aero tank base on protank 2 short review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro Rayas

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
USA AZ
I have put down my pt2 for a while now ( a month) due to leaky and gurgling issues just got the aero base due to how it is compatible. Wow!!!!! is all i have to say now I used to get a lot of dry hits with the normal base for some reason this one doesn't at 11W 2.8ohm mvp 2 and it hasn't leak at all and no gurgle sooooooo happy only 6 dollars and shipping soooo worth it and the air flow control is awesome!!!!!!!! :vapor: i love easy rebuild vaping and this protank 2 with aero base is it (i am a begginer at building still)

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
ohh and i forgot to say that it doesn't sit flush with my mvp 2 but i dont mind only a little line of opening exposed i don't wanna push down the pin anymore other than till it's functional

Oh that's a shame! Maybe someone will come up with a beauty ring for flush mount. :)

Otownvapd

Moved On
Jan 17, 2014
Orlando Florida
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
I have put down my pt2 for a while now ( a month) due to leaky and gurgling issues just got the aero base due to how it is compatible. Wow!!!!! is all i have to say now I used to get a lot of dry hits with the normal base for some reason this one doesn't at 11W 2.8ohm mvp 2 and it hasn't leak at all and no gurgle sooooooo happy only 6 dollars and shipping soooo worth it and the air flow control is awesome!!!!!!!! :vapor: i love easy rebuild vaping and this protank 2 with aero base is it (i am a begginer at building still)

Could you please tell me where you got the Aerotank base? I've been wanting one since I first heard of it, but I bought the PT3 the day before the Aero was announced and I don't want to shell out $26 for yet another tank if I can get all the same features just by buying the base and slappin it on my old PT2. Thanks in advance!

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Been looking to find a replacement base for my pt1. What i need is a ptII base for it because the pt1 base is too airy. Obviously i found plenty of sites that sell "pt replacement base" but don't specify whether they're the old or the new ones.

Threading on PT1 is exactly same as PT2/3 and Aero. You should be able to use the AeroTank base on PT1.
KangerTech AeroTank Base - Sun-Vapers.com

Lewtz

Jan 11, 2014
Simpsonville, SC

Thanks for the info, I've been thinking about ordering the bases for my 2 PT2's.

*edit: Screw it, just went and ordered 2 bases.

Last edited:

shelleyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
rockville, MD
www.shelleybain.com
I got the aero tank base to try on my Protank3 because I wasn't really happy with the P3 -- the difference was amazing - I also got mine at Sun-Vapers -

On a side note - I decided to try the base on my Smok Tech HBC Bottom Coil Tank - It works perfectly and again the difference is amazing and since I like my HBC tanks because I'm a girl and I think they are pretty - I immediately ordered two more bases so I can use them on my other tanks!

2014-01-22 19.20.23-1.jpg

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Threading on PT1 is exactly same as PT2/3 and Aero. You should be able to use the AeroTank base on PT1.
KangerTech AeroTank Base - Sun-Vapers.com

Before the aerotank was released i was looking for a replacement for my pt 1 base. The vent holes are too high on the thread of the pt 1 base and allow too much ventilation. The pt 2 base's vent holes are a little lower and provide a tighter draw which is what i want. When i looked for replacements there was no way to tell what base they were selling.

Anyway, yesterday i ordered an aerotank base from Protank Airflow Controller [VE659] - £3.99 : Vape Escape
Should get it tomorrow.

I was a little hesitant about getting the aerotank base because i was concerned it would be the same as the original air flow controller. Short skinny version, worthless piece of crap !. But the aerotank's ventilation is adjusted by simply rotating the controller ring allowing air through the holes in the sides.

The original air flow controller had a centre pin that protruded out of the bottom when the valve was closed. So it would push the centre terminal in on whatever device it was on. As i said "a piece of crap".

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So, i got the aerotank base through the post today. Hmmm, thing is, when i screw the protank coil into it, the centre pin still protrudes a tiny bit. It works great on my protank 1 with a spinner. But when i put it onto my vamo there is still some resistance as it pushes the vamos terminal down and i don't like that. Thing is with my vamo, it got broken with the original air flow controller and after fixing it i still cannot use an afc because all i get is the "low load error". So that's what's happening today. I can put it on and leave it a little loose but if i tighten it all the way it doesn't work. So i've ordered one of these OCD Washer

See how i get on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread