Walmart Smoking Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinoaa52r

Jun 20, 2010
Alton, IL USA
Walmart actually has e-cigs/PVs banned along with regular cigs in their smoking policy. Walmart thinks the only difference between PVs and regular cigs is PVs don't have tobacco leaves in them. Next time I'm at work I'll print the smoking policy out and scan it for you guys to read. I guess as far as customers go it depends on the store and who sees you vaping as to weather they will say something or not.

Walmart actually has e-cigs/PVs banned along with regular cigs in their smoking policy. Walmart thinks the only difference between PVs and regular cigs is PVs don't have tobacco leaves in them. Next time I'm at work I'll print the smoking policy out and scan it for you guys to read. I guess as far as customers go it depends on the store and who sees you vaping as to weather they will say something or not.

Make sure that directly sharing/scanning company policy isn't a violation of company policy either . . .

. . . teeheehee.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I work at the Big W too and am aware of the prohibited use of tobacco and e-cigs inside the store. I work the night shift and none of us would stop anyone from vaping inside unless they were being rude about it. Several of us are vapers and some have been known to take a hit now and then too, when out of sight of management and the security cameras.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape openly in Walmart, but I'm just a customer. No one has ever given me a second look.

Employees can't vape? I guess that's typical company policy these days. I was an outside technical rep employee before I retired. I had to respect the various policies of my customers. Most required that you go to the parking lot to smoke or vape. We had a no smoking policy for inside company buildings for years, but you could smoke outside the front door. Then, the city passed a 25 foot rule to comply with state laws.

I wanted a rule that said no buttered microwave popcorn in the building. That fake butter smell makes me want to leave, although I love to eat popcorn.

rinoaa52r

Jun 20, 2010
Alton, IL USA
I don't remember there being a CBL about it but all you have to do is do a search on the wire for smoking policy. I don't mind going outside to do it, although what bugs me is that employees and management both will light up regulars and smoke right outside the front doors. Here in Illinois the law is 15 feet away. I at least go to the side of the building where I'm not potentially exposing customers to the vapor/smoke. As far as I know smoking and now vaping has and was always a privilege not a right so I try to treat it like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread