Center pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
Alright Provari folks. I posted this in the technician section and got nothing. I'm relying on you guys here. I want to change the center pin on my provaris to either a spring loaded pin or a floating pin. My kanger protank 3 gets its positive post squished when I flush mount it to my provaris and it's bad enough that I don't use it anymore. Which is sad because I love the taste it produces. Has anyone, anyone at all made this change to their setup? I have two provaris, both 2.5 chips, one old body style one new body. The older one is out of warranty at this point so I'm semi willing to experiment. Would just like input before I do.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
Try filing off the center pin on the addie a little bit till you get the fit you want. Why mess up a proVari.

Id have to agree with tfl. I'm not super knowledgeable on modding but it just seems a better idea to mess with the $15 equipment over the $200 equipment.

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
I would modify the protank....
With that said I have had one of my provaris apart. the top cap is sealed so it cant leak into the provari. It looks like the pin could be drilled out and an adjustable pin screwed in. My fear would be liquid leaking in and killing the electronics, The other problem I see is getting the pin to sit lower. If you drill and tap it screwed all the way down it would sit higher. Anything is possible it just depends on how bad you want it and your skill level. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
I probably wont do it after all. I just got my order confirmation that my russian 91% is shipping, I have another kayfun clone that I picked up from a B&M on friday that sits really well on the provari. Ill most likely be picking up some cheaper device for when I go out and about that I know the protank sits better on. Thanks all. Oh, I did contact provari, they have no plans to make a floating pin, :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread