 2.0 ohm regular size single coil cartos still work better for me (on all types of flavors), but I really want this particular tank system to work (especially after spending so much money).

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Is your ego a variable voltage style if so I've found each juice has its own voltage so to speak.

Thanks for your response, Rancor. I think with a tank, I am thinking the same. Cartos act a bit different in how they deliver taste, for me anyway. I do most of my vaping on passthrough and did use a variable volt eGo passthrough for a while, but really couldn't tell much difference in its 3 voltage choices. If I remember correctly, I liked it best on the middle setting, which seemed to be what a regular standard eGo is anyway. Also, the button was metal and got hot. That was the first one I tried and I don't think it was a real eGo. I also have an eGo twist and a generic variable volt box mod. Wasn't impressed enough to keep using them. I preferred the regular 650 mAh eGos for size while out in public and the 650 mAh passthrough seems to have the best track record over the others I've tried. I've narrowed down my flavor preferences to about 3, so I really don't need a lot of voltage choices. I might with these kind of tanks though.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
it can take a few days fro these to really start wicking consistently. Keep trying the tricks Paul told you and see if it gets better. And try not to fiddle with it, I know a lot of people get the dry hit and they open it up to mess with it. You don't really want to keep opening it up. The system works on a pressure vacuum so if you open the tank then you release all that pressure and then it will not work well. If you do open it you will need to blow into it a bit to help rebuild that pressure.

There will be higher ohm heads when we roll out the Lavatube version of the BCT Tube Tank, those will be around 3.0ohms. We may bring in a mid range ohm head as well if there is a big enough demand for one.

On your next refill as well, take the head out of the base and wipe it down really well. There may be a film on the head from the manufacturing process that is allowing air bubbles to stick to the head and tank causing juice to not get into the head and cause those dry harsh hits.

it can take a few days fro these to really start wicking consistently. Keep trying the tricks Paul told you and see if it gets better. And try not to fiddle with it, I know a lot of people get the dry hit and they open it up to mess with it. You don't really want to keep opening it up. The system works on a pressure vacuum so if you open the tank then you release all that pressure and then it will not work well. If you do open it you will need to blow into it a bit to help rebuild that pressure.

There will be higher ohm heads when we roll out the Lavatube version of the BCT Tube Tank, those will be around 3.0ohms. We may bring in a mid range ohm head as well if there is a big enough demand for one.

On your next refill as well, take the head out of the base and wipe it down really well. There may be a film on the head from the manufacturing process that is allowing air bubbles to stick to the head and tank causing juice to not get into the head and cause those dry harsh hits.

You guys deleted all the bad reviews on this thing including mines. Your new BCT tank is faulty and you claim no responsibility. Just remember word of mouth spreads quick in /Hawaii no matter how many posts you delete. Bad business don't last long.

I got this tank and in 3 days the clear part cracked and completely separate from the colored piece. I called customer service and they sent me a new one for free, and again in less than 3 days it got covered in cracks completely through the clear part and now the liquid leaks out of those cracks. I'm using the same liquid as I did with your old tanks and that one is still fine after using it for almost a year. This is an extreme disappointment, I don't know how you can call it an upgrade to your previous tank. Definitely taking my business elsewhere and getting a tank that will actually work and last more than 3 days.

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
May I ask what kind of issues you are having with your BCT? Have you reached out to your Customer Service team for help?
I think the new tanks work great, except for the coils(which are built very badly) and don't last but a week. But I found that they can and are very easy to rebuild. $12.99 for a 3 pack (no way) I rebuilt the 3 that came with the starter kit for the last 5 months.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
I am happy to hear this is working for you. I do however want to make sure that you know that this would be considered modifying and per our terms and conditions, it could void the warranty on your batteries since they are being used on a modified atomizer option. We do recommend purchasing and using new coils and atomizer parts to protect your warranty coverage on your batteries.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I wasted a lot of money on the Inferno kit. Right after I received and tried it, the first couple hits were fine. Then after that they were very harsh. I called Volcano and was told the tanks would probably be made available for MODS which would require a higher resistance and as soon as some came in, I would be sent some. 1.8 ohms is just too harsh for me. So far, there still is no other choice for resistance in the drop down menu for the replacement coils. Everything in the kit is very well made. I don't understand why the batteries have such a short cut-off though. At least I can use them as back ups, also as passthroughs, and it's good to have an extra charger for my eGo batts. I like the design of the replacement coils and can see why they would cost more, but still they really are very expensive, especially if you can't rebuild them. I'll probably end up just giving this kit to my nephew. His first and only device is the Inferno, so he is used to it. I bought it because I tried his and really liked it. I guess I should have spent more time with it.

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Aloha Janet,

I am sorry you feel this way. Have you had a chance to view our knowledge base? Here is a link to our knowledge base sections on both the BCT and the Inferno kit. These may assist you with some of your questions. The reason for the 15 second cut off with the Inferno battery is to prevent any risk of over heating and causing damage. A this time, we do only have the 1.8ohm at this time. We are close to the BCT tank becoming available for the Lavatube, which will be a higher resistance. This wont be as powerful on the Inferno and the coils should work fine in the BCT for the Inferno. We do not have a ETA on when these will be available though, they are still in the works and not yet in production.

Here is the link to the BCT tanks

Here is the link to the Inferno kit

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
Aloha Specious,

This really can vary like with any other heating element or atomizer option. There are a number of factors that can affect life span; one of them of course is the type of use, and you mention that you are likely a pretty heavy user. Another thing can be the kind of liquid you are using (flavor, PG/VG ratio, and even the color). The sweeter flavor can cause clogging quicker as well as the darker flavors. On average most users get between 1-3 weeks of use and sometimes more. There is also the possibility that like any other heating element, they can go out for no reason at all, without any warning. These are designed to be disposable and should be expected to be replaced regularly.

If you take a look at our knowledge base we do have some great step by step information that may help you out. We have 2 different sections on cleaning the coils, one of which is more advanced and includes some dry burning that may benefit you. I will also give you the link to the entire BCT system section.

BCT Tube Tank section

BCT Tank Cleaning

BCT Tank Cleaning Advanced

Last edited:

JoeInferno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Honolulu, HI
www.volcanoecigs.com
My pleasure. We offer a great deal of information in our knowledge base and should you not locate what you need there you are always welcome to contact us through a support ticket or by calling our toll free number.

Thank you Joe for this useful information - I didn't know about dry burning before so I'll try that and let you know how it goes. Luckily I've kept my old coils in case I found a way to revitalise them!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Fiend v1.2.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread