Best atomizer to use with the eGo/Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Enterprise, Alabama, United States
I got lucky and got an order in with Dietsmokes late last night for an eGo. Just checked my e-mail and found out they shipped it today and it should be here by Wednesday. It only comes with one atty though so I wanted to have a few extra on hand, in case anything goes wrong with that one I don't want to be waiting in limbo.

I've been reading about the LR atty's and that they almost turn a 3.7V mod into a 5V one. I was just wondering how these stack up against the eGo atty's. Janty's out of those right now but I did notice they were more expensive, individually, than the LR ones I found a link to on here last night. I also noticed Janty sells a cheaper eGo atty, the TAWA atty, which Janty says is the same product but doesn't come with the same 6 month warranty the regular one comes with.

It seems like there are plenty of eGo vapers around here. Which atty have you found works the best with it?

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
The eGo/Tornado just uses a 510 atty. If Janty is out, order from another vendor. Almost all carry them.
Yeah, I get that the eGo uses a 510 atty, and that any old standard 510 atty will work with the eGo, but everything I've read about the Janty eGo atomizer says that it works much better with the eGo than the standard 510 atty does. Also, it sells for more than $15 a piece on Janty's website, which also says that the reason they've been out of stock for so long on the eGo's is because they haven't been able to get in eGo atty's in stock, so I have a hard time imaging that it's your standard JOYE 510 atomizer that comes with it.

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Also you should order BE-510s or the other 510 clones, NOT Joye 510 atomizers. These atomizers are designed for higher voltages.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. I don't know the right way to say it but I know that I've read there's high voltage atomizers (made to handle the higher voltage mods) and that there's low resistance atomizers which can allow you to vape at close to 5V with a 3.7V mod. Since the eGo caps out at 3.7V, this was the way I was most definitely leaning in, just wanted to hear if anybody had any experience with any of these HV or LR atty's on the eGo and how they stack up compared to the one that originally comes with the starter kit and can be bought on Janty's site when in stock.

Like I said, I'm probably not phrasing any of this right, but I'd love to know which atty most people enjoy using with the eGo.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Also you should order BE-510s or the other 510 clones, NOT Joye 510 atomizers. These atomizers are designed for higher voltages.

nooo that's a bad bit of advice.... the eGo battery actually is about 3.1V ...the clone atties have higher resistance than the standard 2.3Ω.. the clones are at a resistance of around 3.2Ω...

I would go with one of the low resistance atties that are at 1.5Ω..or even the standard genuine joye 510... the LR atties are real nice on the eGo and do produce much more and a much warmer vape..I have some that I'm using on my eGo..

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

As Drozd already mentioned... that's really bad advice. The last thing that you want to do is put a high resistance, "high voltage" atomizer on the eGo/Tornado. If anything, go for a low resistance atomizer.

I think new eGo/Tornado users will be happy with the traditional Joey (true Joye) 510 atomizer.. available from many sources.

If the vapor "just isn't getting you there".... even with the cone on.. then you might want to consider one of the 1.5Ω or 1.6Ω 510-equivalent atomizers available from Drew at NHaler.

I'm still evaluating that combo.... so I'm hesitant to say much more.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I ordered my eGo from Jack at Happy Vaper and was able to order an extra atomizer for $13 canadian. Not sure if that helps as I don't know where you are located, but for me in Canada, it was a good deal.

Lola....

For the sake of my own sanity I'm hoping that's your real name and not a reference to a Kinks song.... ;)

Axium

Feb 13, 2010
MO
The low resistance Magnum attys are probably the best performance you are going to get from an Ego/Tornado right now. I have one and it produces massive vapor with only a 1-3 second drag, but it requires dripping/topping off after only 5-10 hits so it's a trade-off. There are times when I NEED the massive vapor and don't care about the hassle, and the Magnum delivers superbly, but it's not my go-to setup. Probably 90% of the time I'm vaping it's on a Ego/Tornado with an 808 adapter.

Daifne

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Wisconsin
Personally I like to use TW's mega attys because the cart is bigger and it lets me vape longer.
I also am using the mega attys with the mega carts on my eGos. Great combination. I am going to test a 901 atty with an adaptor, but I think I will mostly still use the megas. (At least until Janty releases the Tesla...)

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll go ahead an place an order for a few of the LR Magnum atty's, as I don't mind filling my carts back up every 5-10 hits. If I find it too often I can always use my standard eGo atty while I'm at work, or even use my standard 510 kit while I'm at the office, especially once my 5V PT arrives!

So what's this about Janty releasing the Tesla? Never heard of that before.

EasyVapin

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
If the vapor "just isn't getting you there".... even with the cone on.. then you might want to consider one of the 1.5Ω or 1.6Ω 510-equivalent atomizers available from Drew at NHaler.

I didn't realize there were two different types of low resistance atty's out there. Are one of these the same ones as the LR magnum atty's? I could have sworn those were from Drew as well.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I also am using the mega attys with the mega carts on my eGos. Great combination. I am going to test a 901 atty with an adaptor, but I think I will mostly still use the megas. (At least until Janty releases the Tesla...)

I've been meaning to try my Ego with a 901, I should try that tonight.

Elfyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Southern California
Personally I like to use TW's mega attys because the cart is bigger and it lets me vape longer.

Like Col. Gaunt and Daifne I also use TW mega attys and mega carts with my eGo/Tornado. Great combo that lets you vape longer between topoffs. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread