Does vaping increase appetite/metabolism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I'm fairly new to vaping, only been with it for about a month or two. I have noticed though that after vaping consistently (18mg) throughout the days, my appetite has increased. So naturally, I eat more, but I don't seem to gain any weight. In fact, if anything, I think I'm losing a little bit of weight. I'm a 19 yr old guy-5'8'' and I weigh 128. My initial thoughts is that it must be a metabolism increase, right? But I didn't think nicotine could boost your metabolism so much that I could eat more and not gain any weight. Anyway, what are you guys thoughts on this? Have you had similar experiences? :2cool:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
It's plausible ... nicotine is a stimulant, it increases the heart rate, which in turn can increase metabolism. I actually feel like vaping makes me hungry sometimes, which could also be the result of vaping bakery flavors. But at times I also feel like it can satisfy my craving to have something sweet.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Hmm...I see. With most people, doesn't nicotine make you less hungry while at the same time increasing metabolism?
That's what I've always believed. I've never quit smoking without a weight gain, including when I was in my early twenties. I shouldn't have said never... Quiting cigarettes with vaping has actually helped me lose about 5 lbs. I'm pretty sure that's due to the nicotine.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I think everyone is spot on concerning nicotine. And yes, very similar BMI situation myself. I could be wrong but it has seemed to taper down for me, especially after quitting smoking completely. When it hit me it hit me pretty hard. I'd vape and immediately would become so hungry I'd feel sick almost, but this has not happened in quite a while. 100% VG juice @ 6 - 12mg nic, between 8 and 20+ watts. Again, it seems to disappear after you vape for a while and your body adjusts but YMMV.

Suggestions? Don't vape on an empty stomach if you don't have to ;P

You could also look into Bugleweed (Lycopus spp) extract. I take this as I am borderline hyperthyroid and it lowers metabolism to help counteract it. Consult your physician first, though.

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I read a lot of posts here where people are saying they've noticed a bit of weight loss and that certain flavors help with cravings. I've not experienced any of that. I'm 45, it could be an age thing. I'd love to lose a few pounds. I'm very active to the point of exhaustion at work. When I get home I have zero energy.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've been vaping for about 4 months and have lost 20 pounds. But with vaping and still receiving nicotine, I have not gotten the constant munchies like I did when attempting to quit smoking with other methods. All previous attempts to quit smoking I gained 10 pounds and never lost it.

I like to attribute the weight loss to the increased oxygen in my blood, but what the heck do I know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread