Help! I'm having such a hard time right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanakala

Jan 18, 2014
Abington MD
Ok, so I received my shiny new halo triton kit a few days ago and really started vapeing Friday night. I put midnight apple in and away I went. The next morning it started to taste and smell burnt. So I started scouring ECF and thought maybe I would try something else in my other cartridge. So I put the Tribeca in and the proceeded to clean out the midnight apple. I believe the coil is toast on the midnight apple one and have ordered new ones and now my Tribeca is smelling like burnt popcorn. So here are my issues.
1)I'm trying to vape correctly at this point, but I don't understand how it's ok to do a long and slow pull which then heats the coil up a lot. I'm so worried about burning it now
2)did I contaminate my juices by pouring the excess back in?
3)I literally have cleaned my tanks several times today trying to find another flavor and everything tastes like crap now. Do I just need to back of and wait until all my new stuff comes in and start over with new juice?
4) could this all have been avoided by steeping?
5) I'm just frustrated that I'm never going to get the hang of vapeing correctly :confused:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
Ok, so I received my shiny new halo triton kit a few days ago and really started vapeing Friday night. I put midnight apple in and away I went. The next morning it started to taste and smell burnt. So I started scouring ECF and thought maybe I would try something else in my other cartridge. So I put the Tribeca in and the proceeded to clean out the midnight apple. I believe the coil is toast on the midnight apple one and have ordered new ones and now my Tribeca is smelling like burnt popcorn. So here are my issues.
1)I'm trying to vape correctly at this point, but I don't understand how it's ok to do a long and slow pull which then heats the coil up a lot. I'm so worried about burning it now
2)did I contaminate my juices by pouring the excess back in?
3)I literally have cleaned my tanks several times today trying to find another flavor and everything tastes like crap now. Do I just need to back of and wait until all my new stuff comes in and start over with new juice?
4) could this all have been avoided by steeping?
5) I'm just frustrated that I'm never going to get the hang of vapeing correctly :confused:

1) If your battery is a auto style(no button to push) you would fair better with a longer softer draw then you would pulling like smoking
2) I wouldn't say its contaminated in terms of unvapeable, but some of that burnt flavor may have lingered back into the bottle so it may not taste great
3) How you clean can have an effect, I simply used boiled water in a cup. sat the clearomizers in there for a bit, took them out and let them air dry over night. If the wicks havent completely dried its possible the water is messing with its ability to wick and that is causing your terrible flavor. not to mention if your quitting cigs and try to replace with vaping your tastebuds can be in the healing process for a while so juice taste will be weird at first.
4) steeping is subject to the person vaping, my wife never steeps any juice and I steep some of them but not all of them.
5) take a few deep breath's we all hit the proverbial wall at some point in vaping. once you get past that its usually smooth sailing.

Kanakala

Jan 18, 2014
Abington MD
Thank you! For getting back to me.
I got the manual battery...but I'm now starting to wonder if maybe what I really need is a vv. but maybe that would complicate things right now for me and I just need to stick it out.
As for cleaning, I totally forgot that about the wicks even if you squeeze out the water. I'm going to empty both tonight and let them dry out overnight. I have a new order with more on the way.
I guess I'll also go over tomorrow and get some more juice seeing as how I don't like any of the other samplers right now, but that may be because I'm trying to quit the analogs in the middle of all of this my taste buds are wonky.
Thanks for making me feel better...my husband thinks I'm getting a little OCD about all of this but I really love vapeing when it tastes good:vapor:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
1) A long, slow, gentle pull is the way to go, but if the coils is heating too much, just let go of the button sooner. You can pulse the button on and off while you pull to keep the heat down to where it's not tasting burnt.

2) possibly if there was enough burnt in the juice you poured back in, depends on how much in the tank and how much in the bottle

3) take a deep breath, if you have a new coil for your tank, or spare tank you can try that

4) steeping won't help get rid of a burnt taste

5) you might consider picking up a pack of nicotine gum to use a bit while you tweak your triton, keep the nic fits at bay (I did it starting out) there's a bit of a learning curve, but stick with it and ECF and you'll come through with flying colors...:)...:vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vaping techinque - Imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake; use your cheek muscles. Get a mouthful of vapor and hold it for a second. The nicotine in vapor is absorbed in the mouth, throat, and nasal airways (not in the lungs). A long slow draw of 3 - 5 seconds is long enough. You may then inhale into the lungs for a "cigarette-like" experience.

A normal drag of 6 seconds will not excessively burn your coils or wicks.

I'm not sure what resistance (ohms rating) the coils in the Triton uses in their tanks, but I saw that the have replacement coils in a number of resistances. You may happen to prefer a "cooler vape", which would mean when you use replacement coils you should order one of the higher resistances (higher ohm number). This would help eliminate any burnt taste or harsh vapor. Coils normally need to be replaced every 2 - 3 weeks.

Some juice flavors are just "bad" from the get go. Flavor preference is a very individual thing, and you may need to experiment with other flavors, and quite possibly from other vendors than Halo.

Kanakala

Jan 18, 2014
Abington MD
So just to give you all an update...
I cleaned and let the tanks sit over night. I placed an order for new coils at different resistance and the juices I liked. I dumped to the two juices because they were discolored after putting the "bad" juice back in. Unfortunately those were the only two I liked out of my two sampler packs soooo while i am waiting for my order....I went to my local vape shop(so cool, it's a coffee place and a vape lounge!) and lo and behold they helped me out of my rut. First I really think I needed a higher resistance and I was also really leaning toward a vv to help since then I could also control the v so I ended up with a bottom coil and a smok vv. and then I got to actually try a million different flavors so I stocked up on a whole bunch from them. I love my pretty triton, but I don't think the wick and I really get along very well. I've been using one of my new flavors in it when I have to charge the battery on the smok, but it's really strong. Thank you all again! I was getting so frustrated, and my husband just started vapeing like he was a professional lol :vapor:

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
baditude is right oh yeah, go higher ohm cause you cant adjust ur 3.7-4.1 batt, oh no no no,

sounds like burnt rubber, about the only you cant see is the tracks, dats right

hey baditude you ever seen a clearo that dont burn rubber at 3.7 ohms, man even my smoke aro's got a little burnt rubber stain, and using lower vv on them?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Sounds like you got a bad coil. I've got a Triton myself and have never had it leave a burned taste or smell, and I'm a pretty heavy hitter with the thing. Slow draws shouldn't be a problem, they should be the norm. I usually take a 3-4 second draw off mine. No burning at all.

I really think it was just a bad coil. As soon as you get a new coil in and replace it I'll bet it works fine after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread