Gum recession

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty007

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
United Kingdom
vaping, no matter how heavy shouldn't cause Gum Disease/recession.

Nicotine doesn't cause Gum Disease/Recession, all the other chemicals in analogs causes it.

Many of my friends who had Gum Recession/mild Gum Disease due to smoking noticed it stopped once they'd given up smoking and started vaping.

There are many things that cause Gum Recession and Disease, primarily bad oral hygiene and smoking. Vaping will not cause it because it doesn't contain the chemicals that analogs do.

Your Gums should actually be improving.

JCSmith

Jan 4, 2014
San Diego, CA
I saw some "pink in the sink" and got all freaked out and thought that my mouth was on it's way to looking like the Crypt Keeper due to Vaping. I discovered that there's a vast amount of discussion/opinions about this online. Not being the poster child for Dental Health Weekly, I started doing a better job of brushing, flossing and rinsing. Being overdue for a cleaning, I saw my dentist who said there's nothing wrong with the integrity of my gums so quit worrying. So what's important for me is that I'm doing a better job of taking care of my teeth, my gums look a lot better and since I started Vaping my mouth doesn't smell like an ashtray.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi,

has anyone noticed any gum recession due to heavy vaping (low nic) ?

Quite the opposite. Gums and teeth are looking great...Dentist and Dental Hygienist LOVE the improvement. Realize also nicotine stimulates growth= more blood vessels= more gum regeneration/ repair.
When I began vaping one of the first things I did was visit my Dentist and GP. Dentist was actually so interested he took a bunch of pics...didn't show them to me until I had been analog free for a year....whatta difference- teeth were bright white and gums were pink and healthy. Last time I went for a checkup he greeted me wearing a pair of sunglasses as a joke cuz as he said my teeth were sooo white LOLLLL

"In a series of experiments, the researchers found that nicotine could enhance new blood vessel growth in mice whose hind limbs were artificially starved of oxygen."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/07/010730075130.htm

Last edited:

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Vaping, no matter how heavy shouldn't cause Gum Disease/recession.

Nicotine doesn't cause Gum Disease/Recession, all the other chemicals in analogs causes it.

Many of my friends who had Gum Recession/mild Gum Disease due to smoking noticed it stopped once they'd given up smoking and started vaping.

There are many things that cause Gum Recession and Disease, primarily bad oral hygiene and smoking. Vaping will not cause it because it doesn't contain the chemicals that analogs do.

Your Gums should actually be improving.

Nicotine (aside from smoke) has been implicated in reducing blood flow to the gums.

And vaping will dry your mouth out, which will increase gum recession.

It's without doubt a heck of a lot better for your gums than smoking, but I seriously doubt it's harmless on that front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread