Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
If they did a news story on me, they might say, "Grandmother of four makes bath soap with a dangerous, caustic chemical used in drain cleaners." That would be lye, of course. And it's infinitely more hazardous than propylene glycol. ALL soap is made with lye; soap can't be made without lye. And to think we actually rub the stuff all over our bodies every day! My goodness, what will we do next?!

"Journalism", bah! They should change the name to "sensationalism". I never watch the news...

By the way, if you click the link in that article to send a letter, you'll notice the article was published in 2006. Not much has changed in over 7 years, huh?

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If they did a news story on me, they might say, "Grandmother of four makes bath soap with a dangerous, caustic chemical used in drain cleaners." That would be lye, of course. And it's infinitely more hazardous than propylene glycol. ALL soap is made with lye; soap can't be made without lye. And to think we actually rub the stuff all over our bodies every day! My goodness, what will we do next?!

"Journalism", bah! They should change the name to "sensationalism". I never watch the news...

By the way, if you click the link in that article to send a letter, you'll notice the article was published in 2006. Not much has changed in over 7 years, huh?

Such a good point.... we should make a list of other products where we could use a fake 'scare factor' in describing them. :) All the mandatory listing of almost any drug ad on TV is just as laughable.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Scaramento, eh? Hmmm...

That bill [Ellen Corbett's bill, shot down last session] should be resurrected and signed into law in California, along with a measure introduced last week by Assemblyman Roger Dickinson, D-Sacramento, that would limit the Internet sale of tobacco products – including e-cigarettes and vape pipes – to brick-and-mortar retailers. The FDA, too, should treat e-cigarettes like real ones, including banning their insidious ads.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-shipment-e-cigarettes-anyone-california.html

Article is packed with sly innuendo, as well as a gratuitous ad hominem attack on CASAA. Wonder who put Ms. Hubler up to this. Hmmm...

(I have to give her half a star for originality, tho. This is the first time I've seen ecig ads described as "insidious"...)

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread