I was excited.. and then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyCrusher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
So I purchased a REO from someone on the forum and was excited to join the ranks.

How ever aside from receiving an INSANELY dirty REO this little problem also presented itself when I removed the door and took a look inside
20140113_134046.jpg

So uh... how do I repair this?

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
If you don't see a contact point when you press the button there is a problem.

This might be parts to a rebuild kit though.

My opinion is you need to send it to Robert the owner and maker of the REO and have it checked out and fixed.

That looks like the center post in the connector has snapped and the firing contact is off.

You could try yourself with a rebuild kit, but I recommend a trip to Robert.

Robert O'Neil
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred, Maine

Include your name and address and the problem. Remove any juice from the bottle.

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Seller is being a boss and reimbursing the repair kit cost
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it? And that's aside from the overall condition it was sent to you in (insanely dirty). I'm so very sorry this person took advantage of your good natured trust.

PayleRyder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Cary, NC
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it unethical and immoral to sell something that isn't working and not mention it?....

A thousand times, yes! The last classies purchase I made was for my white whale.. A mini Woodvil in walnut/zebra to match a regular Woodvil I have. Upon arrival, I found a mess.. Including the negative wire completely missing from the switch. (Not unattached.. missing).

After a quick trip to Maine for the little guy, Robert hooked me up.

Needless to say, my last classies purchase will most likely be my last classies purchase.

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
I just bought a rebuild kit. I'll send it off to Rob if I feel the need. Would have been great to have known there was an issue because I just got a package from Rob today -_-

Watch rob's video on rebuilding the reo. I received my reo from the classifieds not working as well (was aware of one of the issues when purchased), and rebuilt the whole thing in around 20 minutes.

I am not mechanically inclined at all....not even a little, and the rebuild was a snap. From what i hear Rob will fix it and send it back to you working as if it was brand new, but do not be scared of a rebuild yourself.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod

I have with lots of pics, and even then it has to be cheap enough that with a rebuild I come in more than a few dollars less than new. I've also gotten really lucky compared to stories I hear. One I saw...new door, so it looked great in one pic. When I got more, it had obviously been the gravel road tester.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Yeah, much as I love mine simply because it's my first Reo, it wouldn't have been very much more to get a new, clean one with the extra parts they come with. It arrived not only dirty but with a partially filled bottle of juice - I mean, really? But it introduced me to Reoville, and for that I'm grateful. And I'm in love with my brand new RM2:D

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I agree - however, it has to be good for him to have the demand of a used market (at such a high price too)- word gets around, people eventually come to him for another one, etc., etc!

Unless it's out of production or the savings are good, it's better to support the maker directly and buy new.

BabyCrusher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Personally I would never buy a used mod unless I new the person was honest and clean . I get mods in the shop all the time people trying to save a few bucks so they buy a used mods . Only to end up spending full price for a used and abused mod

Well rob you see...I'm waiting for a woody ^_^ figured I need a practice mate so I know how to treat it right ^_^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread